X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• armedferret
    replied
    Prohibition Clothing Co newsboy, Alton Lane shirt, Suitsupply jacket, Spier trousers, AE Navy Shell Fifth Streets.

20200526_082424 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

20200526_082441 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Windy day calls for chili fifth aves and extra s130s layers.

IMG_20200511_105807_016 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

IMG_20200511_105807_015 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Details matter:

IMG_20200511_111837_465 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• nathan miller
    replied
    Wow, that is a fantastic looking pinstripe suit! I dig the wide peak lapels. Thanks for the shirt tucking tip, I'll try it next time.

I notice often the optical-opposite colored (or trimmed) pocket square is just the thing. I'll have to try it next time I get dressed up.

Here's what I wore today. It's one of the few times I've tried to put a shirt under a sweater (or any layer under any other layer for that matter). I messed with different shirts and a couple of v-necks I've obtained until I arrived at this. I think it works.

The doc martens I was not sure about (meh on them in general), but their color works for me. What say you?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VF...6oK24sY5Hb3wwx

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Buddy, I suspect you have many stories to tell that would require many drinks.

(also, I agree. Nice boots!)
    No sense living a boring life.

I may not have Woolf Barnato's money, but I figure I can still have a full resume.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Almost worth getting hauled to the hospital in handcuffs over, courtesy of Ashley Sauber at Allen Edmonds. I'll tell you the story over drinks sometime.
    Buddy, I suspect you have many stories to tell that would require many drinks.

(also, I agree. Nice boots!)

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Them boots...

Almost worth getting hauled to the hospital in handcuffs over, courtesy of Ashley Sauber at Allen Edmonds. I'll tell you the story over drinks sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Originally posted by armedferret View Post
    Them boots...

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Originally posted by Sideswipe View Post
    That tie's a beaut [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] - Hober?
    Indeed it are. Snagged it for a couple Andrew Jacksons on styleforum. Dig it.

Leave a comment:

• Sideswipe
    replied
    That tie's a beaut [MENTION=15101]armedferret[/MENTION] - Hober?

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Looks good Nathan! Shirts a tad bunched up front, i avoid this by gathering any excess at the side seams, pulling outward, then "folding" to the rear. Takes a bit of practice but easy enough to master and really improves the front aesthetic.

A minor niggle in the long run of course.

I learned civilian clothing is authorized for ID photos and since mine expires tomorrow, I've opted full beans on the photo. Never get to do THIS again so....hehehe?

IMG_20200429_094317_383 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

IMG_20200429_091626_672 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• nathan miller
    replied
    Very nice, gentlemen - you put me to shame! Not very long ago, my wardrobe was comprised entirely of oversized, years-old stuff from old navy and wal-mart. I decided to start dressing better, but I'm around the house most of the time nowadays, and I haven't worked up to wearing a suit for that.

This outfit is nothing by your standards, but may be a personal best for casual-wear. I think it works for the grocery shopping and errand-running I did today....... Possibly better untucked or with lighter jeans, but it's a start.

Let me know what I could improve. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1co...YTC09vcnGP8mzT

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied

20200422_092958 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

20200422_100350 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• armedferret
    replied
    Black Lapel 3 pc sans jacket, my beloved Prohibition Clothing Co. newsboy, Alton Lane shirt, Turnbull & Asser tie, AE shell Daltons.

20200421_111050 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

IMG_20200421_091345_016 by Professor Horseyhead, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Originally posted by basicbutch View Post
    How is the sleeve length on those?
    I'd say pretty good! Although it's a little hard getting my hand in/out through the sleeve cuff with it buttoned. The untucked shirts are inherently more casual so they don't need to be ending exactly at the wrist or anything like that.

Leave a comment:

• basicbutch
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post

BR slim/untucked flannel (finally, widely available off the rack shirts for short guys!)
    How is the sleeve length on those?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X