Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diggin the purple pants Pitt. Nice look. Strangely enough, I was just wearing a shawl collar and wine colored cords yesterday.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks greg! they're actually a dark navy but my phone camera + bad lighting does make it look more purple haha

Comment

Haha. Well if you want to buy some wine chinos they'll look good!

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Another day, another jacket/v-neck sweater vest/shirt combo. I'm not even gonna bother to post the pic unless someone cares...

Shirt: Roundtree & York - pinpoint blue/white vertical micro stripe w/ BDC

Sweater: no-name burgundy sweater vest (from JC Penney)

Jacket: HF blazer - blue/black diamond pattern (thrifted)

Pants: Banana Republic - micro houndstooth

Shoes: Daniel Cremieux - chili split toe bluchers

Comment

Alan, I care.

A pic is worth a thousand words.

Comment

Here ya go...

Comment

Alan, you've got a good daily uniform.

Comment

Thanks. I never really thought of myself as having a "uniform", but it sure seems to have turned into one. I'm not quite sure what I'm gonna do once it's too warm for these sweaters, but I guess I better figure that out soon. :-)

Comment

I've gotta go have a conversation on my lunch break with a guy about in inferior suit that was sold to me last year that is starting to fall apart. I figured I would dress up for the occassion and look all professional-like. (The suit I'm wearing today is not the one in question.)

Suit: Tommy Hilfiger trim fit - grey pinstripe

Shirt: Express - blue/white diagonal microstripe w/ spread collar

Tie: Jones New York - lavender paisley w/ blue undertones

Shoes: Poulsen, Skone, & Co wingtips

Comment

BACK IN ACTION! @Alan nice wheels man, those bad boys are CLASS!The rest of the guys are bringing the heat! The style is very nice.

Here are a couple from the last few days...I picked up a few pieces in the last couple of weeks, namely jackets and blazer, and accesories. i tried on the Target deconstr. Blazer everyone has been talking bout and i am a fan, picking up the blue on Saturday to add to the spring rotation.

a tad blurry, but you get the point.

Played with green yellow blue and red, i think i pulled off four color pretty well?

As always, the wheels!

Sweater: Thrifted (ll bean)

Shirt: Banana

Tie: thrifted no name but material is top notch

Pants: non name 100% wool(they are sooo warm)

Wheels: thrifted

second set:

Casual:

pardon the dude behind me taking a leak, lol...snapped the shot before he turned

Shirt: LEC

tie: Nordstrom Rack

clip: thrifted

Cords: Gap

wheels: Clarks DBs

Snapped before going to church

Shirt: HM

tie: Brooks Brothers

tie pin: thirfted (looked real vintagy, copped for 1.00)

TODAY:

Top Coat: INC Chesterfield (Thirfted like new)

Scarf: LEC

Sweater: old navy

shirt: jcrew

chinos: Gap

wheels: LL bean Rangers

accessory: bracelet got in Nigeria last month, took a trip with the wife

and for you viewing pleasure, used a groupon deal for a wekend getaway for the wife...

the inner photographer in me, using my IPhone

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                      I>0<I

Comment

Really nice, MaxMan!

Alan, you've got it going on. I would just be sure to get the edges of the tie to be tucked down instead of out. A nice dimple in the middle, but the edges should disappear to the back. I kept staring at those laces. I need to try tying mine like that!

Comment

Thanks Max and Nick! Yeah, this tie caused me a lot of issues this morning. I finally gave up on it. It's a good-looking tie IMO, but it doesn't play nice when trying to put it on. It's not super high quality, but it was about $10 so I try not to complain.

As for the laces, I have a couple pair laced up that way. It makes for a clean look. There is a trick to it, though. My best suggestion is to look it up online because it's hard to explain. There are multiple ways to do it, but mine are done like this:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/straighteuropeanlacing.htm

Several variations require an even number of eyelets so if you have an odd number, you may need to find an alternative method.

Comment

Btw, good stuff, Max. It inspires my to find some shirts that aren't solids or micro patterns. I play it too safe. :-P

Comment

Max, I feel bad for that poor guy taking a leak behind you.

Comment

lol, i know poor guy wears super baggy dress shirts that ballon at the waist, and pants about 2 sizes too big, i wish some people would say "help me, please"...but to each thier own, and thanks for the comments guys...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                                I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                                X