This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beau Hayhoe View Post
    Is that a green gingham shirt? Also, love that pocket square. And a knit tie, unless my eyes deceive me? Nice!
    Yup - the Gingham is the old wooster JCP line - and the knit tie is a cotton knit (weird!) from JCF. (PS is from the Tiebar)

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
      My x-post for the casual Friday challenge.

Jacket - Baracuta
      Tee - Club Monaco
      Jeans - Naked & Famous
      Shoes - Vans
      Watch - Tissot
      Sunglasses - Tom Ford
      I think this is an awesome casual outfit. That jacket is just eye-catching enough with the rest of the pieces dialed down, and that's a great, great watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        AMI - Some higher end brand I'd never heard of previously but happened to pick up at a steep discount during the last Mr.Porter sale.
        A good buy then, to be sure! And @Jake101, I will be on the lookout for a JCF tie if/when I get to one near me. And again, that PS from The Tie Bar -- I'm really liking it!

Comment

And @Jake101, I will be on the lookout for a JCF tie if/when I get to one near me.
          Not to be a stalker or anything, but there's a JCF at Great Lakes Crossing (Auburn Hills), and they had those cotton knit ties during their 40% (or was it 50%) off store-wide sale earlier this year. I grabbed both the black and the navy, but actually returned them a couple weeks later, as I ended up going with silk knits in the same hues and a couple more (Italian made from Jos A Bank at the same outlet mall - GLC - for 90% off, original MSRP of $100?!?!? - so yeah, $10 per tie... I can do that). I guess there's a time and a place for cotton knit ties, so maybe I should have kept them anyway, but for me the silk knits are amazing. I've worn nothing but them, as far as ties go, since.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
            but for me the silk knits are amazing.
            Agreed. I lucked up on a Corneliani maroon and grey silk knit at TJ Maxx last year ($40!). It's by and large my favorite tie.

Comment

I think this is an awesome casual outfit. That jacket is just eye-catching enough with the rest of the pieces dialed down, and that's a great, great watch.
              I like the look of that watch too.

Fauxshow - what's the model # on that watch?

Comment

Not to be a stalker or anything, but there's a JCF at Great Lakes Crossing (Auburn Hills), and they had those cotton knit ties during their 40% (or was it 50%) off store-wide sale earlier this year. I grabbed both the black and the navy, but actually returned them a couple weeks later, as I ended up going with silk knits in the same hues and a couple more (Italian made from Jos A Bank at the same outlet mall - GLC - for 90% off, original MSRP of $100?!?!? - so yeah, $10 per tie... I can do that). I guess there's a time and a place for cotton knit ties, so maybe I should have kept them anyway, but for me the silk knits are amazing. I've worn nothing but them, as far as ties go, since.
                Not to be an even bigger stalker or anything, but there's a JCF in Howell which is much closer to MSU (35 miles east down Grand River LOL), although unless he's got a car or a bike and a lot of determination, that ain't happening.

Although yoyo goes to GLC too? This is scary. I need to stay away from that place from now on (LOL yeah right I go there like once a week).

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                  Agreed. I lucked up on a Corneliani maroon and grey silk knit at TJ Maxx last year ($40!). It's by and large my favorite tie.
                  Yesterday I added Pantherella (or whatever) socks to my Marshalls/TJMaxx shopping list/radar, now this?!? Sounds like an awesome find, man. The only tie that I've found at either of those two places that I *really* like is a Brook Brothers wine/maroon/? one with light blue dots. I've bought (and worn) numerous Original Penguin ones from there too, but although I wore them almost exclusively for a couple years, I haven't really reached for them at all since getting into the silk knit game.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                    Nice watch, fauxshow. I know nothing about watches, but that's nice.
                    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    I like the look of that watch too.

Fauxshow - what's the model # on that watch?
                    Thanks guys. The model is # T068427A. (I think) It's the Tissot Carson automatic chronograph.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                      Not to be an even bigger stalker or anything, but there's a JCF in Howell which is much closer to MSU (35 miles east down Grand River LOL), although unless he's got a car or a bike and a lot of determination, that ain't happening.

Although yoyo goes to GLC too? This is scary. I need to stay away from that place from now on (LOL yeah right I go there like once a week).
                      Oh wow, I either wasn't aware of the Howell location, or just simply forgot about it. It's been a while since I've been out that way. I used to work in Milford, so I'm fairly familiar with that general area. Good call, Mikey!

Still GLC is much closer to where I live now. My fam and I go there from time to time. In fact we're thinking about going there tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for a kool kat in bright yellow pants. Or should I just check in *Express* first? (Kidding. Sorta.)

Comment

Piling on with the Tissot love: That thing is suh-weeeet, faux! It reminds me of one that Joe has posted about a few times (IIRC) on the main site. Might be a totally different animal, as I'm not at all up on their models, but regardless - yours and that one I'm recalling both look amazing. Clean. Classy. Cool.

Oh, and of course the 'Cuta jacket is killer. I only have a cheap clone of that same red one there that you're rockin' - $5 or so (can't recall) from the thrift shop. LOL, mine looks pretty decent, but it's not the real dealio at all. I really do want to add a *real* one to my wardrobe sometime. I'll probably go the navy(ish) route with it when I do - as I'm a sucker for blues.
                        Anyway, awesome look all around, faux. Gonna get ya some solid votes this week in the challenge, I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post

Yeah, I actually had no idea about the JCF up in Howell until earlier this summer, but somehow I've never managed to get up there. Now it's a must-do! (Thanks for the reminder, Mikey). And easily drivable with my car, thankfully

And @yoyo, those both sound like great, great deals regardless of the return -- jealous that you snagged those ties so cheap!! I'm also very partial to silk knit ties, adding to my collection slowly but surely.

I really need to get to GLC one of these days just to shop around and do some deal-hunting like that, that'd be a longer trip than just a quick jaunt down the road though. Putting it on the to-do list....

Comment

I really need to get to GLC one of these days just to shop around and do some deal-hunting like that, that'd be a longer trip than just a quick jaunt down the road though. Putting it on the to-do list....
                            Beware the food court and Jeepers. Crazzzzzzzzzy people like to congregate there. And yes, I'm one of them, whenever our kiddos are with us. Otherwise, great collection of outlet shops!

Comment

Piling on with the Tissot love: That thing is suh-weeeet, faux! It reminds me of one that Joe has posted about a few times (IIRC) on the main site. Might be a totally different animal, as I'm not at all up on their models, but regardless - yours and that one I'm recalling both look amazing. Clean. Classy. Cool.

Oh, and of course the 'Cuta jacket is killer. I only have a cheap clone of that same red one there that you're rockin' - $5 or so (can't recall) from the thrift shop. LOL, mine looks pretty decent, but it's not the real dealio at all. I really do want to add a *real* one to my wardrobe sometime. I'll probably go the navy(ish) route with it when I do - as I'm a sucker for blues.
                              Anyway, awesome look all around, faux. Gonna get ya some solid votes this week in the challenge, I bet.
                              Thanks for the great comments as always Robbo. Hoping not to lose by a landslide this week. :P

I'm not sure if the Tissot had been featured on the main site before. I was looking for a swiss made automatic and this one had the right look and price. If Joe had posted about it then it must mean that I made a good choice!

I'm still on the lookout for a navy G9, but I can never find one in a 36 slim. I like the red one but you're a bit limited in what can be worn with it.

I hope J. Crew will stock these again. I might even pay full price for one!
                              Last edited by fauxshow; August 22, 2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                                I'm not sure if the Tissot had been featured on the main site before. I was looking for a swiss made automatic and this one had the right look and price. If Joe had posted about it then it must mean that I made a good choice!
                                Ok, these kinda things rattle me all day long, until I go and look 'em up. Here we go:
                                http://dappered.com/2013/03/best-aut...s-spring-2013/

And the pic from that post:

Oh, and here's another one:
                                http://dappered.com/2012/03/the-post...aduation-gift/

Not sure which config is which, but I *thought* I'd seen that sweetness before.
                                Last edited by yoyorobbo; August 22, 2013, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X