Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross-post from this week's challenge thread. Go check out all of the entrants and please vote for your fave look! Here's mine, for your consideration:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...l=1#post126600

Jacket: JCF
    Shirt: BR
    Belt: LE (thrifted)
    Chinos: Dockers
    Socks: BR
    Shoes: Florsheim
    Watch: Skagen
    Scent: Lacoste

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      Go check out all of the entrants and please vote for your fave look! Here's mine, for your consideration:
      BTW, I just realized that my earlier text there kinda looks like I'm saying *my* look was my favorite. LOL! Not the case. In fact I just voted for fauxshow. Great looks abound this week, but his outfit won my selection this time. Good luck to all!

Comment

Cross-post from this week's challenge thread. Go check out all of the entrants and please vote for your fave look! Here's mine, for your consideration:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...l=1#post126600

Jacket: JCF
        Shirt: BR
        Belt: LE (thrifted)
        Chinos: Dockers
        Socks: BR
        Shoes: Florsheim
        Watch: Skagen
        Scent: Lacoste
        I really like this look -- love how the navy jacket anchors it, and red gingham is becoming one of my favorite shirts as of now. Really sharp-looking watch too!

Comment

Trying out my new shoes.

Comment

New bonobos pants. (The glen plaid is a teal accent)

Comment

Originally posted by gargao View Post
              Getting my boy into wearing blazers.

Awesome!

And I couldn't resist:

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                New bonobos pants. (The glen plaid is a teal accent)
                This is great. I like that tie more than I would have expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                  Thanks! I think the lighter one may be discontinued.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                    This! What brand is the tie??

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Hayhoe View Post
                      I really like this look -- love how the navy jacket anchors it, and red gingham is becoming one of my favorite shirts as of now. Really sharp-looking watch too!
                      Hey man, thanks! I was a little self-conscious the first time I wore this particular gingham, as I felt a little like a picnic tablecloth or something. I should add that I wore it without any jacket that first time, simply with some older, slightly-faded jeans. Not the best combo for it, in retrospect. A real dark denim works much better for the "grounding" effect you mention. And I'm glad to hear that you feel the navy jacket is doing just that in this particular getup too.

Anyway... thanks again for the comment, Beau! Sparty-on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
                        This! What brand is the tie??
                        I want to say that the tie is from The Tie Bar. Think I've seen it there before along with a matching PS.

@Jake101 - Is the tie material chambray?
                        Last edited by dackman; August 20, 2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Being a bum per usual. Seems like everyone here does collages now so I'll give it a try as well:

Originally posted by Beau Hayhoe View Post
                          Do you recall what brand your shirt was? Looks like the fit is spot-on.
                          I think it was A&F.

Comment

yup - my tie is the tie bar , and unless Chambray is a different material than actual cotton, yeah.

Comment

Here's my outfit from yesterday -- tie could be longer now that I look, and those pants sure could use an iron (photo taken at the end o' the day)...anyways, here goes:
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9560826185/

Shirt: Target Merona (actually fits quite well, doing some weird bunching thing there)
                              Tie: Express
                              Tie Bar by ...The Tie Bar
                              Belt: Florsheim
                              Pants: Levi's 511 twill
                              Loafers: Aston Grey

Comment

Hey man, thanks! I was a little self-conscious the first time I wore this particular gingham, as I felt a little like a picnic tablecloth or something. I should add that I wore it without any jacket that first time, simply with some older, slightly-faded jeans. Not the best combo for it, in retrospect. A real dark denim works much better for the "grounding" effect you mention. And I'm glad to hear that you feel the navy jacket is doing just that in this particular getup too.

Anyway... thanks again for the comment, Beau! Sparty-on!!!
                                You're welcome, no problem! Yeah, that style of shirt is great (I have a similar new one from Frank & Oak), and the navy jacket works very well in this instance.

Oh, and Sparty-on indeed!! Just about time for 'Welcome Week' to start, too...

Comment

Working...
                                X