This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renefjr View Post
    So I work in a very casual work environment. Most people wear fleece pullovers over t-shirts to polos and untucked button-downs. So about 4 months ago, I started "Neckwear Thursdays". Of course, I got alot of flack the first 2-3 weeks. But in the last month, a few people are following suit and/or making comments that they want to wear bowties. Anyway...WIWT:

Shirt: S. Oliver
    Pants: H&M Linen
    Bowtie: TB
    Socks: Goldtoe
    Shoes: AE Macallister

Looks good, but I'm more impressed about you changing the work culture. Well done!

Comment

So I work in a very casual work environment. Most people wear fleece pullovers over t-shirts to polos and untucked button-downs. So about 4 months ago, I started "Neckwear Thursdays". Of course, I got alot of flack the first 2-3 weeks. But in the last month, a few people are following suit and/or making comments that they want to wear bowties. Anyway...WIWT:

Shirt: S. Oliver
      Pants: H&M Linen
      Bowtie: TB
      Socks: Goldtoe
      Shoes: AE Macallister

Great look man! I work in the same environment and get a lot of crap for dressing nicely. I wear ties twice a week or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. Maybe I will try to start a neckwear or tie Tuesday/Thursday. Heck, maybe it can become a dappered day of the week. Even if your job doesn't call for a tie, everyone where one on Tuesday or Thursday (which ever day is chosen). If you already wear a tie...well then, you're a hipster. You wore them on Tuesdays before it was cool.

Comment

So I work in a very casual work environment. Most people wear fleece pullovers over t-shirts to polos and untucked button-downs. So about 4 months ago, I started "Neckwear Thursdays". Of course, I got alot of flack the first 2-3 weeks. But in the last month, a few people are following suit and/or making comments that they want to wear bowties.
        Same boat here. My office is fairly casual, mostly polo's, chino's, and dress slacks, and no jeans except for Fridays. When I moved into the office a few years ago I got some flack for wearing ties, most notably someone actually told me that I was making all the other guy's look bad (and this wasn't meant as a compliment to me, this was more along the lines of "stop rocking the boat"). Oh well, to each his own. Now I'm just the "dressed-up guy."

Comment

Nice look with the bowtie. It's not something I could pull off myself. I especially like how the socks tie everything together.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
            Been waking up too late to have time to take a picture lately. But took one today for the Friday contest.

Jacket: J.Crew
            Shirt: Thomas Mason for J.Crew
            Chinos: J.Crew
            Belt: OG Penguin
            Tie: The Knottery
            PS: Tie Bar
            Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo
            Like the look of those double-monks! I'm thinking about maybe making the move to a single-monk, potentially soon.... maybe. We'll see if the budget allows!

Also, @andrewlcraft, I like those two casual looks you posted earlier, good idea about changing up the texture/style of the belt with the tucked-in shirt.

And @Pitt_10, that's some nice visual contrast with the patterns on those ties, diggin' the Jack Spade one particularly! Just picked up a skull-and-crossbones number from J. Crew that will hopefully get some wear shortly.

Comment

Also, @renejfr, meant to mention earlier (lot of posts to get to!) that I love the bow-tie in a non-traditional color, and the vibrant shades of those socks, too. Good stuff!

And here's my outfit yesterday:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9518861856/

Denim jacket: American Apparel (outerwear)
              Shirt: Express Extra Slim Fit, rolled-up sleeves
              Cotton Tie: F + O (w/Alfani Red tie bar, can't really see it)
              Chinos: Hawkings McGill
              Shoes: Calvin Klein

Comment

Cross post from the gingham week:

gingham shirt thrifted
                514s
                Odin x Target Jacket

Comment

Haha very dapper little fellow

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                    Looks good, but I'm more impressed about you changing the work culture. Well done!
                    Originally posted by JHEyerman View Post
                    Great look man! I work in the same environment and get a lot of crap for dressing nicely. I wear ties twice a week or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. Maybe I will try to start a neckwear or tie Tuesday/Thursday. Heck, maybe it can become a dappered day of the week. Even if your job doesn't call for a tie, everyone where one on Tuesday or Thursday (which ever day is chosen). If you already wear a tie...well then, you're a hipster. You wore them on Tuesdays before it was cool.
                    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    Nice look with the bowtie. It's not something I could pull off myself. I especially like how the socks tie everything together.
                    Vicious...I think anyone can pull off the bowtie. I think confidence is all that's required.

Originally posted by Beau Hayhoe View Post
                    Also, @renejfr, meant to mention earlier (lot of posts to get to!) that I love the bow-tie in a non-traditional color, and the vibrant shades of those socks, too. Good stuff!
                    Thank you all!

Comment

Making a conscious effort to advance past lurker status. Casual Friday in the office today:

Jacket: BR
                      Shirt: JCF Oxford
                      Pants: GAP Slim Selvedge
                      Shoes: Clarks DB
                      Watch: Timex on C&B Leather Nato

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                        Been waking up too late to have time to take a picture lately. But took one today for the Friday contest.

Jacket: J.Crew
                        Shirt: Thomas Mason for J.Crew
                        Chinos: J.Crew
                        Belt: OG Penguin
                        Tie: The Knottery
                        PS: Tie Bar
                        Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo
                        Digging everything about this look. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitt_10 View Post
                          Nice combo dackman! Looks good man
                          Thanks you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                            Making a conscious effort to advance past lurker status. Casual Friday in the office today:

Jacket: BR
                            Shirt: JCF Oxford
                            Pants: GAP Slim Selvedge
                            Shoes: Clarks DB
                            Watch: Timex on C&B Leather Nato
                            That's an awesome business casual combo, love the jeans and desert boots together, especially cuffed! And a nice-looking watch strap too.

Comment

Originally posted by Acousticfoodie View Post
                              Cross post from the gingham week:

gingham shirt thrifted
                              514s
                              Odin x Target Jacket
                              Do you recall what brand your shirt was? Looks like the fit is spot-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Hayhoe View Post
                                That's an awesome business casual combo, love the jeans and desert boots together, especially cuffed! And a nice-looking watch strap too.
                                Thank you sir. Don't have much of an option on the jean cuffing, these are the newer models of the GAP selvedge, and the inseam is measured to the bottom of the cuff. A little too much bunching around the ankles when worn uncuffed. Debating on whether or not to take them to my next trip to the tailor...

Comment

Working...
                                X