This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    If it makes you feel better, my Pokemon enthusiasm is limited to having played Pokemon Blue on GameBoy, circa 1998. Holla at your Bulbasaur.
    Same here haha. This thread got amazingly funny, very fast. I was a DBZ fan uhum...Foodie, welcome back!

Comment

Originally posted by renefjr View Post
      Considerably cooler weather today. Only in the mid 70's...perfect!

Shirt: JCF
      Pants: Levis 514
      Tie: TB
      Tiebar: TB
      Shoes: AE Ridgeway
      Is that one of the new JCF dress shirts in their fall line? I have the same pattern in the washed version, don't know if I can justify buying the exact same pattern in the dress version. Looks great though.

Comment

Oh lord, all this Pokemon talk makes me feel old. Anydamnway...

Did someone say "patterny?" Yeah, it's a little aggressive on the patterns, but I'm ok with it. Happy to field disagreements:

Jacket: JCF
        Shirt: Bonobos
        Pants: JCP
        Shoes: AE
        Tie: The Knottery
        Tie bar: TheTie Bar
        PS: Lands End Canvas
        Socks: JCF
        Briefcase: Saddleback

And welcome back, Acousticfoodie! Hope the travels were fun/interesting, even if not lucrative.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
          Oh lord, all this Pokemon talk makes me feel old. Anydamnway...

Did someone say "patterny?" Yeah, it's a little aggressive on the patterns, but I'm ok with it. Happy to field disagreements:

Jacket: JCF
          Shirt: Bonobos
          Pants: JCP
          Shoes: AE
          Tie: The Knottery
          Tie bar: TheTie Bar
          PS: Lands End Canvas
          Socks: JCF
          Briefcase: Saddleback

And welcome back, Acousticfoodie! Hope the travels were fun/interesting, even if not lucrative.
          I like. and patterny it's not.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
            Is that one of the new JCF dress shirts in their fall line? I have the same pattern in the washed version, don't know if I can justify buying the exact same pattern in the dress version. Looks great though.
            Yes, sir, it is. One of my favorites!

Comment

Yesterday I decided to wear a left over black/white/green challenge getup that I tested. Getting near the end of GTH pants season, wanted to give 'em a go.

Shirt: Merona Tailored Fit OCBD
              Tie: JC
              Pants: JC
              Shoes: ProKeds Royal Lo

And welcome back Foodie. I have been trying to occasionally hold down the fort on the "bumming" side of things, with very little success. I will gladly pass the torch back.
              Last edited by MarkB; August 9, 2013, 11:31 AM.
              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

would you happen to know how the thompson shirts compare to the old haberdashery ones? Same fit or are they slimmer? Ive had my eye on the same exact shirt since it came out

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                  Yesterday I decided to wear a left over black/white/green challenge getup that I tested. Getting near the end of GTH pants season, wanted to give 'em a go.
                  Now those are unquestionably greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! Why'd you hold back with those during the challenge, Mark? Did you feel they were too green? I think they're probably too green for my own personal taste, but they look good on you in that getup man. Nice job.

Comment

Here's WI(would)WT, if I were going to an outdoor Summer evening concert with my lady. It's from this week's challenge, posted by Mr. Furious Styles, over here:

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...vening-Concert!

Please go check out the weekly challenge(s), and VOTE! (well, when the polls open on Saturday, that is)

Sport coat: BOSS
                    Shirt: Converse One-Star
                    Lapel flower pin: ? (came with the SC)
                    Belt: BR (thrifted)
                    Pants: BR
                    Shoes: BR
                    Watch: Orient
                    Shades: BR
                    Scent: OFF! (Furious put me up to this one. LOL - If I were to put myself in danger of mosquito bites, I'd probably choose my fave fragrance: Aventus - my wife LOVES it!)

Comment

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/10/atydajyn.jpg

WIWT casual Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        Now those are unquestionably greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! Why'd you hold back with those during the challenge, Mark? Did you feel they were too green? I think they're probably too green for my own personal taste, but they look good on you in that getup man. Nice job.
                        Thanks for the kind words. I came across these pants on the sale rack at JC for $20 and it was 40% off sale items, plus my student discount. I think I paid $10 for them, definitely worth taking a shot on them IMO.

Re: why not(?), the shoes aren't "white." They're "natural" linen and I didn't want any questions regarding shades of white. Ironically though, as you know, there were questions raised anyway. I did think that they would not appeal to as broad an audience as the other outfit (were are tryin to garner votes, after all), but apparently I was wrong because because Mikey cleaned up with his mint green pants. I ended up finding a black casual jacket after the challenge that, had I found it earlier, I would have worn with this outfit and submitted.
                        Last edited by MarkB; August 9, 2013, 04:08 PM.
                        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

This seems like it's going to be my new dress code

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                            This seems like it's going to be my new dress code
                            Does that mean you got the gig?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                              Does that mean you got the gig?
                              Yup! Got a nice scotch to celebrate. The pay is crap, but it's a good career opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                                Yup! Got a nice scotch to celebrate. The pay is crap, but it's a good career opportunity
                                That's awesome!!! Congrats man'

Comment

Working...
                                X