This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    I think it works. I especiallity like the purple and brown color combo. It's not one that comes to mind usually, but it looks good.
    Thanks! I"be been experimenting with some color combos, as I'm working on a couple of tie designs and my head is whirring with different colors. Ill have some (copyrighted) designs posted some time in the future for feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      business mullet today!
      I like the purple and brown combo! Not sold on the dots on gingham yet - maybe a bit too pattern-y for me. Personally, I would have opted for a solid purple tie (shiny silk or knit). Maybe even find a white PS with a purple edge? Either way, good choices.

What brand shoes are those? They look like Cole Haans.

Comment

Originally posted by mcadamsandwich View Post
        I l.

What brand shoes are those? They look like Cole Haans.
        The horror! They're Allen Edmond mctavishs

Comment

A wild Acousticfoodie appears! Been busy the past two months...the forum had changed so much! The weekly contest looks like a great new idea as well.

Bonobos Pants
          BR shirt
          Merona Tie
          F21 shawl cardigan
          AE Kenilworths

Comment

Acoustic, welcome back! How was the book tour?

Comment

The horror! They're Allen Edmond mctavishs
              LOL - Oh, the humanityyyy...!

I was gonna say Stafford Ashtons; so there's that. Obviously you have a much nicer shoe there, Jake, but I think that says a pretty nice thing for the Staffords too.

OK, true story: I was in an Omega watch shop at a high(er)-end local mall. I was holding an AE bag, as I had just come from there down the hall in the same mall, simply buying some shoe care supplies (no big shoe purchase, in other words). The Omega SA dude asked me which model of AEs I was wearing, as he ONLY wore AEs, and because he liked the look of mine SO much. They were Stafford Ashtons.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                Acoustic, welcome back! How was the book tour?
                Haha thanks for keeping everybody up on my MIA status Brushetta! Sadly my second career as author didn't pan out!

Comment

Welcome back, Foodie! Now hold still a moment while I dig for my Master Pokeball....

Hilfiger shirt, thrifted vest, thrifted tie, JCF pants, Hamilton watch, AE for BB shoes.
                  Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Welcome back, Foodie! Now hold still a moment while I dig for my Master Pokeball....

Hilfiger shirt, thrifted vest, thrifted tie, JCF pants, Hamilton watch, AE for BB shoes.
                    2 points for the Pokemon reference and 839163826.2 points for the outfit. Digging that vest.

Comment

Originally posted by JHEyerman View Post
                      2 points for the Pokemon reference and 839163826.2 points for the outfit. Digging that vest.
                      Damn, that's a lot of points. Is here a correlation between Pokemon enthusiasts and style? Because I'll go RIGHT back to cargo shorts and tees.

Comment

Damn, that's a lot of points. Is here a correlation between Pokemon enthusiasts and style?
                        Could be..."Gotta catch em all" seems to apply to some of our members here in regards to their shoe collection!

Comment

If it makes you feel better, my Pokemon enthusiasm is limited to having played Pokemon Blue on GameBoy, circa 1998. Holla at your Bulbasaur.
                          Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            If it makes you feel better, my Pokemon enthusiasm is limited to having played Pokemon Blue on GameBoy, circa 1998. Holla at your Bulbasaur.
                            What do you call a bulbasaur who goes into the oiled cloth clothing business?

A Barboursaur.

Ok I'll show myself out...

Comment

Damn, that's a lot of points. Is here a correlation between Pokemon enthusiasts and style? Because I'll go RIGHT back to cargo shorts and tees.
                              I'm just glad I needed to google it. Silly kids.

OK, gotta run. Rolling up my half-elven fighter/magic-user/thief. Now where'd I leave my PHB?

Comment

Oh dear. Anyway, welcome back acousticfoodie

Comment

Working...
                                X