This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renefjr View Post
    Another warm day today...hopefully it starts to cool down soon. I may have made a mistake wearing suede loafers since thunderstorms are expected this afternoon.

Shirt: S. Oliver
    Pants: H&M (linen)
    Belt: BR
    Shoes: Tods
    Really dig the pants, nice and slim-looking, and I'm definitely more of a fan of the loafers than I thought I would be. Were the pants at a good price point?

Also, here's my outfit from yesterday (haven't gotten around to today's yet...)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9449276751/

Shirt: Express 1MX (Extra Slim Fit -- haven't found a better fit nearly anywhere)
    Tie & Tie bar: BR & The Tie Bar
    Chinos: Hawkings McGill
    Belt: Florsheim
    Loafers: Aston Grey
    Watch: Fossil

Comment

Originally posted by Beau Hayhoe View Post
      Really dig the pants, nice and slim-looking, and I'm definitely more of a fan of the loafers than I thought I would be. Were the pants at a good price point?

Thanks, Beau! I bought these navy blue ones for €30. A few weeks later I saw 2 other colors for €15/pair and snatched them up too...a cream pair and a gray pair.

Comment

Thanks, Beau! I bought these navy blue ones for €30. A few weeks later I saw 2 other colors for €15/pair and snatched them up too...a cream pair and a gray pair.
        Very nice, great prices even based on the U.S. exchange rate! Haha!

Comment

Another warm day today...hopefully it starts to cool down soon. I may have made a mistake wearing suede loafers since thunderstorms are expected this afternoon.

Shirt: S. Oliver
          Pants: H&M (linen)
          Belt: BR
          Shoes: Tods
          Really nice colour combinations.
          Check out my style and fitness website at: http://www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

It's been a little while (been a rough summer...), but here's me today:

Jacket: BR
            Shirt: Calibrate
            Tie: Boss
            Pants: JCF
            Shoes: AE
            Tie bar: The Tie Bar
            Pocket Square: JCF
            Watch: Timex/Form Function Form strap

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
              It's been a little while (been a rough summer...), but here's me today:

Jacket: BR
              Shirt: Calibrate
              Tie: Boss
              Pants: JCF
              Shoes: AE
              Tie bar: The Tie Bar
              Pocket Square: JCF
              Watch: Timex/Form Function Form strap
              Sorry to hear summer hasn't been up to par, but that looks damn good. I know the feeling myself, going through a bit of a wardrobe upheaval, hope my WIWTs come out the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli Dion View Post
                Really nice colour combinations.
                Thanks, Eli!

Comment

Considerably cooler weather today. Only in the mid 70's...perfect!

Shirt: JCF
                  Pants: Levis 514
                  Tie: TB
                  Tiebar: TB
                  Shoes: AE Ridgeway

Comment

I like the shirt, jeans, and tie. Not liking the pink tie bar or the bright laces though.

Comment

renefjr, I think that the shirt works on its own, but when combined with the tie, pink tie bar, and goofy shoes it becomes a bit too Ringling Brothers for my taste.

Shomas, Looking good as always.

Jake101, I dig the smile.

Comment

I'm digging the whole thing renefjr, except the tie bar. Not even sure it's about the specific color as much as it is about the fact that a painted tie bar in general looks kinda chintzy to me. Reminds me of the barrettes my sister wore in the 70s. The shirt is great, paired with tie, jeans shoes. MWAH!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                          renefjr, I think that the shirt works on its own, but when combined with the tie, pink tie bar, and goofy shoes it becomes a bit too Ringling Brothers for my taste.
                          Appreciate the critique, Bruschetta! I agree that the shoes are not for everyone. When shopping for my first pair of AE's these black/red Ridgeways were the first to catch my eye. They are definitely a novelty shoe in my rotation as they aren't as versatile as I thought they would be. Interestingly, I always receive compliments everytime I step out in them.

Comment

Originally posted by mattface View Post
                            I'm digging the whole thing renefjr, except the tie bar. Not even sure it's about the specific color as much as it is about the fact that a painted tie bar in general looks kinda chintzy to me. Reminds me of the barrettes my sister wore in the 70s. The shirt is great, paired with tie, jeans shoes. MWAH!
                            Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            I like the shirt, jeans, and tie. Not liking the pink tie bar or the bright laces though.
                            Thanks for the comments, guys! These WIWT posts and comments definitely help in honing down my style choices. Note to self: lose the tie bar.

Comment

business mullet today!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                                business mullet today!
                                I think it works. I especiallity like the purple and brown color combo. It's not one that comes to mind usually, but it looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X