Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@YoyorobboYeah the meronas. But totally not the point! I'm killin that suit! Eh? Ha

Comment

I meant to cross-post this last week, from this past week's weekly challenge thread. I. For. Got.
      http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...he-Blues*-quot

Anyway, sorta a reminder (Vicious and a couple other dudes, IIRC, cross-post as such - good deal!) to folks who might not know about the challenges: New one will be posted soon, so check 'em out, yo! And... VOTE!... uhm, yo! (not meant as a subliminal nudge to vote "yo!" as in "yoyorobbo" - but ya'know... whatevs)

Suit: BR
      Shirt: Calibrate
      Pocket square: Nicole Miller
      Belt: BR
      Socks: Gold Toe Auro
      Shoes: TBNY
      Watch: Orient
      Scent: D&G

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
        @YoyorobboYeah the meronas. But totally not the point! I'm killin that suit! Eh? Ha
        Hahaha! Yeah, man... the sneaks should not have been my focus point, but they have been on my mind for a little while, so when I saw them in your pic... buh-bam!

I'm not sure I'd wear them with that suit, but of course it is a very popular look in some circles. So go on with yo badself! OK, that sounds ridiculous, even in print.

Is it the Claiborne khaki?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
          Claiborne Khaki suit?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

Is it the Claiborne khaki?
            I see I'm not the only one who thought that! I think I can tell by the shoulders, I think I've tried the Claiborne jacket on six different times trying to justify the purchase!

Comment

Doooode... killed it. I bet some of your classmates are still talking about how smooth you looked. No, really. Sometimes people wear the craziest (meaning slouchiest/schlubiest) stuff to reunions. I've had a few of them ('86), and I've seen it all. Ya did good, kid!

* EDIT: And yes, your young lady-friend there killed it too. I feel ya on the "focus" thing, as I'm just about to upload my first "better-half included" WIWT pic. You guys are sick of seeing just me, I'm sure. LOL
              Thanks! I caught so much flack from my girlfriend for the picture with her. We were at my friend's women's boutique when this pic was taken. She specifically picked out the dress because the blue birds matched my outfit.

Also, no one at the reunion wore a tie. Some blazers, and a few wore them well, but mostly because I think they were in good shape. Many of the women were dressed impeccably.

Comment

Same suit - different day (hey, it's the best one I own - LOL), totally relegated to the back of the class by my beautiful wife in a stunning dress. (keeping the anonymity goin' for my nads' sake)

We attended a close friend's wedding this past weekend. It was a Chaldean wedding, if that means anything to any of you. What it means to this pic/post is that based on *our* experience attending them in the past (my wife is Lebanese/Italian, so we have a little experience in various culturally-strong events), the ladies get *reeeeaaaaally* dressed-up. Now look, it's not totally across the board - and I shouldn't paint with such a wide brushstroke - and I certainly don't mean any disrespect at all to anyone - but.... you're generally best to dress to-the-nines (as it were), to avoid any feelings of "oh crap... I'm way under dressed!"

OK, enough of the dress-disclaimer. I just though I should explain a tad, as if this were just a typical semi-formal night-out/event/wedding, then you might think it was a little over the top.

Regarding my look - that is, if you even noticed me there... (see, evil-e? I told ya I got ya there man) here are some (suckily-lit - sorry) pics and some deets:

Shirt: Express
                Tie: Jos. A. Bank
                Belt: PE
                Socks: JCF
                Shoes: AE
                Watch: Bulova
                Scent: Creed

The wedding was just incredible, everything and everyone looked amazing, and we had a BLAST!

Comment

I meant to cross-post this last week, from this past week's weekly challenge thread. I. For. Got.
                  http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...he-Blues*-quot

Anyway, sorta a reminder (Vicious and a couple other dudes, IIRC, cross-post as such - good deal!) to folks who might not know about the challenges: New one will be posted soon, so check 'em out, yo! And... VOTE!... uhm, yo! (not meant as a subliminal nudge to vote "yo!" as in "yoyorobbo" - but ya'know... whatevs)

Shirt: Calibrate
                  Belt: BR
                  Socks: Gold Toe Auro
                  Shoes: TBNY
                  Watch: Orient
                  Scent: D&G

Love the watch. It really compliments the rest of your outfit.
                  Check out my style and fitness website at: http://www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Pretty overcast today, hence the un-summer vibe. Don't mind the date on the watch, I didn't like the way it cropped and I happened to have an old pic of the watching was wearing today.

Shirt: Old Navy
                    Pants: Gap selvedge (not really the jeans cuffing type but the 30s are actually 32, so don't really have a choice)
                    Shoes: Clark's
                    Watch: Citizen
                    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

yup claiborne it is

Comment

Hey fellas,

Long-time reader (lurker?) of Threads and the site, first-time poster. Michigan-based college student now doing a biz casual corporate summer internship, so here goes! (The pic is post-work from last week, excuse the wrinkles!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/9401730479/

Blazer and shirt: J. Crew
                        Pants: Levi's 511 twill
                        Shoes: Steve Madden (Birthday gift)
                        Cotton Tie: F + O
                        Tie Bar: The Tie Bar
                        Glasses: Burberry (Also a birthday gift!)
                        Last edited by Beau Hayhoe; July 30, 2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli Dion View Post
                          Love the watch. It really compliments the rest of your outfit.
                          Hey thanks, man! It's my favorite timepiece, *presently*. I like that it's unique, at least to me... I know not a single person (in RL - LOL) who owns *any* Orient, let alone this one. Was turned onto the company by the fine folks here in the threads, and of course Joe on the main site. I remember his post on this particular watch in fact, and as soon as I saw the great deal on it, I jumped! Again, thanks very much for the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                            Pretty overcast today, hence the un-summer vibe. Don't mind the date on the watch, I didn't like the way it cropped and I happened to have an old pic of the watching was wearing today.

Shirt: Old Navy
                            Pants: Gap selvedge (not really the jeans cuffing type but the 30s are actually 32, so don't really have a choice)
                            Shoes: Clark's
                            Watch: Citizen
                            I feel ya... well *some* days around this neck of the woods (MI), at least I do. It can't make up it's mind around here, but yeah we'll go from nearly-unbearable heat - too hot to stand barefoot on the patio/pavers for very long in one spot - to cold, rainy, blah the next.

I'm getting a real "grey" vibe from your look there, and that sounds about howyou felt with the "un-Summer" overcast deal there. Great look, though. Pretty solid classic getup. And ya gotta cuff those jeans, man... they're selvage/selvedge/whatever... "It's a moral imperative!"

Comment

Took my son fishing today for the first time

http://i.imgur.com/VdIAad7.jpg

Merona polo
                              Arizona jeans (those cheap selvedge)
                              Chippewa boots

Comment

Originally posted by dardyle View Post
                                Took my son fishing today for the first time

Merona polo
                                Arizona jeans (those cheap selvedge)
                                Chippewa boots
                                What a great experience, eh? Something you'll never forget, bud. Way to be a cool Dad, dardyle. Nice!

And selvedge jeans with Chippewas out fishing?!?!?... Extra credit!

Comment

Working...
                                X