This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
    I've got silk knits from both the Knottery and Tie Bar. The former's knits definitely feel more substantial and textured, which makes them look better in an outfit, IMO. TTB's knits feel a bit smoother and more lightweight, making them seem a bit more casual to me. For instance, I've got a skinny (2", I think) knit from TTB that I'll wear sans-jacket, but I wouldn't wear any of my Knottery knits w/o a jacket.

I've also got a silk twill from TTB and I really don't like the way it ties a knot. The pattern/color is good (navy with pink stripes), so I wear it often, but it ties an awful knot. It's too...stiff maybe?

All in all, the Knottery's ties are a certain step or two above TTB's in quality, though they're double the price at full retail.
    I'm a fan of TTB at that price point (which is the key issue) for the knit ties and non-silk standard ties. I have a silk knit from them and think the quality is pretty solid for the price. That being said, I haven't ordered from them in awhile, not sure if the quality has gone down with their increasing popularity. Unlike BJM, mine ties a great knot I think and is very pliable.

Another you might consider is Nordstrom's 1901 line of knit ties. They are very nice for about the $30 (or less) price point.
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
      Unlike BJM, mine ties a great knot I think and is very pliable.
      Are you talking about knits? If so, they do tie decent knots and are pliable. I was talking about the silk twill.

Comment

Got my Ludlow fine striped cotton suit from the sale last week. I think the sleeves need to be shorted about 0.5" but otherwise I'm quite happy with the fit.

Comment

Hey guys! This is old, from the 4th. Been away a while no nitpicking, I've been out of the game for a bit!

Comment

Same pic I used for this weeks challenge contest. I really need to get myself a tie bar.

Last edited by Vicious49; July 17, 2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Here's WIWY(esterday), for my entry into this week's challenge: "Stripes!"

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...l=1#post123696

Jacket: Grind by CoffeeShop
              Shirt: ON
              Belt: BR
              Pants: BR
              Socks: Merona
              Shoes: BR
              Watch: Rotary
              Bracelets: H&M
              Scent: JPG

(Sneakily posting only the link and some deets, but not the actual pics here; hoping that it drives up some visits to that thread too. MUUUHHAHHAHHAHHAHAAA...!!! - If it doesn't, well... that blows.)

Comment

Hello everyone...long time listener, first time caller. I'm enjoying seeing everyone's sense of style and taking some of what I see to develop mine.

Figured I'd post my first post in the WIWT thread. So here you go:

Shirt: S. Oliver
                Pants: Dockers Alpha
                Bowtie: thetiebar.com
                Watch: Seiko
                Shoes: AE Strandmok
                Socks: Primark

Comment

renefjr - great shirt/tie combo!

I usually pair patterned shirts with knit ties, especially if I'm wearing a solid jacket/suit. However, I decided to go all solid today. Also, I usually go for a shirt with some shade of blue in it when wearing a khaki jacket, but went with white today. I'm pleased with the way it all turned out.

Suit: JCF
                  Shirt: NM (not the perfect fit, but I love the soft spread collar and herringbone texture)
                  Tie: the Knottery (really loving the navy-khaki combo; can't believe it took me this long to get a navy knit)
                  Shoes: AE/RL Singleton

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                    renefjr - great shirt/tie combo!

I usually pair patterned shirts with knit ties, especially if I'm wearing a solid jacket/suit. However, I decided to go all solid today. Also, I usually go for a shirt with some shade of blue in it when wearing a khaki jacket, but went with white today. I'm pleased with the way it all turned out.

Suit: JCF
                    Shirt: NM (not the perfect fit, but I love the soft spread collar and herringbone texture)
                    Tie: the Knottery (really loving the navy-khaki combo; can't believe it took me this long to get a navy knit)
                    Shoes: AE/RL Singleton
                    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

98 today!

Comment

Hey bruschetta (I mean, *Jake* - just riffin' on a fumble on my part earlier in the cocktail thread), what polo is that, man? Looks cool. I'm usually not a horizontal stripes guy (mainly because it seems to emphasize my mid - which is not a good thing to emphasize), but that one looks pretty slick.

Comment

Sigtweed, I love everything about that outfit. The pocket square is so money!

Comment

I went super casual today and did just a plain white tee.

shirt - everlane
                            shorts - BR
                            shoes - jack purcells

Comment

Vicious, if that shirt was slimmer then I would say that's a really nice outfit. The Orient (Mako?) really looks good on that nato strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                                98 today!
                                Love the fit of the polo Jake. I think you could pull off a pair of shorts with a slightly higher inseam really well.
                                Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Working...
                                X