Clear All

Casual Day Today

Shirt: Brushetta chambray shirt

Cardigan: BR olive

Pants: Vintage Fit BR corduroy

Thrifted Tie

Allen Edmonds Strands

Comment

@Acoustic: casual day = $300+ shoes? ;-)

(Yeah, I'm a little jealous...)

Comment

@ Alan - STOP, THIEF! Stealin' my style... mumble grumble.... ;-)

Shirt: LEC

Sweater: BR

Tie: Thrifted

Jacket: H&M

Jeans: Levi's 514

Shoes (not shown): Johnston & Murphy Brennan suede wingtips

Watch: Timex

Bracelets: Thrifted

Ben

Comment

LOL Well, Ben... Looks like you're jocking mine today so we're even. (We'll ignore the fact that you pull it off better than I do.)

I already have my outfit set out for Saturday. It would usually be my casual Friday outfit, but I have to do a charity thing and suit up tomorrow so I'm saving it for Saturday. It includes:

brown sportcoat

navy sweater vest

blue/white stripe shirt

jeans

blue tie (though probably red, now)

Sound familiar? Thanks for testing out for me, though.

Comment

@JC nice suede loafers. I was walking around in the fashion district in NYC today and was amazed how many guys were wearing suede shoes on a gross/rainy day. Am I missing something? Do they not care if the suede gets damaged or have I been using really bad waterproofer on the suede shoes I had that got caught in a moderate rain?

Also, unrelated, but stopped by Uniqlo for the first time today and the store blew me away. I didn't really do any shopping but the place was HUGE. Did try on their tazmanian blend suit coat and not sure how I felt about it. Nice contour at the sides, but something didn't sit right at the shoulders. I think I saw some marked down to 20 while others were at $60. I would've picked up one for $20 but was going to an interview (nailed it) and didn't want to carry a shopping bag in with me haha.

Not sure if the tag was mislabeled or if maybe its last season's model that is marked down, but will investigate more next week.

Comment

@ JC you are are cruel man my friend. Why must you post pictures of the shoes that started my wanting to get some suede loafers!!! You wear them with flare!

Comment

A rehash of a few days ago.

Jacket: Dark Gray Uniqlo tasmanian wool.

Shirt: Neiman Marcus Purple check dress shirt lastcall.com

Pocket square: white with charcoal border from thetiebar.com

Shoes: Cole Haan air colton wingtip.

Watch: Android Men's Impetus Black Watch.

Comment

Playing catch-up. Here's yesterday's pic. I had to wear a suit for a volunteer charity thing at the local children's hospital. Kind of casual with the sweater, but I felt better when most of the other guys from my MBA program were wearing beat-up black bicycle toe shoes. And it happened to be pretty cold in there so it worked out in my favor. (The REAL reason I wore the sweater is because the suit's too big for me, and I was trying to fill it out more.) Anyways...

Shirt: Lands End - white pinpoint

Tie: Geoffrey Beene - red paisley

Sweater: Lands End- v-neck sweater vest

Suit: Daniel Cremieux - navy

Shoes: Daniel Cremieux - chili split toe

Comment

Today...

Kind of dressed up for a Saturday morning class, but this is what I would have worn yesterday if not for the afore-mentioned charity thing. I had it set out so I was damn sure gonna wear it...

Shirt: English Laundry - sky blue w/ white stripes

Tie: Tommy Hilfiger (inherited)

Sweater: Lands End - navy v-neck

Jacket: no-name sport coat - herringbone (thrifted)

Jeans: Banana Republic

Shoes: Born Nathaniels - rainy day beater shoes

Pocket square: Merona hankie

Watch: Fossil Walter

The last time this jacket made an appearance in WIWT was the first time I ever posted in this thread. I fits better than the pic seems to show.

Comment

I love the patch pockets!

Comment

@Alan Like the SC almost especially because it is a no name. Some of my best thrift finds have been no names that fit me perfectly. It seems like all of the designer stuff I find is boxy (maybe because the original owner was more conservative or just a bigger guy in the waist from eating all those steaks while I'm on a little more than meager ramen haha).

I came across a Burberrys (older model for sure) DB purple/navy SC and I thought about it but ehh. Not sure what the flipability of it would be either. Instead I spent the $10 on tweed from Richmond. Works for me haha

Comment

Casual Saturday for me. Just sat out in the sun for a while, thinking about how nice and warm it felt... came inside, checked the weather - 34┬░.

Henley: Eddie Bauer

Polo: Old Navy

Chinos: LEC

Sneakers: Polo RL, thrifted (with leather laces from Target)

Watch: Seiko Black Monster

Bracelet: Thrifted

Ben

Comment

@BenR Like the look... Especially like the photo. Looks like one of Joe's dappered post headers

Comment

I bet Joe posts on Threads under the name BenR.

Comment

Here's what I wore yesterday, pretty casual but I felt like wearing a some blue:

Shirt: Old Navy

Cardigan: LEC

Pants: Bonobos Chinos...realized they were sagging slightly after the picture

Shoes: Beeswax DBs

Watch: TImex Weekender (Not seen)

Comment

Working...
                                X