Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJ - I think a plain polo might look better. That think stripe throws everything off.

Pants, shirt, and shoes are all BR. I'm sure someone will say I should have gone sockless or no-show socks but I had to head on-site today so didn't want to look I was just rolling in from the beach. The pants are actually a light brown/khaki color with white thread weaved in there. The color doesn't show up well in photographs.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      BJ, I tend to agree. There's something off there; maybe the white horizontal stripe/band. I bet it would look much better if the polo were solid navy. Maybe. Maybe not.

On the positive, everything fits nails! Per usual.
      Agree. I think a blazer and slacks, though, would work, and then, I'd also un-tuck the shirt as long as the tail is not long.

There's just too great a formality difference between a suit and a polo.

Comment

Vicious, dont think you need to go sockless, but black socks?

Comment

Originally posted by zmac View Post
          I think a pair of some sort of blue socks would tie the outfit together nicely. The black just doesn't seem to mesh with the colour scheme that is going on.
          Check out my style and fitness website at: http://www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            BJ - I think a plain polo might look better. That think stripe throws everything off.

Pants, shirt, and shoes are all BR. I'm sure someone will say I should have gone sockless or no-show socks but I had to head on-site today so didn't want to look I was just rolling in from the beach. The pants are actually a light brown/khaki color with white thread weaved in there. The color doesn't show up well in photographs.

I tend to agree with sockless/no show.
            "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by zmac View Post
              There's pink at the toes and the very top but I guess no one other than me can see it so not the best choice.

Comment

@Shomas, your looks are always awesome
                @Vicious, nice fits as usual
                @Alan, gonna be toguh to beat but ill try :P

Casual day today:

polo: Brooks Brothers Red fleece jersey polo that was featured a couple weeks back
                shorts: JCF
                shoes: American Eagle

Heres a pic from last week with the stafford suit. Unfortunately the top photo turned out very very blurry so no point in posting it

Suit: stafford
                shirt: JC Thomas Mason
                belt: AE
                shoes: AE fifth ave
                Last edited by Focuspants; July 10, 2013, 08:40 PM.

Comment

@focuspants--How does the sizing on that suit run? TTS? I may have to try to track one down. The cost is low enough to see if I can pull it off, as long as the fit is good.
                  Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

It is quite slim cut. I am a 40R Ludlow and BarIII slim fit, and I would say this one fits a little bit slimmer. Was definitely happy with it for the money. I usually wear bright colours and such, so the pattern didnt bother me too much, but I could see someone who dresses more conservatively maybe not liking it.

Comment

Seems like you can get it for ~ $100 right now. Not bad. Might have to pick one up.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                        I'm contemplating whether or not this will be my entry for the Friday Challenge.

Jacket: Brook Brothers 346 - brown herringbone unlined and fully canvassed (thrifted)
                        Shirt: Roundtree and Yorke - blue/white tattersall
                        Pants: Brooks Brother 346 - tan wool
                        Shoes: AE Essex (bought from another Dappered member)
                        Tie:Paul Fredrick - maroon silk (handed down from father in law)
                        Look at you.. You smug bast*rd. :P

@SigCord - ¡Que bueno! ¿Hablas Español?
                        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I'm actually intrigued by that glenplaid stafford suit, especially since grey glenplaid is one of the holes in my wardrobe.

But I just despise center vents.

Comment

I tried as hard as I could to squeeze into that Stafford suit. The pants were just a terrible fit for me. I really liked it, though. I'm glad someone was able to snag one. It looks good.

Comment

Crazy couple of days.

Giampaolo linen shirt, eBay
                              Thrifted navy chinos
                              Target belt
                              Gifted Sperrys

Comment

Going simple today.

Blazer: H&M
                                Shirt: JCP
                                Pants: BR
                                Shoes AE Van Ness