Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have just 2 gingham shirts. But I would also say that shirts are my primary deficiency.

    Comment


      Yup. 8 here.

      Comment


        6 gingham shirts. Stop me or I'll consume gingham again. (4 are secondhand, and the other two are from Target, but it's still bad.)

        Comment


          the worst part is that most of my gingham are pink or blue. Just one green and one purple. They are all in varying styles and shades. Most button down, some french collar etc.

          You'd think I'd have more colors in there.

          Comment


            http://imgur.com/aofRSdv
            http://imgur.com/wRSa6es

            Shirt: Strafford (I will probably post this in the How does it fit forum as well)
            Pants: Levi's (they are kinda like jean material, but I can still get away with them at work)
            Shoes: Strafford (not sure if these go with the pants...I kinda think it does, but it may be a stretch)
            Watch: Timex

            Sorry for all the parenthetical statements. Let me know what you guys think. I believe if you look at my short timeline here, that I'm starting to put the pieces together.

            Comment




              i had a shoe care session with these awhile ago but haven't been able to wear them due to near constant rain/high chance of rain for a month.

              edge dressing makes such a big difference, they look like new!

              Comment


                I'm contemplating whether or not this will be my entry for the Friday Challenge.



                Jacket: Brook Brothers 346 - brown herringbone unlined and fully canvassed (thrifted)
                Shirt: Roundtree and Yorke - blue/white tattersall
                Pants: Brooks Brother 346 - tan wool
                Shoes: AE Essex (bought from another Dappered member)
                Tie:Paul Fredrick - maroon silk (handed down from father in law)

                Comment


                  Nice shoes, fey!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    There are some among us who possess a visage too hideous to reveal. That being said, it doesn't seem to have deterred Alan. (Bazinga!)
                    Why do you think I dress up? I helps keep people from looking up. :-O

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by rendiw143 View Post
                      http://imgur.com/aofRSdv
                      http://imgur.com/wRSa6es

                      Shirt: Strafford (I will probably post this in the How does it fit forum as well)
                      Pants: Levi's (they are kinda like jean material, but I can still get away with them at work)
                      Shoes: Strafford (not sure if these go with the pants...I kinda think it does, but it may be a stretch)
                      Watch: Timex

                      Sorry for all the parenthetical statements. Let me know what you guys think. I believe if you look at my short timeline here, that I'm starting to put the pieces together.
                      The shirt appears to fit pretty well and it goes well with the pants. I'm not wild about the shoes, but I think I generally have kind of a mental block about saddle shoes, so I'll leave more detailed comment on those to others. Otherwise, you're looking good!

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        The shirt appears to fit pretty well and it goes well with the pants. I'm not wild about the shoes, but I think I generally have kind of a mental block about saddle shoes, so I'll leave more detailed comment on those to others. Otherwise, you're looking good!
                        My exact feelings. I like saddle shoes personally, I'm just not sure about the coloring and silhouette on those particular ones. (might be the lighting with regards to the color). Also, not sure about those socks? Are they plain white athletic socks?
                        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by alan View Post
                          I'm contemplating whether or not this will be my entry for the Friday Challenge.



                          Jacket: Brook Brothers 346 - brown herringbone unlined and fully canvassed (thrifted)
                          Shirt: Roundtree and Yorke - blue/white tattersall
                          Pants: Brooks Brother 346 - tan wool
                          Shoes: AE Essex (bought from another Dappered member)
                          Tie:Paul Fredrick - maroon silk (handed down from father in law)
                          Como un Jefe!
                          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                            My exact feelings. I like saddle shoes personally, I'm just not sure about the coloring and silhouette on those particular ones. (might be the lighting with regards to the color). Also, not sure about those socks? Are they plain white athletic socks?
                            No they are light brown. I think the lighting in my office threw it off. I sit behind a desk literally all day so noone ever sees them, nevertheless, I probably shouldn't have grabbed the first ones I saw this morning...but you live and learn.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                              Como un Jefe!
                              My Span(gl)ish is really rusty, but I'm thinking Sigtweed may have just called you a cow, Alan. Either that or he's confusing you with some Geoffrey fellow.

                              Regardless, not cool, Sig. Not. Cool.




                              (OK, truth be told - it's rusty, but it ain't *that* rusty. Sig's right: Quite bosslike, dude. The stance helps - you do sorta look like you're ready to go give somebody a good ol' Brooks Brothers beatdown - but still... very slick, Slick.)

                              Comment




                                (Muchas gracias.)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X