This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BB View Post

Rainy day... Like every day the past few weeks... What to do with toddlers that have been shut up for so long?
    Do you guys have a Monkey Joe's near you? They have a bunch of bounce houses set up inside and it's only $5/child all day. Parents get in free. My kids (4 and 2) love it. They even havsmartass that are designated for kids under 3. We used to take them there when it was raining (which it does 300 days a year in FL).
    Last edited by MarkB; July 6, 2013, 09:29 AM.
    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      From yesterday, my 4th of July outfit.

Shirt and Pants - BR
      Are those jack purcells?

I like really them. Where did you snag them from and how much were they?
      Last edited by Manny De La Cruz; July 6, 2013, 05:32 PM.
      Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny De La Cruz View Post
        Are those jack purcells?

I like really them. Where did you snag them from and how much were they?
        They are. I believe i got them from shoes.com a month or two back for $45.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
          Everyone will have their own opinions of Style Forum, but I recently saw something on there that I thought was pretty neat. It was basically like a WIWT contest. It's held every Friday and the winner chooses the theme for the next week's contest. FWIW, everyone involved was very cordial - not at all what you might expect from SF. It sounded like a fun idea, and perhaps something we could give a shot here. It worked something like this:

Monday -> contest theme is announced
          Monday through Thursday -> people discuss the theme. guidelines are solidified (what will and won't be allowed, etc.)
          Friday -> anyone wanting to participate posts their WIWT pic in accordance with the week's guidelines
          Saturday and Sunday -> a poll is built for anyone that participated on Friday and open polling begins
          Sunday -> winner is announced
          Monday -> the winner chooses the next theme and sets the guidelines

As you might expect, a lot of their contests revolve around suit ensembles, but there's no reason it can't be anything else. The winner sets the theme and the theme can be anything. Of course everyone is trying to win, but it's not necessarily about declaring best dresser. Instead, it forced people to think outside their typical box and look at their wardrobe in new ways in order to submit an entry. Since the theme always changes, there are plenty of opportunities top try different things and participation is purely voluntary.

If you don't have at least about 10 people participating, it may not be very fun. But there's really no harm in trying. Just a thought.
          Count me in too!

Comment

Homemade pocket square -- my mother in law made this from a cotton shirt, used a serger to make tmhe white edging. Very cool.

Zegna shirt, eBay
            JCrew jacket
            Hagar chinos (thrift)
            Sperrys

Comment

Oh, hadn't realized my panama hat came in yesterday -- thoughts? This will certainly do better in the sun, and that's what I need it for (as well as mosquito coverage), so that's good. Maybe this is just one of the "can't win" kinds of things.

This does sort of tilt toward "megadork" instead of "douchey"...

Comment

Oh, hadn't realized my panama hat came in yesterday -- thoughts? This will certainly do better in the sun, and that's what I need it for (as well as mosquito coverage), so that's good. Maybe this is just one of the "can't win" kinds of things.

I think this one looks much better on you. It'll provide far more shade/protection than the other hat too.

Comment

Vicious, looks great.

Comment

MarkB, by the way, we do have a place like that near us -- but it was way too packed. Good thing I noticed the overfull parking lot before I'd promised him the trip. Went to the mall instead... and that was a hit. Water fountains, an indoor train, a toy store. But it's raining for another week yet... I'm going to go crazy.

Comment

@BB--Glad it worked out. It's definitely tough when they can't get outside and play. Usually when we go to monkey joes, we get there right when they open. It gives you a couple of hours before it gets too crazy. That's usually enough time to wear them out anyway.

Comment

This does sort of tilt toward "megadork" instead of "douchey"...

I like the hat, although I would opt to wear it with a different coloured blazer to avoid looking too "matchy" if you know what I mean.
                        Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Oh, hadn't realized my panama hat came in yesterday -- thoughts?

Why ah do decleh-ahh, lawdy lawdy! If that ain't the pig's knuckles, son! Slap my ass and call me Charlie, you done bring the sunshine!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            Why ah do decleh-ahh, lawdy lawdy! If that ain't the pig's knuckles, son! Slap my ass and call me Charlie, you done bring the sunshine!
                            I didn't know panama hats were a southern thing... And aren't you supposed to be fawning over Andy Murray right now?

(By the way, I'm entirely aware that this looks bad, so let me have it! The question is: does it look so bad that I should return it and get something else?)
                            Last edited by BB; July 7, 2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                              Hahahaha

BB - sorry I can't help you as I can't tell when a hat looks good or not. To me they all look dorky, including the one I wear.

Comment

Me in front of Independence Hall yesterday.

I know the pants and shoes don't work great together but I wanted to wear comfortable shoes since we'd be doing a lot of walking and I wanted linen/cotton blend pants so I wouldn't be dying from the heat.

shirt - Bonobos
                                pants - BR Factory
                                shoes - Jack Purcells

Comment

Working...
                                X