Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured you guys would like yesterday's look. You cant tell from the pic but the shirt has Blue and yellow tattersall lines which I thought worked well with the navy pants.

Today's was thrown on quickly because I knew I had a doctors appt and they would make me take my clothes off so I made it easy on myself.

Shomas - I think that looks fine although what's the purple/green thing going on there with your suit pocket?

JonB - are those bourbon McAlisters?
    Last edited by Vicious49; July 4, 2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
      I figured you guys would like yesterday's look. You cant tell from the pic but the shirt has Blue and yellow tattersall lines which I thought worked well with the navy pants.

Today's was thrown on quickly because I knew I had a doctors appt and they would make me take my clothes off so I made it easy on myself.

Shomas - I think that looks fine although what's the purple/green thing going on there with your suit pocket?

JonB - are those bourbon McAlisters?
      Nope! Strands. From the most recent tent sale. Finally have the sizing dialed in after 2x neumoks and the strandmoks.

Liked your most recent NATO strap - C&B?

Comment

You're right, I didn't look at the toes very carefully.

Yeah, most of my Natos are from C&B.

Comment

Excellent question. No idea. Must be some weird effect in the photo. Thankfully, I don't have a rogue Joker pocket in real life.

Comment

Happy birthday America. Hey bruschetta, I know you're in Scotland, but if you come across an Englishman today, could you kick him in the shins, yell "1776, eat that, you royalist!" and show them this picture?

That's right -- to forever.
            Last edited by BB; July 4, 2013, 10:34 AM.

Comment

(NB: I guess this gif doesn't take into account the fact that, millions of years from now, the sun will expand in its dying days to engulf the entire earth, America and all. So perhaps not "forever" in a literal sense. But since matter can never be created or destroyed, all of the atoms that make up America will be reconstituted as something else, so in that weak sense "forever" may be appropriate. But then, damn, that means that America is really just made up of things that came before it and were reconstituted to form it, in both geographical and cultural terms... Wow, that gif opens up a whole philosophical can of worms...)

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                Happy birthday America. Hey bruschetta, I know you're in Scotland, but if you come across an Englishman today, could you kick him in the shins, yell "1776, eat that, you royalist!" and show them this picture?
                This is why I like Canada Day - celebrating the first country to, as my Canadian friend put it, gain its independence by asking politely for it.

Also, the Colonies were part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, that is, England AND Scotland. So theoretically kicking a Scotsman in the shins would have the same effect.
                Ben

Comment

BB, sounds like a big melting-pot of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    This is why I like Canada Day - celebrating the first country to, as my Canadian friend put it, gain its independence by asking politely for it.

Also, the Colonies were part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain, that is, England AND Scotland. So theoretically kicking a Scotsman in the shins would have the same effect.
                    Sure, but the Scotsman would say, "What the hell are you kicking me for? We've been trying to get independence, too, but for five hundred years!"

But I do love the politeness of Canada day. Just happened, right? Happy Canada day, Shadow4life.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      BB, sounds like a big melting-pot of sorts.
                      Brilliant.

Comment

My attempt at the ole Red, White, and Blue.

Shirt: Merona Tailored Fit OCBD
                        Shorts: JCF
                        Belt: JCF
                        Shoes: ProKeds
                        Watch: Timex
                        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys and for confirming my suspicions. Will have to test that shirt out with jeans, and look into a different belt with those Pierponts if I try to wear them with dressier pants. I'll try to get some pics of my everyday style going forward.

Comment

Everyone will have their own opinions of Style Forum, but I recently saw something on there that I thought was pretty neat. It was basically like a WIWT contest. It's held every Friday and the winner chooses the theme for the next week's contest. FWIW, everyone involved was very cordial - not at all what you might expect from SF. It sounded like a fun idea, and perhaps something we could give a shot here. It worked something like this:

Monday -> contest theme is announced
                            Monday through Thursday -> people discuss the theme. guidelines are solidified (what will and won't be allowed, etc.)
                            Friday -> anyone wanting to participate posts their WIWT pic in accordance with the week's guidelines
                            Saturday and Sunday -> a poll is built for anyone that participated on Friday and open polling begins
                            Sunday -> winner is announced
                            Monday -> the winner chooses the next theme and sets the guidelines

As you might expect, a lot of their contests revolve around suit ensembles, but there's no reason it can't be anything else. The winner sets the theme and the theme can be anything. Of course everyone is trying to win, but it's not necessarily about declaring best dresser. Instead, it forced people to think outside their typical box and look at their wardrobe in new ways in order to submit an entry. Since the theme always changes, there are plenty of opportunities top try different things and participation is purely voluntary.

If you don't have at least about 10 people participating, it may not be very fun. But there's really no harm in trying. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                              Everyone will have their own opinions of Style Forum, but I recently saw something on there that I thought was pretty neat. It was basically like a WIWT contest. It's held every Friday and the winner chooses the theme for the next week's contest. FWIW, everyone involved was very cordial - not at all what you might expect from SF. It sounded like a fun idea, and perhaps something we could give a shot here. It worked something like this:

Monday -> contest theme is announced
                              Monday through Thursday -> people discuss the theme. guidelines are solidified (what will and won't be allowed, etc.)
                              Friday -> anyone wanting to participate posts their WIWT pic in accordance with the week's guidelines
                              Saturday and Sunday -> a poll is built for anyone that participated on Friday and open polling begins
                              Sunday -> winner is announced
                              Monday -> the winner chooses the next theme and sets the guidelines

As you might expect, a lot of their contests revolve around suit ensembles, but there's no reason it can't be anything else. The winner sets the theme and the theme can be anything. Of course everyone is trying to win, but it's not necessarily about declaring best dresser. Instead, it forced people to think outside their typical box and look at their wardrobe in new ways in order to submit an entry. Since the theme always changes, there are plenty of opportunities top try different things and participation is purely voluntary.

If you don't have at least about 10 people participating, it may not be very fun. But there's really no harm in trying. Just a thought.
                              I'd be willing to participate. Sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Oh, I'm game.

Comment

Working...
                                X