Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wouldn't know it from the pics, but I was going for some color today. The goal was to work some red, blue, and yellow into a single scheme. Call it an "exercise" or an "experiment" or whatever you want.

It's hard to tell from the pics so I'll just describe the jacket. It's blue/navy gingham on a pale mustard yellow background. Found it at a thrift store for $3 so I figured I'd give it a go. It's a 3-button jacket, but the top button is lower than any other 3 button I've ever owned. I tried it as a 3 roll 2, but the stance was old-mannish(and for a patterened jacket, that's a double whammy). So I'm just wearing it like it was intended. It's also ventless, but it's the only ventless jacket I've ever owned that draped well over rear without any separation in the front. (BTW, Today is my first day to wear it since I bought it.)

Shirt: Banana Republic - navy/white micro stripe

Tie: Tommy Hilfiger (inherited)

Jacket: Nautica (thrifted)

Pants: Banana Republic

Shoes: Poulsen, Skone & Co.

... and I was such a hurry that I ran out the door without a belt... again.

Comment

Hope you had it dry cleaned. Jackets that old, I wouldn't wear much outside of trying it on before I dry cleaned it. especially if you think its got some decades under its belt.

Comment

LOL Yeah. No worries.

Comment

Spent the day with the wife running around to Dr. appts for her. Casual get up.

Pics were taken in docs office, because I realized they had a decent mirror to take them in.

Jacket : RL Polo Quilted Biker Jacket

Shirt: BR Navy Blue Polo

Sunglasses: RayBand Polarized New Wayfarer black

Jeans: BR Slim Striaght Jeans

Shoes: Polo Suede Wingtips.

Album Picture #s 30-32.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1048294...98422879679554

Comment

Cool jacket, Tat.

Comment

3 days worth...

WIW 2 days ago

Oxxford SC from a SF thrifter

Hickey Freeman tie, thrifted

Astor & Black shirt, thrifted

Banana Republic sweater

Banana Republic brown herringbone pants, thrifted

Not shown: Florsheim Gaffney boots

WIW yesterday (couldn't get a good picture)

Hickey Freeman Collection suit, medium gray with double blue pinstripe, thrifted

Bruno Piatelli tie, from eBay

Charles Tyrwhitt pale blue shirt, traded from another SF thrifter

Target "navy" socks

Allen Edmonds shell cordovan shoes, bought from a SF thrifter

WIWT

HSM reddish brown herringbone tweed SC, thrifted

Tweed driving cap, thrifted

Astor & Black shirt, thrifted

Guy Laroche tie, thrifted

LL Bean Olive with gold overcheck old-man-pants, thrifted

AE Arlington tassel loafers, thrifted

Comment

Wow, JC. Strong looks all around. I don't have the guts for the Oxxford sportcoat, but you make it look easy. And that HF suit looks great.

... and it's a little fuzzy, but I'm inclined to say the pocket square in that last pic looks vaguely familiar.

Comment

LOL yes it does! I forgot to mention I'm wearing the orange pocket square from Alan today.

All of the pics are fuzzy... Unfortunately the only place with a big mirror is the bathroom and the light is pretty poor

Comment

Would you believe that I bought 5 pocket squares for myself and I'm taking 4 of them back? I can't pull them off in those colors. I'm sticking with the boring, sedate Merona hankies for now because that's all my limited panache can afford.

Comment

@JC, you have to be best dressed software engineer I've ever seen (at least I think you've said that's what you do in previous posts)

Comment

Yep, that's what I do. If others knew it could be fun and turned it into a game like I do then you'd see more.

Comment

You are rockin' it like a boss, JC. My hat's off to you (or it would be if I were wearing one).

Ben

Comment

Shirt: GAP

Vest: Thrifted

Jacket: J.Crew

Tie bar: KC

Pants: J.Crew, thrifted

Watch: Vintage Seiko, thrifted

Bracelet: Unknown maker, thrifted

Shoes: Unknown maker, thrifted

Socks: Wigwam

Getting a little wild and crazy... no tie, red socks, AND a $1 bracelet.

Ben

Comment

Ben, have you tried to identify the maker of those wingtips using the nail pattern on the heels?

Comment

I didn't know you could do such a thing. I think I had previously decided (based on the very faint lettering inside the shoe and some eBay comparisons) that they are made by Freeman Shoe Company, which went out of business in 1990. But I really couldn't say for sure.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X