Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yeah Vicious posted a couple looks with hats a couple weeks ago and while it didn't look awful, I found myself saying "why?" both times. Like I said, just not a hat person.

    Comment


      Never posted before (I've been creeping a while), but this was just too experimental to not get feedback. I'm not totally confident the shoes OR shirt go with the pants, nor how I feel about the 2-sided coloring of the belt, but I wore it anyway today.

      https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x...703_133744.jpg
      https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T...703_133506.jpg

      Be gentle. I'm kidding, be brutal.

      Shoes: AE Pierpont
      Pants: KC Reaction
      Shirt: E Zegna (thrifted for $4, otherwise probably wouldn't have picked up this color or two pockets, no doubt needs some tailoring)
      Belt: AE Smith

      Comment


        LOL, what a douchey bunch we all are then. Haha!

        BB, as you said, you got a hat for more of a purpose/protection than for style. Priorities, dude. Like others have said, the Groucho face thing makes it tough to judge, but I respect your anonymity. Maybe try another pic with a simpler disguise, maybe a blur or something? It looks like the brim is a little misshapen, but again tough to really tell.

        I really think for your trip, you might want to go full-on Panama (wider brim).

        And remember fellas, if this were 50+ years ago, we'd be thought of as douches for NOT wearing a hat.

        Comment


          Robbo, yeah, I'm sending it back -- and opting for the full Panama experience. When it shows up, I'm going full David Lee Roth on this hat -- "Panama--a!"

          Comment


            LOL, yeah and some @$$less chaps? Or was that Prince? Probably both. If you go that route please skip the WIWT pic. Puh-lease.

            "Gimme a bottle'a anything... And a glazed donut... ta go!"

            Comment


              Originally posted by P J View Post
              Never posted before (I've been creeping a while), but this was just too experimental to not get feedback. I'm not totally confident the shoes OR shirt go with the pants, nor how I feel about the 2-sided coloring of the belt, but I wore it anyway today.

              https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x...703_133744.jpg
              https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T...703_133506.jpg

              Be gentle. I'm kidding, be brutal.

              Shoes: AE Pierpont
              Pants: KC Reaction
              Shirt: E Zegna (thrifted for $4, otherwise probably wouldn't have picked up this color or two pockets, no doubt needs some tailoring)
              Belt: AE Smith
              I personally like everything but the shirt. I'm not sure if its the color (as you mentioned) or the double pockets (which you also mentioned) but something is throwing it off from everything else. I'm digging those shoes though. As a fellow noob to posting let me before the first to welcome you.

              Comment


                Originally posted by P J View Post
                Never posted before (I've been creeping a while), but this was just too experimental to not get feedback. I'm not totally confident the shoes OR shirt go with the pants, nor how I feel about the 2-sided coloring of the belt, but I wore it anyway today.

                https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x...703_133744.jpg
                https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T...703_133506.jpg

                Be gentle. I'm kidding, be brutal.

                Shoes: AE Pierpont
                Pants: KC Reaction
                Shirt: E Zegna (thrifted for $4, otherwise probably wouldn't have picked up this color or two pockets, no doubt needs some tailoring)
                Belt: AE Smith
                For me, I think the trouble you're having with the outfit is the mix of utilitarian (I believe that's what would be called a work shirt/webbed belt) and business/business casual (fairly sleek pants/shoes).

                I think the color palette is fine, but the shirt would look better in a more casual context (and probably the belt too).

                I'm not much further along on the sartorial scale though, so maybe some of the elders will chime in.
                Countryside Man of Letters

                Comment


                  Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                  Navy jacket, khaki pants, just as yesterday. All blue up top, too. Finally decided on the loafers and went with the snuff suede.


                  Jacket: Brooks Brothers
                  Shirt: CT
                  Tie: JCF
                  Square: The Tie Bar
                  Pants: BR (100% linen, first time wearing them and I really like 'em)
                  Shoes: AE/RL Singleton
                  I like the pants a lot. Usually linen pants don't fit so well (kinda harem-y), but these fit you great. Well done.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by BB View Post
                    Ok, so my hat came in -- what do you all think? I think I look more douchey than Megadork in this one, which is ok (http://putthison.com/post/365446401/hatsdouchesanddorks), but I might return it anyway because I think I look pretty weird in it. But that might just be me. Any critiques? Look too small? It feels a bit snug, but not restrictive. Also, how does one shape a brim?
                    I agree that a wider brim will look and perform better. To shape it, you pretty much just have to manhandle it - this one looks kind of f'd up, though. If it's fairly stiff, you can gently apply some steam, them shape it.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                      Navy jacket, khaki pants, just as yesterday. All blue up top, too. Finally decided on the loafers and went with the snuff suede.





                      Jacket: Brooks Brothers
                      Shirt: CT
                      Tie: JCF
                      Square: The Tie Bar
                      Pants: BR (100% linen, first time wearing them and I really like 'em)
                      Shoes: AE/RL Singleton
                      Very nicely done.

                      Comment


                        Thanks for the positive feedback the past couple days, guys!

                        Comment


                          Me today:



                          Suit: J Crew Factory
                          Shirt: Bonobos
                          Tie: Rooster
                          Tie bar: The Tie Bar
                          Shoes: AE
                          Watch: Timex/J Crew strap
                          PS: Hugo Boss

                          This is my first go with this oxford Thompson suit all put together. I Think I'm pretty happy with it, altogether, though I think the pants could stand to be slimmed down a bit.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                            Me today:

                            This is my first go with this oxford Thompson suit all put together. I Think I'm pretty happy with it, altogether, though I think the pants could stand to be slimmed down a bit.
                            The pupil has become the Sho-master.

                            Comment


                              That oxford Thompson is awesome.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by P J View Post
                                Never posted before (I've been creeping a while), but this was just too experimental to not get feedback. I'm not totally confident the shoes OR shirt go with the pants, nor how I feel about the 2-sided coloring of the belt, but I wore it anyway today.

                                https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-x...703_133744.jpg
                                https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-T...703_133506.jpg

                                Be gentle. I'm kidding, be brutal.

                                Shoes: AE Pierpont
                                Pants: KC Reaction
                                Shirt: E Zegna (thrifted for $4, otherwise probably wouldn't have picked up this color or two pockets, no doubt needs some tailoring)
                                Belt: AE Smith
                                Agree regarding those who have pointed out the shirt color, it's not terrible, just...I don't know, off? Especially with the light gray pants. Fit of the pants looks great. I think the belt is too informal for the rest of the look but that might be a personal thing, especially given I imagine it was tough to find what to pair with the shoes.
                                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X