This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
    It's all personal preference, of course, but I much more like something that doesn't look too neat. I go for something more like what I call the J. Crew artfully messy sleeve roll.

Tricky, though. You have to look like you don't care, even though you care. I find I get the best results when I just sort of push them up and roll somewhere to secure it, then don't think about it again.

Another topic: no pix but what I've been wearing lately are my Saturdays Surf NYC yellow board shorts. I don't surf but we hipsters who wear board shorts never actually surf.
    Very true, although the key is getting the roll to the elbow area.

Here is one of my favourite guides: http://magnificentbastard.com/posts/...s-from-esquire
    Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
      Taken to appease BB.

I conditioned the McNeils with Renovateur and then added a clear coat of wax and they're looking much better.
      I am appeased. And pleased about the MacNeils, which look great.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
        I think tucked looks better but the wife said she like it untucked and then gave me the old 'do you dress for me or them?' so untucked wins out. Looking at the pic now, I think this might look better with my Clarks desert boots.
        With that particular set of clothes, I'd go with untucked. The shirt is a bit long for that, but no one would notice. The jeans and DBs look better more casual, in my opinion.

Comment

Robbo, you're looking great lately. Nice use of solid colors with strong contrast.

BenR, nice hat. I'm about to get a Goorin too. How does one shape a brim like that? Does it come shaped?

Rendiw, I see what you mean about the sleeves, but I probably wouldn't get a casual shirt like that tailored. Looks good, in any case, except for the shoes, in my opinion.

MarkB, I like the one with the blue collar shirt. I don't know why but I personally don't like white tshirts, but that's just me.

BJ, excellent. Nice linen jacket.
          Last edited by BB; July 2, 2013, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Lands End
            JCrew
            Sperrys

Comment

http://imgur.com/0hxx5MH

Shirt: Aeropostale (thrifted)
              Pants: Old Navy
              Watch: Timex

Nothing special, however I like the "snugness" of the shirt (which is an xsmall). Seems like with my small body (5'8"; 130 pounds), that I have to buy most of my shirts xsmall or they swallow me whole. Looks like its time to start shopping in the kids section....

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                Taken to appease BB.

I conditioned the McNeils with Renovateur and then added a clear coat of wax and they're looking much better.
                Looking good! Pet your puppy for me. :-)

Comment

Trying something new today. I've got a couple of these plaid lightweight poplin shirts from LEC. I usually restrict them to weekends, with shorts and jeans/chinos, but I thought I'd give them a shot at work under a blazer. Thoughts?

Blazer: BR
                  Shirt: LEC
                  Square: Target
                  Pants: JCP
                  Shoes: TBNY

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                    Trying something new today. I've got a couple of these plaid lightweight poplin shirts from LEC. I usually restrict them to weekends, with shorts and jeans/chinos, but I thought I'd give them a shot at work under a blazer. Thoughts?

Blazer: BR
                    Shirt: LEC
                    Square: Target
                    Pants: JCP
                    Shoes: TBNY
                    Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by rendiw143 View Post
                      Looks good!
                      I agree - which is no surprise, since I dress like this a lot. Happy to pat both of us on the back!

Comment

Outstanding bjmc...
                        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          Good catch. I went to return a sweater that the mother in law got me since it was too big and did a straight swap for this shirt.
                          I can now recognize the brand of a shirt, and the season, and recall the price (39.99 before the extra % off). I shop Express too much; it's official.

@rendiw: The fit is the shirt is GREAT. Much much better than the other one.

@bjmc: Looks great.

Sunglasses: H&M (KEYHOLES! And they were only 10 bucks! And they EVEN FOLD)
                          Cardigan: H&M (lightweight and it was chilly this morning)
                          Shirt: JCrew Factory
                          Jeans: Express

Comment

Just another day of bar study... memorizing contracts today. Ugh.

GAP shirt, JCF shorts, Nantucket belt, Orient watch on NATO strap, Converse shoes
                            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Just another day of bar study... memorizing contracts today. Ugh.

GAP shirt, JCF shorts, Nantucket belt, Orient watch on NATO strap, Converse shoes
                              Looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny De La Cruz View Post
                                Very true, although the key is getting the roll to the elbow area.

Here is one of my favourite guides: http://magnificentbastard.com/posts/...s-from-esquire
                                Elbow area is the operative idea. Above or slightly below is good, depending on the look you want. Anything toward halfway down the forearm though is not good.

Comment

Working...
                                X