Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've found myself gravitating towards knit ties with check shirts more often; I really like the combo.

Jacket: H&M linen
    Shirt: CT
    Tie: The Tie Bar
    Square: The Tie Bar chambray
    Pants: JCP
    Shoes: AE Amok

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
      You sir have perfected the art of the sleeve roll, nicely done!
      It's all personal preference, of course, but I much more like something that doesn't look too neat. I go for something more like what I call the J. Crew artfully messy sleeve roll.

Tricky, though. You have to look like you don't care, even though you care. I find I get the best results when I just sort of push them up and roll somewhere to secure it, then don't think about it again.

Another topic: no pix but what I've been wearing lately are my Saturdays Surf NYC yellow board shorts. I don't surf but we hipsters who wear board shorts never actually surf.
      Last edited by Duvel; June 30, 2013, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
        You sir have perfected the art of the sleeve roll, nicely done!
        Thanks. It's probably becaused I lived in Florida, but wore button-ups 90% of the time and didn't want to sweat to death (not that it helped all that much).

@Duvel--I used to do the messy sleeve roll, but the sleeves never stayed put and I was messing with them all day. That was before I learned how to secure them though. I agree that sometimes the purposely disheveled look works, I'll have to give it a shot and see what I can come up with.
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

shirt - Everlane
          shorts - BR
          shoes - Jack Purcess
          hat - Saks

Comment

Shirt: One Star Henley
            Belt: JCF
            Shorts: JC
            Shoes: ProKeds
            Watch: Citizen

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/W8dmdOf.jpg
              http://i.imgur.com/ubgPqRX.jpg
              http://i.imgur.com/rsfyMQM.jpg

Shirt: Apt. 9 (the sleeves are just a tad long, but not sure if I should tailor it due to it being pretty inexpensive)
              Pants: JCP
              Shoes: Apt 9 (these are placeholders; I'm currently saving up for my first pair of AE's which will probably be Strands)
              Last edited by rendiw143; July 1, 2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

@ BB...

It's late but I missed your posting so I'll respond now. For me, it's mainly two things...

One, not having the time during the day to take care of it and snap a pic then visit the sight and post it. Two, I also try and just post things that are interesting or different, and not just ho hum or the standard stuff.
                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Real nice casual looks lately, fellas... all of y'all! I'm all for that, actually - even though they may not show off the more super-stylish looks you all have been known to don, they are all in fact still very stylish, in a casual way. Fine work! Keep it up guys.

Vicious, I really like that new hat, man. Good choice!

BJ, that tie/shirt combo is cool. I have pretty much only worn silk knit ties the past few months. I really have fallen (back) in love with them. So versatile!

Comment

WIWAOBSP (at our backyard Summer party) - a little weekend gathering of 100 or so of our closest friends.

Just for fun I figured I'd throw in a little "action shot" of me playing (keys) and singing a little as part of the evening's entertainment. I *think* I remember that part. Let's just say the Hendricks rocks was tasting extra smoooooooove right about then. Doh!

Polo: Original Penguin
                    Belt: BR (thrifted)
                    Chinos: Dockers
                    Shoes: TBNY
                    Watch: Orient
                    Scent: Creed
                    Trilby: Original Penguin (sitting right there on the keyboard stand - forgot to actually wear it - LOL)

Comment

I think tucked looks better but the wife said she like it untucked and then gave me the old 'do you dress for me or them?' so untucked wins out. Looking at the pic now, I think this might look better with my Clarks desert boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                        I think tucked looks better but the wife said she like it untucked and then gave me the old 'do you dress for me or them?' so untucked wins out. Looking at the pic now, I think this might look better with my Clarks desert boots.
                        I side with the wife :P I always prefer the proportions of an untucked shirt, and plaids are meant to be untucked! Where'd you get the shirt? Looks like something from the recent Express end of season sale to me.

Yoyo, the polo looks fantastic. Like the combination with the white too, but seriously, the fit on the polo is just wow.

@rendiw: Especially with a shirt like that (patterned and more casual), you can always roll the sleeves up to hide the length. Looks like it still might be a bit big though; I'd see about going a size down next time I get a shirt. Collar looks pretty spacious to me. I really dig the pattern on that shirt though. Navy-burgundy is just a great combo.

MarkB: I love the risk taking shorts. And the belt is amazing; I want one just like it. Very nautical vibe.

Comment

Taken to appease BB.

I conditioned the McNeils with Renovateur and then added a clear coat of wax and they're looking much better.

Comment

@vicious--I think you should've stuck with your first instinct. IMO, that shirt is too long to wear untucked. I think the rule of thumb is that if it covers more than half of the fly on your pants/shorts it should be tucked (which is pretty often for me at 5'9"). I really like color palette though.

Also, what color Clark's would you have worn? Taupe suede would look good, but I think the sand colored shoes in the pic look good as well.

@Mikey--Thanks! My wife actually got them for me as a gift. I guess she figured if I'd wear Nantucket red shorts or cobalt blue pants, they would get worn ;-)
                            Last edited by MarkB; July 1, 2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
                              I side with the wife :P I always prefer the proportions of an untucked shirt, and plaids are meant to be untucked! Where'd you get the shirt? Looks like something from the recent Express end of season sale to me.
                              Good catch. I went to return a sweater that the mother in law got me since it was too big and did a straight swap for this shirt.

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                              @vicious--I think you should've stuck with your first instinct. IMO, that shirt is too long to wear untucked. I think the rule of thumb is that if it covers more than half of the fly on your pants/shorts it should be tucked (which is pretty often for me at 5'9"). I really like color palette though.
                              I think so too but can't argue with her reasoning so . . .

Comment

Yoyo's clothes have all been pretty well fitting recently. I can't do the sockless look as much as some of you guys though. I always have to wear a no-show sock except with my boat shoes (they're too tight fitting so the sock actually makes it uncomfortable).

Comment

Working...
                                X