X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
    Going out summer test attire, need a light colour linen suit

Would you wear it with the polo? I have a hard time getting past how poorly a polo collar dots under a jacket.

Comment

Vicious, the Orient Mako looks great on that strap.

Ben, I love the hat.

Shad0w, I don't think that the polo shirt works under a suit jacket. Is that a toy pirate sword, nay, a toy pirate cutlass on the floor?

Arr me matey, may yer linen suit bring a bounty o' booty.

Comment

@Cologne Guy, that's a great swimsuit. How tall are you? Looks like the perfect length.
        "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Nothing too exciting, but here we go. End of the day, so the shirts a bit wrinkly. But that's ok, cause it's beer time!
          Crappy, lazy pics. The shirt has a very fine double stripe to it.

Bonobos Impresario-
          Got a couple of these on sale when they were being clearanced out. They fit a little wonky to me. Don't like the back darts instead side pleats up top, and they're a bit roomy despite the "tailored fit" tag inside. Material and construction is very nice, though, and they've held up very well. Anyone else have any experience with 'em? They've been a good $30 shirt option, don't think I'd ever spend a hundred bucks on 'em though.

JCF Chambray Bedfords. Just picked these up and I think they're my new favorite pants.

AE Perry

And the trusty Timex. Might have some new watch options after my b-day.

Comment

Greg, I'm pretty much 6' on the dot, and these measure about 5.5" inseam, and aprrox 15.5" outer seam (or whatever it's called). They actually do feel like a near-perfect length, at least for what I was looking for.

I tried on so damn many different trunks recently, at Marshalls, TJMaxx, JCP, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and JCrew. I would have chosen this one over all of them even if it wasn't *free*. Bonus!

Thanks for the feedback, bud!

Comment

Originally posted by rendiw143 View Post
              What is the reasoning on no being able to see the undershirt? Does it come across as tacky?...I've tried not wearing one a couple of times and it was kind of uncomfortable, but I'm sure it was a mental thing. Any advice is helpful, for I am a noob at this whole thing.
              It just messes up the lines of a nice shirt. The shirt collar is suppose to frame your face and wearing an undershirt sort of messes that up. It also looks a little dorky as well imo.

I used ALWAYS wear undershirts myself because without them I felt "uncomfortable". Now I've gotten use to not wearing an undershirt and it's way better.
              Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                Oh, and I usually bring "going out" clothes to change into as I leave work -- here's this week's pics:

Awesome. It all makes sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
                  I used ALWAYS wear undershirts myself because without them I felt "uncomfortable". Now I've gotten use to not wearing an undershirt and it's way better.
                  This was me until earlier this year. I've made the switch to no undershirt and I haven't looked back.

Comment

Went to the Farmers Market downtown with the wife and kids this morning.

Shirt: JCF
                    Shorts: Mossimo
                    Belt: JCF
                    Shoes: ProKeds
                    Watch: Timex
                    Last edited by MarkB; June 29, 2013, 05:43 PM.
                    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Well so I don't post very often but I figure I'll try and get better about that- feedback is always a good thing... Having turned over the leaf this year about no shorts unless at the beach- it's been pretty good. Since I work in pretty hot climates, the Richmond heat hasn't bothered me.

Shirt- JCP
                      Pants- Dockers Alpha
                      Belts- JCP
                      Socks- Corgi
                      Shoes- Sperry
                      Watch- Casio EF503D-1AV

Last edited by ajk170; June 29, 2013, 09:34 PM.

Comment

shirt - express
                        pants - JCF
                        shoes - AE Neumoks

Comment

Vicious, I'm jealous of those shoes. Also liking the socks. My one suggestion would be to maybe tuck in the shirt to get a better silhouette.

Comment

Originally posted by ncfranklin View Post
                            I don't know what made me think this would work, but i'm torn. Thoughts on this risky casual friday move Dappered?

Shirt: BR Luxe Touch
                            Chinos: Urban Slim from J Crew
                            Shoes: Walnut Strands
                            Watch: Skagen

http://i.imgur.com/91mlW9t.jpg
                            i think this looks really good. like LBD said, i'd also change out the shoes for something more neutral. the rule i follow when i wear bright pants is that everything else has to be neutral. the walnut shoes, and particularly the matchy matchy shoe laces would break my rule. some loafers would look great with this outfit.

Comment

like the look. great fit. you find that the slim bowery pants run a shorter inseam than usual?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                                Went to the Farmers Market downtown with the wife and kids this morning.

Shirt: JCF
                                Shorts: Mossimo
                                Belt: JCF
                                Shoes: ProKeds
                                Watch: Timex
                                You sir have perfected the art of the sleeve roll, nicely done!
                                Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

Working...
                                X