Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the day off today to head up to my parents' to surprise my dad for his 55th.

Polo: BR
    Chinos: JCP
    Shoes: AE for RL Singleton in snuff suede

Still deciding which loafers to keep; I really like these with this outfit.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
      Solid look farhad!
      Thanks man!

Originally posted by BB View Post
      Farhad, looks great. I don't have any repp ties, but you've convinced me -- I will be on the lookout when at a thrift store.. Like I said, though, wasn't calling anyone out. Post only whenever you want! But I was just wondering about why folks wouldn't.

This is an eBay jacket -- and I love it. From "S. Cohen," a Montreal brand, and it uses Zignone cotton. Zignone is a top Italian mill, like Loro Piana but without as much name recognition. I'd highly recommend the fabric -- this is cotton, but I imagine their wool is top notch too. Jacket construction is nice, as well. Fits like a Ludlow, but longer and with wider lapels. It was definitely altered by the previous wearer, though, so I'm not sure how trim it would be OTR. By the way, pinstripe jacket not worn as a suit... And not likely to be confused as an orphan, either...

S Cohen jacket
      JCrew white shirt (thrifted)
      CK grey summerweight chinos (thrifted)
      LEC chukkas (web clearance)

This outfit is under $50 total.
      Thank you, BB. I am a big fan of repp ties and I was going to start a thread to see what people think about wearing them to work. Are they too informal to be worn to work?

About posting (or rather not posting), I would like to post WIWTs only when I think my outfit is interesting for other guys to see and get ideas from.

By the way, I love the jacket as well as the white solid shirt underneath it. The only thing I might have worn differently is the pants. I would wear something slightly more colorful (e.g. light hickory in this link http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/p...1606/21606.jsp). But I like your combination, it is very clean.

Taking the day off today to head up to my parents' to surprise my dad for his 55th.

Polo: BR
      Chinos: JCP
      Shoes: AE for RL Singleton in snuff suede

Very well put-together, bjmcgeever. and very "mad men" looking. I wish I could pull off this look but I have tried it and it does not work for me.

Comment

I think it really depends on what shoes you have in collection. If you already have a leather loafer go for one in suede. Personally, I really like how Singletons in snuff suede look but from my personal experience with my suede Florsheim Havilans, suede shoes are a bit difficult to take care of and lose their "freshness" after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
          Oh, and I usually bring "going out" clothes to change into as I leave work -- here's this week's pics:

Maybe the funniest post I have ever seen on Dappered. Kudos good sir, kudos.
          "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Getting hot in L.A....

Title: Summer Daze
            Shirt: Michael Kors (thrifted)
            Chinos: Gap
            Shoes: Vans

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I don't know what made me think this would work, but i'm torn. Thoughts on this risky casual friday move Dappered?

Shirt: BR Luxe Touch
              Chinos: Urban Slim from J Crew
              Shoes: Walnut Strands
              Watch: Skagen

http://i.imgur.com/91mlW9t.jpg

Comment

I think I would have worn darker shoes to tone down the lavender (?) chinos. Other than that, it looks pretty good to me.
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  I think I would have worn darker shoes to tone down the lavender (?) chinos. Other than that, it looks pretty good to me.
                  Agree with this, but I think you could rock Strands if you opted for a white or other very light colored shirt on top (meaning the entire outfit was very light colored, so the strands wouldn't be as much in contrast to the darker top). Admittedly, this would be a rather bold outfit unless attending foxfields or something equally preppy.

Also, personally I wouldn't match pants and shoe laces--if you want switch out for color laces, I tend toward complimentary colors rather than matching. Think how you pair pocket squares or colored socks with suits&ties.

Otherwise, I'm digging the lavender color.

Comment

BB: If anything, at least your *heels* aren't square-toed. That would've totally ruined your ensembles.

BJ: I love that polo; the whole look really. Nice! I dig the retro-looking polos myself. I have a number of Original Penguin ones, which do a throw-back move in their own way. You'll probably be seeing a few from me soon, as I got a couple new ones, in a slimmer fit than my older ones. Here's hoping they're not *too* slim.

farhad: Looks good on you, man. I think it'd be a little pushing the prep vibe (?) for me, personally; but you look to be pulling it off quite well there, bud.

rendiw143: I have a feeling I won't be the only fella here to advise losing the undershirt (or moving to a v-neck or something less visible), but otherwise I'm diggin your casual look there. I keep trying on similar shirts, but I just can't find one that seems to work on me. I had a few older ones, that were nice, but they wereactually too big on me (as I have learned over the past couple of years). I'm gonna keep looking, especially after seeing some of them on you guys here.

Sig: Same deal with your shirt there, bud. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig it. Now to fond me one that *I* like on *me*. Ugh. The thrifts are filled with them, but nothing that seems to really work on me.

ncfranklin: That color (chinos) is sweet. I love to wear shirts in that hue, but I don't personally think I could wear the chinos. They look good on you there, and if you're comfortable and confident in them, then I'm sure they look even better in RL. Completely new look to me; that seems to work. Nice job!

Comment

Probably an odd WIWT pic (maybe *not* after that collage that BB posted - WOW!), but it is utilitarian as it's a pool day (until the rain ruins it - ugh).

New swimsuit that I just snagged for (essentially) FREE. Yay! Actually returned a (way too big) gifted linen shirt to H&M, and was able to pick these trunks up with store credit to spare. So far, I'm really liking them. We'll see...

Shirt: CK
                      Swimsuit: H&M
                      Shoes: Sperry
                      Watch: Invicta
                      Scent: CK
                      Trilby: Original Penguin

Comment

Nothing fancy today, but BB guilted me into posting....

Old Navy shirt, Chubbies shorts, Goorin Bros. hat, Orient watch, random $2 flip-flops.
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                          BB: If anything, at least your *heels* aren't square-toed. That would've totally ruined your ensembles.

BJ: I love that polo; the whole look really. Nice! I dig the retro-looking polos myself. I have a number of Original Penguin ones, which do a throw-back move in their own way. You'll probably be seeing a few from me soon, as I got a couple new ones, in a slimmer fit than my older ones. Here's hoping they're not *too* slim.

farhad: Looks good on you, man. I think it'd be a little pushing the prep vibe (?) for me, personally; but you look to be pulling it off quite well there, bud.

rendiw143: I have a feeling I won't be the only fella here to advise losing the undershirt (or moving to a v-neck or something less visible), but otherwise I'm diggin your casual look there. I keep trying on similar shirts, but I just can't find one that seems to work on me. I had a few older ones, that were nice, but they wereactually too big on me (as I have learned over the past couple of years). I'm gonna keep looking, especially after seeing some of them on you guys here.

Sig: Same deal with your shirt there, bud. Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig it. Now to fond me one that *I* like on *me*. Ugh. The thrifts are filled with them, but nothing that seems to really work on me.
                          !
                          ncfranklin: That color (chinos) is sweet. I love to wear shirts in that hue, but I don't personally think I could wear the chinos. They look good on you there, and if you're comfortable and confident in them, then I'm sure they look even better in RL. Completely new look to me; that seems to work. Nice job
                          What is the reasoning on no being able to see the undershirt? Does it come across as tacky?...I've tried not wearing one a couple of times and it was kind of uncomfortable, but I'm sure it was a mental thing. Any advice is helpful, for I am a noob at this whole thing.

Comment

Figure I might as well get some use out of these BR polos I bought last year before I realized there are a few other brands that fit me much better. Trying something new with the newsboy cap.

Comment

Originally posted by rendiw143 View Post
                              What is the reasoning on no being able to see the undershirt? Does it come across as tacky?...I've tried not wearing one a couple of times and it was kind of uncomfortable, but I'm sure it was a mental thing. Any advice is helpful, for I am a noob at this whole thing.
                              In a word... yes. I still wear undershirts, but opt for a v-neck undershirt when I'm wearing an open collar (i.e., not buttoned up with a tie--typically try to wear a crew collar undershirt then, so you don't see the "v" around the collar). For that shirt of yours, it doesn't matter, but there are also many here that opt for grey undershirts vs. white, as they don't show through as much when you're wearing a thinner dress shirt (when you see the undershirt sleeves end under your dress shirt). If you search around the threads, you'll find some undershirt discussions if you want more.

Comment

Going out summer test attire, need a light colour linen suit

Comment

Working...
                                X