This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BB View Post
    Ok, listen up: I know for a fact that almost every one of the hundreds of people looking at this site wear clothes every day.* Usually Robbo, Vicious, Shomas and I post here, some like Alan and Sigtweed are off and on, and some guys only every now and again. But today I'm beginning to suspect that Tan and I are alone in trying to make the most of a dog day of summer. What keeps people from sharing what they chose to wear today? I like these sorts of threads because they give me ideas. But I recognize that the procedure of taking pics and posting them is a barrier to entry for some. Are there other reasons you don't show yourselves more often?

*bruschetta, at least, may or may not be wearing clothes given the day of the week; I believe it is Wednesdays that he gives his wardrobe a mid-week break, but I could be wrong about that.
    Posting pictures is a pain, especially if I'm going out in a well fitted tee and colored chinos and not much more. Also, my wardrobe is not quite as extensive as what you guys have, simply because my parents have to pay for my clothes, and they do not really approve of my "habit" :P I'm moreorless on a two week rotation or so as far as unique pieces go, and I wouldn't like to burn it all up at once (post for 2 weeks straight and stop). Finally, there's just the fact that what I wear is usually downright different (fits tighter, colors brighter) due to my age.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikey View Post
      Posting pictures is a pain, especially if I'm going out in a well fitted tee and colored chinos and not much more. Also, my wardrobe is not quite as extensive as what you guys have, simply because my parents have to pay for my clothes, and they do not really approve of my "habit" :P I'm moreorless on a two week rotation or so as far as unique pieces go, and I wouldn't like to burn it all up at once (post for 2 weeks straight and stop). Finally, there's just the fact that what I wear is usually downright different (fits tighter, colors brighter) due to my age.
      You can extend the usefulness of those individual pieces by mixing/matching. If you have 10 shirts and 10 pairs of pants/shorts, that's 100 combinations right there. Of course they won't all work together, but you get the idea. There's always room to experiment!

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
        Question about your jackets: Do you normally get them tailored or is this fit straight off the rack? I'm curious to know since you always nail the fit of your blazers.
        My theory on blazer fit... Keep eating until it fits! Stopping is the hard part.

Comment

Yeah, boring is good, too. If everybody only shares their peacocking pics, then we'll just have a peacocking arms race and all of us will be fired for dressing like Buzz Bissinger at work.
          But please, for me, if you are indeed dressing like Buzz Bissinger, you simply must post some photos. We need some androgynous leather Gucci action up in this joint like yesterday.

Comment

WIWY (what I wore yesterday):
            http://i44.tinypic.com/2ppjvw6.jpg

Jacket: Club Monaco Grant Fit
            Shirt: DKNY Slim
            Tie: J. Crew -
            Pants: J Crew Slim Bowery
            Belt: J. Crew
            Shoes: Vintage Florsheim Wingtips

I apologize for not posting more often, guys.

Comment

Solid look farhad!

Comment

Farhad, looks great. I don't have any repp ties, but you've convinced me -- I will be on the lookout when at a thrift store.. Like I said, though, wasn't calling anyone out. Post only whenever you want! But I was just wondering about why folks wouldn't.

This is an eBay jacket -- and I love it. From "S. Cohen," a Montreal brand, and it uses Zignone cotton. Zignone is a top Italian mill, like Loro Piana but without as much name recognition. I'd highly recommend the fabric -- this is cotton, but I imagine their wool is top notch too. Jacket construction is nice, as well. Fits like a Ludlow, but longer and with wider lapels. It was definitely altered by the previous wearer, though, so I'm not sure how trim it would be OTR. By the way, pinstripe jacket not worn as a suit... And not likely to be confused as an orphan, either...

S Cohen jacket
                JCrew white shirt (thrifted)
                CK grey summerweight chinos (thrifted)
                LEC chukkas (web clearance)

This outfit is under $50 total.

Comment

BB - bold jacket! I don't think I've seen anything quite like that, with the stripes that thick and close together. I like it though. If it were me, I'd add a pocket square and maybe go for a patterned shirt. That said, the look is simple and clean.

Comment

Oh, and I usually bring "going out" clothes to change into as I leave work -- here's this week's pics:

Comment

Good suggestion with the pocket square -- this pretty much calls for one. What kind of patterned shirt would you wear? I'd worry about competing with the bold pattern on the jacket, but I'm open to suggestions.

Comment

Oh, and I usually bring "going out" clothes to change into as I leave work -- here's this week's pics:

Wait... WHAT?!?
                        6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

Farhad, looks great. I don't have any repp ties, but you've convinced me -- I will be on the lookout when at a thrift store.. Like I said, though, wasn't calling anyone out. Post only whenever you want! But I was just wondering about why folks wouldn't.

This is an eBay jacket -- and I love it. From "S. Cohen," a Montreal brand, and it uses Zignone cotton. Zignone is a top Italian mill, like Loro Piana but without as much name recognition. I'd highly recommend the fabric -- this is cotton, but I imagine their wool is top notch too. Jacket construction is nice, as well. Fits like a Ludlow, but longer and with wider lapels. It was definitely altered by the previous wearer, though, so I'm not sure how trim it would be OTR. By the way, pinstripe jacket not worn as a suit... And not likely to be confused as an orphan, either...

S Cohen jacket
                          JCrew white shirt (thrifted)
                          CK grey summerweight chinos (thrifted)
                          LEC chukkas (web clearance)

This outfit is under $50 total.
                          This I like. Stick with this, BB.
                          6'4" 210lbs, 40L, 15.5/35, 35x34

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/ll315CL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6vPrkCx.jpg

So this is my first ever WIWT post, so I figured a casual Friday would be a good idea for a first.

Shirt: Urban Pipeline (thrifted; I used to be a sucker for pearl snap buttons)
                            Jeans: Levi's 501s
                            Watch: Timex Expedition (this is my first watch I've ever bought which was a week ago; Dappered and the threads finally convinced to take the plunge and so far I love it!)

Comment

Very funny!

Comment

I see what you did there BB.

As for the shirt, I'd probably go with either a large gingham, small gingham/tattersall, or a larger windowpane/tattersall. My basic rule of thumb is to mix big patterns with small ones, but those stripes are a bit tricky since they're in between.

Comment

Working...
                                X