Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by alan View Post
    I actually appreciate your looks. I'm all for the casual stuff, but I need some variety! I can only take so many polos!
    Alan has a man crush.

    Comment


      Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
      Alan has a man crush.

      You've just ben waiting for the opportunity to say that...

      Comment


        I wear the stormtrooper suit most days, and even when it's interesting for me, likely not nearly as nice for you guys. Also, I rotate essentially 3-4 suits Mon-Fri (two pair of slacks per suit, so I spread the workday love) -- embarassinggggg.

        Also, I wear non-skinny ties (3 and 1/8th to 3 and 3/4ths inch). The Horr-rruhhh.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
          I wanted to go with my brown suede Neumoks as I think the darker shoes provided a better contrast but the wife thought they took attention away from my outfit so I went with the BR bucks instead. I just got these bucks in blue suede (I had them last year but they were .5 size too large so I recently sold them) but I might send them back. I have a lot more shoes now than I did at the same time last year so I don't think I'll get as much use out of them this go around.




          pretty much the entire outfit is BR
          As others have mentioned, you nailed the fit on the polo. Although I wonder what it would look like untucked?

          I've seen your style improve quite a bit since you first started posting, well done!

          Have you ever thought about wearing a more tapered trouser?
          Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

          Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

          Comment


            Originally posted by BB View Post
            Shomas, I like that look a lot. Buffalo check is the next gingham. And I love the Jello Biafra reference.


            JCrew chino suit jacket that I'm wearing as an odd jacket, and that doesn't look orphaned
            Thrifted blue Oxford
            Thrifted blue chinos
            Sperrys

            Going for more contrast today.
            Question about your jackets: Do you normally get them tailored or is this fit straight off the rack? I'm curious to know since you always nail the fit of your blazers.
            Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

            Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
              As others have mentioned, you nailed the fit on the polo. Although I wonder what it would look like untucked?

              I've seen your style improve quite a bit since you first started posting, well done!

              Have you ever thought about wearing a more tapered trouser?
              Thanks for the compliment. I've thought about it but with my thighs not being thin, I don't think the tapered pants look very good on me. If my thighs were skinnier, I'd probably give it a shot.

              Comment


                Since I don't have much to share in the way of clothing today, I figure as a tribute to my wonderful wife I'd post a WIAT - What I Ate today.

                For lunch she made some sort of cheese ravioli (the ravioli was not from scratch) with meat and potatoes on top. Then for dessert tonight she made me the apple pie that I've been bugging her for the last week or so.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by alan View Post
                  The past couple of days, I've just popped in and jocked BB's look so that I don't have to put any effort into figuring out what I'm going to wear. :-)
                  That's what I'm talking about! The power of WIWT!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    My outfits are conservative compared to what most of you guys wear. I worry that they come across as boring compared to the outfits worn by more stylish dressers such as yourself.


                    I wear brighter colors than you, but there's no way I'm more stylish.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                      BB, I'd like to be a more regular poster than I am. Normally, it's business that stops me, but sometimes it's the fact that I feel my outfits are too boring to share. I too enjoy taking inspiration from the looks here, even the "boring" ones, so I know that shouldn't stop me.
                      Yeah, boring is good, too. If everybody only shares their peacocking pics, then we'll just have a peacocking arms race and all of us will be fired for dressing like Buzz Bissinger at work.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                        I wear the stormtrooper suit most days, and even when it's interesting for me, likely not nearly as nice for you guys. Also, I rotate essentially 3-4 suits Mon-Fri (two pair of slacks per suit, so I spread the workday love) -- embarassinggggg.

                        Also, I wear non-skinny ties (3 and 1/8th to 3 and 3/4ths inch). The Horr-rruhhh.
                        Maybe we need a "conservative business dress" thread? I'd be interested in that, too.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Carl Sagan View Post
                          Question about your jackets: Do you normally get them tailored or is this fit straight off the rack? I'm curious to know since you always nail the fit of your blazers.
                          Thanks. The J Crew Ludlow and Thompson ones fit very well off the rack for me (44L); the only issue is that the sleeves are always a bit long (as they still are in this chino one here). They're usable off the rack, but they look much better after shortening. I have one at the tailor's now, and I'll bring another one next month. Most of my suits come from J Crew Factory, and a couple summer ones from the real J Crew, for this very reason. All other jackets I have are thrifted or eBayed, so some of them don't work out in the end but it's not a big deal to just donate them back.

                          I do suggest that, if you find a line of jackets that fit you really well off the rack, just keep going back. It's hard to find a line that does, so don't reinvent the wheel. I'd actually prefer wider lapels and a bit higher button stance, but those are insignificant compared to a good fit.

                          Comment


                            Looks delectable, Vicious. I say we start a food porn thread. (Not like that...)

                            EDIT: ok, I just realized how to reply to more than one post at one time. I'll stop clogging up the interwebs with my single replies...

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by BB View Post
                              Maybe we need a "conservative business dress" thread? I'd be interested in that, too.
                              I don't think separating them would be a good idea. If I wore a suit everyday, I'd certainly post pics of it in here. I'd rather post pics of me wearing that over jeans and a tshirt.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                I don't think separating them would be a good idea. If I wore a suit everyday, I'd certainly post pics of it in here. I'd rather post pics of me wearing that over jeans and a tshirt.
                                Good point. By the way, nice hat. I forget where you posted those pictures, but I thought it looked great. I'm getting mine in the mail tomorrow, so I'll be sure to reciprocate.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X