Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenneth Cole DIY-unlined grey pincord (suit jacket that I'm wearing as an odd coat) thrifted
    Zegna cotton-linen pink shirt, eBay
    JCrew linen pants, web clearance
    Bostonian suede loafers, thrifted

I'm kind of proud that the whole ensemble cost less than $100 total.

Comment

Thanks, fellas, for the feedback yesterday (red, white and blue). I'm getting more comfortable with the red LE belt. I wished when I first thrifted it that it was a different, more neutral color; but it's probably good to have in the mix for the splash of color. Red is not what I'd call neutral, but it should hopefully help with some of my otherwise more boring combos.

Vicious, I also really dug that new BR striped belt you wore the other day, and yep, I had it on my list, but haven't snagged anything from there in a little bit. It looks great though, especially since it has the navy, with the beige (right?), and the dark brown leather all in one. Very versatile for a web/material belt. Cool!

BB, I like the idea of the Stafford wingers with that other outfit much better than the Sperry's. Like I said, I get the desire to rock the top-siders - I have been going sockless in loafers of varying types (pennies, drivers, boat shoes) as much as possible myself. Regardless, you looked very smooooooooove, per usual.
      Last edited by yoyorobbo; June 27, 2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        I know I'm just nit-picking, but "corded" is a general term. It doesn't do a very good job of explaining the gauge. It could still be correctly applied to sweat-inducing corduroy. I think the term you're looking for is "pincord". Pincord is often misidentified as seersucker because both are lighter and both tend to be striped. However, neither seersucker nor pincord must be multi-colored.
        Well said. I didn't belabor the difference and just used what he wrote because I didn't want to make a big of a deal with it. But, if one were searching for it, using the proper term of pincord would probably be more successful.
        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

^ oh yeah, I meant to thank y'all for that little discussion/explanation too. I *think* I got it now, in case I see something on sale or thrifting. I *almost* snagged the seersucker-ish swim trunks from JCrew the other day, but they were kinda pushing the envelope for me. I could use some "pincord" shorts though - so yeah, good stuff Maynard!

Comment

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2gvsl0i.jpg

gingham shirt - express
            silk knit tie - thetiebar
            1" tie bar - thetiebar
            watch - fossil
            chinos - target (bought this awhile back, they had a different shade of blue went I checked yesterday)
            belt - dad's old belt that he had laying around.. haha
            chukkas - target (online only, I believe)

Comment

Looks great, Tan. Nice job getting the pieces right for the tie-sans-jacket look. Sharp fit.

Comment

Ok, listen up: I know for a fact that almost every one of the hundreds of people looking at this site wear clothes every day.* Usually Robbo, Vicious, Shomas and I post here, some like Alan and Sigtweed are off and on, and some guys only every now and again. But today I'm beginning to suspect that Tan and I are alone in trying to make the most of a dog day of summer. What keeps people from sharing what they chose to wear today? I like these sorts of threads because they give me ideas. But I recognize that the procedure of taking pics and posting them is a barrier to entry for some. Are there other reasons you don't show yourselves more often?

*bruschetta, at least, may or may not be wearing clothes given the day of the week; I believe it is Wednesdays that he gives his wardrobe a mid-week break, but I could be wrong about that.

Comment

I post when I feel like I'm wearing something interesting. As it stands, though, I have a HUGE dry cleaning pile so I haven't had much to work with. You'll start seeing more, though.

Comment

I'd better, or I'm going to send an email to your wife and tell her that your laundry problem is getting in the way of our website here.

No, I'm not trying to call anybody out -- I'm actually just interested in the reasons, if people care to share them. (Thanks for sharing yours.)

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                      Ok, listen up: I know for a fact that almost every one of the hundreds of people looking at this site wear clothes every day.* Usually Robbo, Vicious, Shomas and I post here, some like Alan and Sigtweed are off and on, and some guys only every now and again. But today I'm beginning to suspect that Tan and I are alone in trying to make the most of a dog day of summer. What keeps people from sharing what they chose to wear today? I like these sorts of threads because they give me ideas. But I recognize that the procedure of taking pics and posting them is a barrier to entry for some. Are there other reasons you don't show yourselves more often?

*bruschetta, at least, may or may not be wearing clothes given the day of the week; I believe it is Wednesdays that he gives his wardrobe a mid-week break, but I could be wrong about that.
                      My outfits are conservative compared to what most of you guys wear. I worry that they come across as boring compared to the outfits worn by more stylish dressers such as yourself.

Wednesdays and national holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                        I post when I feel like I'm wearing something interesting.
                        Same.

I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt today. I really wouldn't mind taking a pic of it and sharing, but I figure no one wants to see a pic of something as boring as that. So on days like today, I skip it.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                          I'd better, or I'm going to send an email to your wife and tell her that your laundry problem is getting in the way of our website here.

No, I'm not trying to call anybody out -- I'm actually just interested in the reasons, if people care to share them. (Thanks for sharing yours.)
                          She usually handles the dry cleaning since it's near where she works. But it's right next to the place where we take our dog for grooming so we'll be stopping by this coming Saturday. Got three suits and a couple of jackets on deck.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            My outfits are conservative compared to what most of you guys wear. I worry that they come across as boring compared to the outfits worn by more stylish dressers such as yourself.

Wednesdays and national holidays.
                            I actually appreciate your looks. I'm all for the casual stuff, but I need some variety! I can only take so many polos!

Comment

BB, I'd like to be a more regular poster than I am. Normally, it's business that stops me, but sometimes it's the fact that I feel my outfits are too boring to share. I too enjoy taking inspiration from the looks here, even the "boring" ones, so I know that shouldn't stop me.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                                I too enjoy taking inspiration from the looks here, even the "boring" ones, so I know that shouldn't stop me.
                                The past couple of days, I've just popped in and jocked BB's look so that I don't have to put any effort into figuring out what I'm going to wear. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X