This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BB View Post
    Shomas, I like that look a lot. Buffalo check is the next gingham. And I love the Jello Biafra reference.

JCrew chino suit jacket that I'm wearing as an odd jacket, and that doesn't look orphaned
    Thrifted blue Oxford
    Thrifted blue chinos
    Sperrys

Going for more contrast today.
    Very nice! I wear my chino suit jacket as a separate, too. In fact, Maybe I'll just wear what you're wearing today so I don't have to think about it. :-D

Comment

Shomas making me brush-up on my google-fu again. Not the biggest DK fan here (although I do recall a few slam-dance debacles to their tuneage at my HS dances back in tha day), so the name reference blew (right past) my mind.

BB made me google "Buffalo check" too. You guys... always schoolin' me. Thanks for that, actually.

Now for the looks:

Shomas, those pants look like a really *cool* Summer option. When you said "corded" I thought of "cords" - which seem sweat-inducing to me. But I think I now get it. I'll have to keep those on my radar. Trying to hold off on purchases - but man, it's tough when I keep seeing crap I want. Ugh.

BB, I like the contrast in this one better than the other day's getup; but truthfully I thought that one looked good too. Only thing that I think might look a *touch* better here (and there, too) would be maybe some dressier (yet still casual) loafers. I love my Sperrys too, but you dress so damn nice all of the time, that the boat shoes are kinda throwing me, at least based on the pics. I don't mean to be over-critical or whatever - like I said, the look is great! - just something a little off that I'm feeling with those top-siders, that's all, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        I'm not accustomed to seeing you without a jacket. It's blowing my mind.
        THIS
        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by fey View Post
          i'm wearing junk today, again. beater loafers, beater pants. why? because it keeps raining damnit! how am i supposed to enjoy all my nice leather soled shoes if every day has a good chance of torrential thunderstorms... this summer isn't very good.

Ugh, you poor soul.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
            Shomas making me brush-up on my google-fu again. Not the biggest DK fan here (although I do recall a few slam-dance debacles to their tuneage at my HS dances back in tha day), so the name reference blew (right past) my mind.

BB made me google "Buffalo check" too. You guys... always schoolin' me. Thanks for that, actually.

Now for the looks:

Shomas, those pants look like a really *cool* Summer option. When you said "corded" I thought of "cords" - which seem sweat-inducing to me. But I think I now get it. I'll have to keep those on my radar. Trying to hold off on purchases - but man, it's tough when I keep seeing crap I want. Ugh.

BB, I like the contrast in this one better than the other day's getup; but truthfully I thought that one looked good too. Only thing that I think might look a *touch* better here (and there, too) would be maybe some dressier (yet still casual) loafers. I love my Sperrys too, but you dress so damn nice all of the time, that the boat shoes are kinda throwing me, at least based on the pics. I don't mean to be over-critical or whatever - like I said, the look is great! - just something a little off that I'm feeling with those top-siders, that's all, bud.
            Corded is like...seersucker light. Texture but still a light crisp fabric. Great for summer, if you can find a nice pair of corded cotton pants they are a great summer option, especially in a light beige or maybe light cement gray. 2 out of the big 3 (BR/Gap) usually have some about this time of year and if you play the sale game you can get in at a low investment if you want to try them out.

Comment

Just now realized that I'm employing a kinda-sorta 4th of July outfit a good solid week early. Doh! Ah well, may as well then just preemptively proclaim, here's to "the red and white and starry blue! (...and cognac)"

Polo: Lacoste (thrifted)
              Belt: LE (thrifted) - "Made in England" - Can I still wear this on Independence Day?
              Chinos: Dockers
              Shoes: Mercanti Fiorentini
              Watch: Rotary
              Scent: D&G

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                Corded is like...seersucker light. Texture but still a light crisp fabric. Great for summer, if you can find a nice pair of corded cotton pants they are a great summer option, especially in a light beige or maybe light cement gray. 2 out of the big 3 (BR/Gap) usually have some about this time of year and if you play the sale game you can get in at a low investment if you want to try them out.
                I know I'm just nit-picking, but "corded" is a general term. It doesn't do a very good job of explaining the gauge. It could still be correctly applied to sweat-inducing corduroy. I think the term you're looking for is "pincord". Pincord is often misidentified as seersucker because both are lighter and both tend to be striped. However, neither seersucker nor pincord must be multi-colored.

Comment

Just now realized that I'm employing a kinda-sorta 4th of July outfit a good solid week early. Doh! Ah well, may as well then just preemptively proclaim, here's to "the red and white and starry blue! (...and cognac)"

Belt: LE (thrifted) - "Made in England" - Can I still wear this on Independence Day?
                  Looking good! I like it all.

Comment

Debatable on 4th of July wearing an English belt. Pretty much ANY other country of origin, fine...

Good look though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                      Yes, it's kind is a JV squad seersucker. And Alan is right-pincord's a better description. There's a JCF Thompson in pincord that's pretty great. I actually bought one recently and would be picking it up from the tailor today if I wasn't unexpectedly diverted to LA. So it'll have to wait about a week, but I'm sure ill post a pic relatively soon.

Comment

Cologne guy, this is great. It'd be bumped up to excellent if a pair of socks were thrown into the mix.

Comment

Robbo - I've mentioned it before but I do like that belt.

The pants aren't photographing well but it's a really light brown linen color. It's a light brown with some white threads woven in so it's showing up as gray in the pics.

Comment

I love my Sperrys too, but you dress so damn nice all of the time, that the boat shoes are kinda throwing me, at least based on the pics. I don't mean to be over-critical or whatever - like I said, the look is great! - just something a little off that I'm feeling with those top-siders, that's all, bud.
                            Thanks, that's a good point. The structured jacket and boat shoes are probably too far removed in formality. It would have looked better with the Stafford wingtips...

Comment

Vicious, this looks nice, but that polo yesterday was like a bespoke shirt.

Comment

Robbo, love the shoes and the pants.

Comment

Working...
                                X