This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I wanted to go with my brown suede Neumoks as I think the darker shoes provided a better contrast but the wife thought they took attention away from my outfit so I went with the BR bucks instead. I just got these bucks in blue suede (I had them last year but they were .5 size too large so I recently sold them) but I might send them back. I have a lot more shoes now than I did at the same time last year so I don't think I'll get as much use out of them this go around.

pretty much the entire outfit is BR
    Vicious, this looks great. Most of your shirts hide your upper body, but that polo shows it off and it's a tremendous improvement. It makes you look manly and muscular.

Comment

bruschetta has a man crush. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
        Given how much Joe has raved about them, I tried them on in store the other day. The fit was decent, but I couldn't stand the feel. It was almost too smooth; it almost felt fake. It kinda reminded me of what football jerseys feel like. That's just me though. I liked their vintage/textured polos much better.
        I have a couple of their "Vintage T" polos, which are a poly/cotton/rayon(I think) blend. I like those quite a bit too, as they are more of a soft cotton t-shirt feel. Are those the ones you like, BJ?

The luxe-touch ones certainly are a different (almost *silky*) feel, but I think they are nice for a more "dressed-up" sort of polo application. Think under a blazer/SC, or with a Summer suit. Those darn collars a killin me though.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          Vicious, this looks great. Most of your shirts hide your upper body, but that polo shows it off and it's a tremendous improvement. It makes you look manly and muscular.
          Vicious, I would definitely agree with this assessment. Frankly, based on the fit of your other shirts compared to this polo, I thought you had a different body shape.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
            You should wear this every day. Hell, you should see if you can license this photo to BR. I don't even usually like tucked-in polos, but this is just perfect.
            It would certainly be better than the Asian guy they had doing the suits last year where it was clearly a size too large and the sleeves were too long on him. Not sure why they don't do alterations on some of those things for their models.

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
            Agreed on both parts.

That polo fits you perfectly. Which one is it, Vicious? I ask because I have a few of the luxe-touch ones, which fit me (IMO) very nice and slim, and the feel is really nice - but man, the collars on those flip up like crazy! Just curious if this one of those, and if so are you experiencing the collar-flip/curl too?
            Not sure exactly which one it is since I got it last year towards the end of summer when it was on clearance. I don't have an issue with the collar on this one as much as I do on their pique polos

Did you notice I finally got that belt that we both had our eye on?

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
            Vicious, I would definitely agree with this assessment. Frankly, based on the fit of your other shirts compared to this polo, I thought you had a different body shape.
            Yeah, I don't think my 'drop' is as severe as some people here, but most shirts are usually tight on my chest and still loose in the waist. That's why on the salmon colored shirt I posted a few days ago, someone commented that it looked a bit snug in the chest. Not much I can do about it unless I start custom tailoring everything which would cost me a lot more money and then would be a real pain in the rear if I gained a few pounds and could no longer wear them.

I did start lifting again a few days ago because my wife commented that my arms were starting to look small. But 10 minutes of dumbbells a day for the last 3-4 days shouldn't have a very big effect on anything.

Comment

Just logging in to say DAMN, Vicious, that's a great look on you.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
                Just logging in to say DAMN, Vicious, that's a great look on you.
                Agreed. You need to find some more of those polos.

Comment

Very hot day. This is how I faced it:

Shirt and pants: J Crew Factory
                  Shoes: BR
                  Watch: Omega/J Crew strap

Comment

Very hot day. This is how I faced it:

Shirt and pants: J Crew Factory
                    Shoes: BR
                    Watch: Omega/J Crew strap
                    I'm not accustomed to seeing you without a jacket. It's blowing my mind.

Comment

Ha, I was the one that said the shirt looked snug across the chest Vicious. I think Shomas has the same issue above. Not much you guys can do, just the way shirts are cut for fat Americans. Just looks like the chest buttons are struggling.

Shomas are those Bedfords?

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                        I'm not accustomed to seeing you without a jacket. It's blowing my mind.
                        If it's in the 90's and humid, I'm not wearing a jacket. Also, I like blowing minds. I'm kinda Jello Biafra-esque like that.

Comment

Originally posted by zmac View Post
                          Ha, I was the one that said the shirt looked snug across the chest Vicious. I think Shomas has the same issue above. Not much you guys can do, just the way shirts are cut for fat Americans. Just looks like the chest buttons are struggling.

Shomas are those Bedfords?
                          I agree, actually. I sized down to a small because these linen shirts are cut a bit generously. Then I fell off the diet wagon a bit. Happens.

I honestly don't remember if they are Bedford pants or not. They're something that was on sale last summer in a corded cotton and they are pretty great in the heat. Kind of a "I'd like to be wearing seersucker, but i can get away with this" fabric. Whatever model it is, it's a "classic" fit rather than tailored or something else. Seems to work OK here.

Comment

If it's in the 90's and humid, I'm not wearing a jacket. Also, I like blowing minds. I'm kinda Jello Biafra-esque like that.
                            Same weather here. I tried that linen shirt on during a 50% off sale but decided the pattern was too big for my tastes.

Comment

Shomas, I like that look a lot. Buffalo check is the next gingham. And I love the Jello Biafra reference.

JCrew chino suit jacket that I'm wearing as an odd jacket, and that doesn't look orphaned
                              Thrifted blue Oxford
                              Thrifted blue chinos
                              Sperrys

Going for more contrast today.

Comment

i'm wearing junk today, again. beater loafers, beater pants. why? because it keeps raining damnit! how am i supposed to enjoy all my nice leather soled shoes if every day has a good chance of torrential thunderstorms... this summer isn't very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X