Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the pic, I see what what you mean. If it was any more than $5 I definitely would have returned it. I figure if I get to wear it twice a year, I've gotten my money's worth out of it.

Comment

You could try rolling the sleeves once or twice. I've seen a lot of short-sleeved shirts being sold this way recently.
      Ben

Comment

Light brown and light grey: I like this even though it probably looks a bit washed out.

BR linen cotton jacket (eBay)
        J Crew linen pants (eBay)
        J Crew Ludlow shirt (eBay -- to those asking yesterday, it is a bit long, but I'm 6.3 so it fits me perfectly)
        Sperrys

Comment

BB - Maybe it's the lighting, but I'm not liking that belt with the rest of the outfit. Way too dark for those shoes.

Ben - I'll give it a try next time I wear the shirt.

Comment

BB, I like the top half, and dislike the bottom half. The outfit needs more contrast. What make is the watch?

Comment

@BB: Unfortunately, I have to agree with bruschetta. The outfit would benefit from having more contrast. That could come from the top or the bottom, though. I'm not going to say one is right and the other is wrong.

Comment

Great advice -- thanks all. Sounds like I could use a navy jacket with the grey pants or navy pants with the brown jacket, right?

Comment

Grey and brown? I thought they were two different shades of tan. :-) Both of the combos you mentioned above are solid, though.

Comment

I wanted to go with my brown suede Neumoks as I think the darker shoes provided a better contrast but the wife thought they took attention away from my outfit so I went with the BR bucks instead. I just got these bucks in blue suede (I had them last year but they were .5 size too large so I recently sold them) but I might send them back. I have a lot more shoes now than I did at the same time last year so I don't think I'll get as much use out of them this go around.

pretty much the entire outfit is BR

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      I wanted to go with my brown suede Neumoks as I think the darker shoes provided a better contrast but the wife thought they took attention away from my outfit so I went with the BR bucks instead. I just got these bucks in blue suede (I had them last year but they were .5 size too large so I recently sold them) but I might send them back. I have a lot more shoes now than I did at the same time last year so I don't think I'll get as much use out of them this go around.

pretty much the entire outfit is BR
                      You should wear this every day. Hell, you should see if you can license this photo to BR. I don't even usually like tucked-in polos, but this is just perfect.

Comment

Great fit on the polo Vicious. I like the bucks too; I think the fit the casual feel of the outfit more than the Neumoks would.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          Great fit on the polo Vicious. I like the bucks too; I think the fit the casual feel of the outfit more than the Neumoks would.
                          Agreed on both parts.

That polo fits you perfectly. Which one is it, Vicious? I ask because I have a few of the luxe-touch ones, which fit me (IMO) very nice and slim, and the feel is really nice - but man, the collars on those flip up like crazy! Just curious if this one of those, and if so are you experiencing the collar-flip/curl too?

I may need to look into those polo collar stays... ugh. Either that or they're going to find themselves moving ever slowly and steadily to the back of the closet.

Re the suede bucks: I have them in navy, and yes they are SO big! I stepped down to an 11 (I measure an 11.5, but wear 11s in many *dress* shoes. Even that was too big, so I quickly returned them and went with 10.5. It probably didn't help that I like to wear them sockless, so even the 10.5 is borderline there for me. I love them, though. So casual and comfortable. Some sockless-worn bucks are too stiff and rough on the ankles, IMO. These seem to be much nicer for that.
                          Last edited by yoyorobbo; June 25, 2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                            That polo fits you perfectly. Which one is it, Vicious? I ask because I a few of the luxe-touch ones, which fit me (IMO) very nice and slim, and the feel is really nice
                            Given how much Joe has raved about them, I tried them on in store the other day. The fit was decent, but I couldn't stand the feel. It was almost too smooth; it almost felt fake. It kinda reminded me of what football jerseys feel like. That's just me though. I liked their vintage/textured polos much better.

Comment

Bruschetta, the watch is a "Breed" chronograph. I know nothing about watches, but I got this for $75 or so from a sale Joe posted last fall, and I'm happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                                Given how much Joe has raved about them, I tried them on in store the other day. The fit was decent, but I couldn't stand the feel. It was almost too smooth; it almost felt fake. It kinda reminded me of what football jerseys feel like. That's just me though. I liked their vintage/textured polos much better.
                                I have a couple of polos like that so I nkow what you mean. It took some getting used to.

Comment

Working...
                                X