This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
    Alright, to take some heat off yesterday, here is today =)

Merona tailored OCBD
    " " Chinos
    JCF belt
    Croft & Barrow boat shoes
    Buh-bam! There it is! Looks great Andrew. That OCBD is nice one you. I couldn't find a happy medium (err...) size wise with those when I tried them on a year or so back. I was caught between a M and a L. A lot of Target/Merona stuff is that way for me. I should try again soon, as I have cut a little weight (nothing like your accomplishment) and those are a great bargain, IMO.

LOL on the whole wife worries - I think quite a few if us here have similar issues with adding clothes/shoes/etc. I've been trying to (start to) adopt a more "lean wardrobe." But man, it ain't easy! I keel telling myself that a number of my goods are/were "transition" items - in the learning journey, as it were. We're all at different stops along that road, but generally moving in the right direction, right? LOL

Anyway, the while getup looks great, dude.

Comment

I don't know how you guys can leave the house with these huge gaps in your oxfords. Just wear bluchers if you are so enamored with gaps.

For real though, I never noticed the gap issue with oxfords before. But now I'm going to try on all my oxfords to see if they have gaps and maybe replace the ones that do.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo
        LOL on the whole wife worries - I think quite a few if us here have similar issues with adding clothes/shoes/etc. I've been trying to (start to) adopt a more "lean wardrobe." But man, it ain't easy! I keel telling myself that a number of my goods are/were "transition" items - in the learning journey, as it were. We're all at different stops along that road, but generally moving in the right direction, right? LOL
        Thanks, man!
        Lean wardrobe is the goal. And really, aside from some more shoe options, I think I'm pretty close on all the basics, casual and dress pants, casual and dress shirts, etc..got a pretty good rotation. I'm mostly in to things being wants and not needs, which will be good for the bank account. Although I'm looking towards fall .......

Originally posted by Focuspants
        Much better look! The shirt fits better, the colours work well, I like. As for the shoe issue with the Mrs. man do I feel you haha. I chose to buy a lot at once to make it more like tearing off a bandaid than peeling it off slowly :P I went from having a pair of running shoes, 1 pair of black dress shoes and a pair of boat shoes pre dappered to having 4 pairs of AE's, 3 boat shoes, bucks, desert boots, suede wingtips, etc... etc... very fast. This forum is dangerous!!!!
        Thanks! It's not that I've got a ton of options in my current style rotation, but I've got a lot of Air Jordans that do a fair amount sitting these days...

A good pair of black lace ups were definitely needed, I'll just pair 'em better next time!

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
          Thanks, Greg. Way to be a pal. Stick the knife right in the gut and give it a twist. No mincing of words, or softening the blow for a buddy.
          Ha.. yes, the problem with posting concisely from the phone.. For AEs they look like hell. And I figured it was the saddle soap. Could waterproof them and have them be somewhat rain resistant beater shoes.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Trying out a new belt I got during the MrPorter sale.

shirt - JCrew
            pants - Bonobos
            shoes - AE Neumok

Comment

Like that belt. Shirt looks a tad snug across your chest. So tempted to pick up a pair of those neumoks, just wonder if they would get much wear from me.

Comment

I feel pretty lucky. I'm honest with my wife about what I buy, and I also don't overspend to the point that I ever get us in trouble. And I think because of that, her attitude basically is that neither of us should feel guilty for wanting and buying nice clothes, as long as we can afford it and as long as we don't hide our purchases from one another.

We talk to each other about our "wants" and "needs," and even make lists, with each other's input, so that we can keep on track when we hit the J. Crew b&m together.

She's also the holder of the high-limit J. Crew card, so it is in my best interest to play it straight with her.
                Last edited by Duvel; June 24, 2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Been busy for a while, but I am back on a normal schedule again. Here I am wearing a pinstripe odd jacket (of sorts)...

JCrew seersucker
                  Zegna linen-cotton shirt (eBay)
                  JCrew chinos (eBay)
                  Sperry
                  Saddleback

Comment

WIWY(esterday): Didn't wish to upload a(nother) gigantic-rez pic directly from my phone yesterday, so waited until today on the work PC. Simple polo+shorts deal for a super-warm Summer day.

Polo: BR (thrifted)
                    Belt: JCF
                    Shorts: Original Penguin
                    Shoes: Sperry
                    Watch: Seiko (started the day with my recently-thrifted vintage Tissot, but the goofy/sucky stretch band on it pinched my wrist, so swithced to the Seiko)
                    Scent: Creed

Comment

As I said, I haven't had much time to check on this thread the last couple of weeks, but it was humming for a while, wasn't it? Did my seersucker frighten everyone away?

Robbo, that is a good weekend look.

Comment

Got the shirt for less than $5 from LandsEnd.

shirt - LE
                        pants - BR
                        shoes - Jack Purcells

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
                          As I said, I haven't had much time to check on this thread the last couple of weeks, but it was humming for a while, wasn't it? Did my seersucker frighten everyone away?

Robbo, that is a good weekend look.

Ha! I liked it, but I think seersucker might have that "hush falls over the crowd" effect around here. I posted an outfit featuring a seersucker jacket last week to similar response (although, mine was a tad bit louder overall). I'm surprised at how un-linenish that shirt looks. Is it just the camera or have you found a linen blend that just doesn't have that linen texture?

Comment

I've been following. I've just been very busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                              Ha! I liked it, but I think seersucker might have that "hush falls over the crowd" effect around here. I posted an outfit featuring a seersucker jacket last week to similar response (although, mine was a tad bit louder overall). I'm surprised at how un-linenish that shirt looks. Is it just the camera or have you found a linen blend that just doesn't have that linen texture?
                              Ok, so I dug through the archives and found your seersucker from last week, and it looked great. Fit well, nice pairing with the tie. You should flaunt that thing.

The Zegna shirt is great. It does have a bit of that linen-ish texture, but it's 70% cotton so it holds its shape much better than pure linen. And I think it's just as breezy and it dries just as fast as linen does. It does, however, have a bit of that linen scratchiness to it. I don't mind, but I bet a lot of people would. And, yes, it does get some wrinkles by the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                                I've been following. I've just been very busy.
                                Same here. Finally getting settled into our new digs after about a week. Hopefully I'll be able to start contributing some pics this week.

@Vicious-- I'm not really digging that shirt. The body fits ok, but the sleeves look too long. I think it would look better if the sleeves ended around mid-bicep (similar to robbo's pic above).
                                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
                                X