X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross-laced Vans, Sig? Really...?

Comment

Casual-ing it today. Mother in law got me another Express polo. They fit me better than any other polos but I'm still not happy about their logo being so prominent on it. Went with the olive Purcells to give the outfit some color. Not sure if that worked in this case or not.

Comment

My Allen Edmonds McNeils look awful after a year of regular wear. I will not be resoling them; I'd have tossed them already if they weren't so comfortable. The rest of my AE's show minimal wear.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post

My Allen Edmonds McNeils look awful after a year of regular wear. I will not be resoling them; I'd have tossed them already if they weren't so comfortable. The rest of my AE's show minimal wear.
          If I remember, you said you followed AE's recommendation and used Saddle soap on them, right?

I think that was what did it. I have a pair of the Elgins, and a newly aquired pair of the Kiowas, both from the Rough collection. Using the conditioner cleaner has been a winning strategy for me, and both are in great condition.

Comment

Vicious, I've never seen green Chucks (?) before. I like them.

Ben, you're being overly sensitive. That being said, I like the suit, shirt, and shoes. The belt buckle looks slightly out of place, but I kind of like it in the context of a suit.

Sigtweed Corduroy, I like the (new?) watch.

Cologne guy, I may steal that look from you. Looking great. I'm also on the lookout for an inexpensive summer blazer, but I'm looking for a charcoal or navy option.

Jeff4, I used the saddle soap once, then swore off it. I've been using the conditioner/cleaner ever since. I even used Saphir Renovateur on it a couple of times to see if it'd help the leather recover.
            Last edited by bruschetta; June 21, 2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Re the advice/commentary tip, I feel that sometimes due to the concept that what a person *types* vs what they might really *mean* (or how they meant to "say" it) is very easily misconstrued in forums, emails, and text messages (to name a few methods).

In a case such as the one we have here (Fred's *suggestion(s)* to LBD), I don't see any thing at all wrong with Fred offering some advice on what he sees as something that might be addressed with a couple options. Now, LBD is certainly his own man (as we all are here), and if he doesn't care to follow those, or if he doesn't even agree with there being anything to address, then obviously he has every right to that stand.

No harm no foul here, folks... nothing to see... move along.

But yes, as Idle put it, if poster-B is downright rude or offering no potentially helpful comments to poster-A, then what's really the point, poster-B? Let's all help each other out, when appropriate. Nothing wrong with suggestions like Fred's above. Now that LBD has made it pretty clear that he doesn't share the same view, I think it's kinda over, right?

That being said - LOL - I think balmorals look WAY better tightly closed, with bar-lacing. *I* think so. Doesn't make it right. But it's my opinion.
              Last edited by yoyorobbo; June 21, 2013, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Vicious, I've never seen green Chucks (?) before. I like them.
                They're Jack Purcells, but close enough. I got them during the 1st round of the recent Mr.Porter sale.

Can you get a close up of your shoes? It's hard to see the damage in that pic. I still don't think saddle soap damaged them. I've used it a few times on my McTavish' and haven't noticed any ill effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                  They're Jack Purcells, but close enough. I got them during the 1st round of the recent Mr.Porter sale.

Can you get a close up of your shoes? It's hard to see the damage in that pic. I still don't think saddle soap damaged them. I've used it a few times on my McTavish' and haven't noticed any ill effects.

Comment

Yep. Those look like hell. I am not a saddle soap fan either
                    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      Cross-laced Vans, Sig? Really...?
                      Haha!
                      "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Sigtweed Corduroy, I like the (new?) watch.
                        Thanks! It's a new/old watch, had it for years but haven't worn it much in the last year or two as it has some mechanical issues and I haven't had the inclination to send it back to Switzerland and spend $300 to get it fixed. It works ok now, just thought I'd mix it up but its a phenomenal watch, I love it.
                        "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Good god. Was it that one treatment of saddle soap that started this deterioration? Makes me thankful I've never tried it on any of my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                            Back to my favorite blazer/SC. It's still pretty darn warm around here, but my little girl has a vocal performance/recital tonight (it's a very casual/informal one, thus the jeans and no-socks), and I'm heading there straight from work, so figured WTH... blazerize! Here's hoping they have the A/C on.

On that note, still on the look-out for an *affordable* (trying to watch the dough spent even more so these days) Summer blazer option. Anything you guys REALLY like that you'd recommend?... on the cheap, that is. I've been thrifting for one, but all they ever seem to have in that department are big, baggy, oversized '90s types. Not looking to go all Arsenio Hall (again), ya'know?

Blazer: BR
                            Shirt: BR
                            Pocket square: Original Penguin
                            Belt: BR (thrifted)
                            Jeans: Bonobos
                            Shoes: TBNY
                            Watch: Orient
                            Scent: Creed
                            That pocket square is a winner! And I don't just say that because I have a nearly identical one (mostly).

Comment

For whatever it's worth, I expect critiques, advice, brickbats, etc. when I post a photo here. That said, I'm happy y'all are mostly pretty diplomatic about criticism (there are even some times that I suspect you fellers are holding back - but maybe that's just my natural self consciousness whispering in my ear).

What's truly unnerving is silence. Posting a photo that's received with *crickets* can hose my whole week.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                                For whatever it's worth, I expect critiques, advice, brickbats, etc. when I post a photo here. That said, I'm happy y'all are mostly pretty diplomatic about criticism (there are even some times that I suspect you fellers are holding back - but maybe that's just my natural self consciousness whispering in my ear).

What's truly unnerving is silence. Posting a photo that's received with *crickets* can hose my whole week.
                                I expect the same. I got a lot more criticism in the past. Not as much anymore. Which I guess means I'm improving.

I only comment on posts in here if there's something I really like or dislike that I haven't seen before. Most of your pics or like Robbo's above, even though I like them, they are not out of the ordinary for you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X