X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm casual day off!

shirt/shorts: JCF
    boat shoes: american eagle (got them for 18 bucks, no branding on them nothing. pretty sweet!)

Comment

This is today's action. It's a pretty warm day, much of it in the office, with a detour to my daughter's preschool for their "spring sing." Figured it's a decent opportunity to bust out some seersucker (without going fully Colonel Sanders):

Jacket: Bonobos
      Shirt: J Crew
      Pants: J Crew Factory
      Shoes: Grenson
      Tie: The Knottery
      Tie bar: The Tie Bar
      Pocket square: vintage

It's a little flashy, maybe, but what the hell...

Comment

Boring old casual day at the office; return of the gold chinos, part deux.

Shirt: Everlane Oxford
        Pants: LEC
        Shoes: JCrew
        Watch: Orient
        Belt: JCF

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post

Those pants should come with their own Batman TV show-styled sound effect like "BLAM!" :-) I like the look.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
            Here's me today. I wear what I want; Texas weather be damned.

This outfit started with the shoes. I don't give my black wingtips enough love. I'm really liking the navy blazer + light grey pants look.

Blazer: BR
            Shirt: Gap
            Square: Tie Bar
            Pants: Bar III
            Socks: BR
            Shoes: AE McAllister
            I'm reeeeally liking that jacket, and the socks are fun, too.

Comment

Title: Cowboy meets Mad Men
              Shirt: Brooks Bros
              Tie/Tie Bar: The Tie Bar
              Jeans: Gap
              Shoes: Robert Wayne

"Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                Title: Cowboy meets Mad Men
                Shirt: Brooks Bros
                Tie/Tie Bar: The Tie Bar
                Jeans: Gap
                I like it. The shoes and the tie, especially. I think it would look even better with a jacket, though I recognize that it may be a bit hot for that. Maybe something like this would work: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=409805002

Comment

It's been a while. Madras is amazing for summer days.

Shirt: Express
                  Pants: H&M

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                    I like it. The shoes and the tie, especially. I think it would look even better with a jacket, though I recognize that it may be a bit hot for that. Maybe something like this would work: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...&pid=409805002
                    Thanks! Yeah, too hot for a jacket, plus I am uber-picky on blazers. That linen blazer is really sharp though. I have nice navy pinstripe blazer in linen and cotton from Brooks Bros, it's about all I ever wear blazer-wise.
                    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Have been looking for a mustard pair of pants for the last 6 months or so. I don't remember LEC having them! Wish they were still offering that color.

Originally posted by DerekH View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        andrewlcraft, the second pic you posted is also (mostly) great. I can't get on board with those shoes (sorry), but the rest looks simple and well-done. There's not a lot to it, but it works and I assume if you are in a place where shorts are newly banned, you're the best-dressed on there by a mile. Also, I think you should err on the side of tucking in your shirts if there is ever the slightest doubt. You're shaped well for it.
                        Thanks!

The shoes are not great. I consider them a placeholder until I get a better casual black pair w/rubber soles, and they are perfect for drizzly Oregon days.
                        I Ebay'd a pair of black AE Weybridges, but they might end up being a tad dressier than I want/need for work and leather soles. We'll see.

On the weekend, I am almost always untucked. It's my small rebellion to the work week. At least thanks to this place, my casual shirts now fit right =)

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy
                        These I dig.

Comment

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post
                          Have been looking for a mustard pair of pants for the last 6 months or so. I don't remember LEC having them! Wish they were still offering that color.
                          Yeah, I got em about a year ago. Looks like that color isn't stocked anymore. You could try these, though: http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/mens-5...ml?sku_0=::15Y

Or check out the "Melted Caramel" color in these jcrew broken in chinos (they offer this color in a couple other pants too; bowery for one): http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/p...9488/19488.jsp

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                            Warm casual day off!
                            shirt/shorts: JCF
                            boat shoes: american eagle (got them for 18 bucks, no branding on them nothing. pretty sweet!)
                            I bought the same shoes with the 40% off codes and like them for the price. Also grabbed their wingtips, which should work well for bar hopping, etc. where they can get beat up and not bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                              Good and buzzed on Saturday while the wife was kind enough to BBQ for me for father's day:

JCF linen shirt
                              JCF gramercy shorts

And remembered to snap a pic today while at work. I feel like it's been pretty basic lately at work, but oh well. The socks made the outfit:

Merona Ultimate
                              JCF linen/cotton bedfords
                              The Tie Bar socks
                              the beater Steve Maddens

Great look all around (fit, color combination, and the right clothes for the right setting) but the shoes have to go.
                              Try a light shade of brown (walnut, etc) to match the summer biz casual outfit.

Comment

Pretty cool out this morning, so a blazer will get some play, at least for a while
                                The pics pretty washed out, but the sleeve looks like that because yes, it has elbow patches.

Detail. It's like a sweater weight wool, unlined except for the sleeves and upper back.

BR blazer
                                JCF oxford
                                BR jeans
                                Sketchers

Comment

Working...
                                X