This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    Believe me, I understand. The phrase "dude. You have a problem" is heard rather frequently around my house. That said, my wife does like that I try to look good and will help where she can.
    My most recent shoe purchase also included a pair for her. She didn't have a single question or negative remark. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
      My most recent shoe purchase also included a pair for her. She didn't have a single question or negative remark. Go figure.
      Every couple purchases I try and add on an item for her as a surprise. It lessens the chance of me hearing in a deadpan tone "Wow, another blue shirt/tie/blazer. Don't you already have that?"

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
        Every couple purchases I try and add on an item for her as a surprise. It lessens the chance of me hearing in a deadpan tone "Wow, another blue shirt/tie/blazer. Don't you already have that?"
        My most recent comment received was something along the lines of, "I thought you said your last pair was the last pair?"

Comment

So it's safe to assume your picture is you with your new "roomate"

Comment

Ha! That's what my wife refers to as our "fur kid", Roxy. She's awesome. My wife took that shot in our home studio.

We assign ourselves (small) monthly allowances so that we don't have to report to each other for things like clothing. She may think I have too many shoes, but it's not impacting our finances so I'm not doing anything to get me in trouble. That, and her recent gift (out of my allowance) is quite a doozy.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
              Presumably, as your wife, she's already seen the packages.
              I laughed at this. Yes, I am 10 years old. Carry on...
              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                This. Turn things into a shopping trip for her where you happen to pick up a couple things for yourself.

Comment

A bit late with todays pic. T-shirt and linen pants.

Comment

Good and buzzed on Saturday while the wife was kind enough to BBQ for me for father's day:

JCF linen shirt
                    JCF gramercy shorts

And remembered to snap a pic today while at work. I feel like it's been pretty basic lately at work, but oh well. The socks made the outfit:

Merona Ultimate
                    JCF linen/cotton bedfords
                    The Tie Bar socks
                    the beater Steve Maddens

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      Looks good! Dig the shoes.
                      Tis the season for linen! Shorts are newly off limits at work, so my replacement has become linen pants and no-show socks to keep the airflow going.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewlcraft View Post
                        Good and buzzed on Saturday while the wife was kind enough to BBQ for me for father's day:

JCF linen shirt
                        JCF gramercy shorts
                        Loving those Nantucket Red Grammercy shorts, I have the same pair. Looks great with the linen shirt as well.

Comment

This is great, Vicious. Simple, clean, well-coordinated colors without being too fussy. Really excellent

andrewlcraft, the second pic you posted is also (mostly) great. I can't get on board with those shoes (sorry), but the rest looks simple and well-done. There's not a lot to it, but it works and I assume if you are in a place where shorts are newly banned, you're the best-dressed on there by a mile. Also, I think you should err on the side of tucking in your shirts if there is ever the slightest doubt. You're shaped well for it.

Comment

Here's me today. I wear what I want; Texas weather be damned.

This outfit started with the shoes. I don't give my black wingtips enough love. I'm really liking the navy blazer + light grey pants look.

Blazer: BR
                            Shirt: Gap
                            Square: Tie Bar
                            Pants: Bar III
                            Socks: BR
                            Shoes: AE McAllister

Comment

Thanks Shomas.

Good luck with that BJ. Your temps are in the 90's right now. I know I wouldn't be wearing a blazer. I was there 7-10 days ago and I wore shorts or linen pants for most of my stay.

Comment

Good luck with that BJ. Your temps are in the 90's right now. I know I wouldn't be wearing a blazer. I was there 7-10 days ago and I wore shorts or linen pants for most of my stay.
                                Luckily I have a thermostat in my office. I can pretend it's 70º

Comment

Working...
                                X