This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
    Pocket square: Crate & Barrel (it was a napkin my wife trimmed into a PS for me)
    Hats off to Mrs. Shomas! My wife is an avid sewer/crafter with a large fabric collection. She just recently let me peruse her fabric collection and pick out a few pieces that she can make homeade squares from. She's excited to contribute to my style/clothing fixation and is much more excited about doing that than swapping out blazer buttons.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
      Hats off to Mrs. Shomas! My wife is an avid sewer/crafter with a large fabric collection. She just recently let me peruse her fabric collection and pick out a few pieces that she can make homeade squares from. She's excited to contribute to my style/clothing fixation and is much more excited about doing that than swapping out blazer buttons.
      Most of the style conversations with my wife usually come after a purchase and start with the words, "I'm sorry, but..."

Comment

Shomas, I like that outfit. Nice work. PS: I also like the pocket square.

Alan, I like your most recent outfit as well.
        Last edited by bruschetta; June 17, 2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
          Most of the style conversations with my wife usually come after a purchase and start with the words, "I'm sorry, but..."
          Hmm...this sounds all too familiar

Comment

I'm with you there. I think I remember someone on the forum a while back saying how they had to start having their UPS driver start hiding packages in the bushes so they could bring them inside at a more opportune time. I've just recently started having things delivered to my office.

Comment

^^
              Vicious haha

Comment

Yes, that was me. Or he'll text me when he has a big box that he thinks might get me in trouble and tell me where he left it. We've done other stuff where he'll leave it on the porch and she thinks I just went outside to discuss sports with him. Then when she goes to use the bathroom, I'll pick it up and go hide it in my office real quick. It's pretty entertaining. My wife thinks we live in a sitcom and refers to me as Doug Heffernin (Kevin James from King of Queens).

Comment

LOL, Vicious! There's a whole UPS-themed thing going on at your place then, eh? I mean isn't the KJ character actually the delivery guy in that show? LOL Funny stuff, man. I can picture you speeding from the door to your office crystal clear. I wonder if it's because I've done something similar? Hmnnn... nawwww, not me. Never! Well... there's that one time...

Comment

Polo + chinos once again. It's officially Summer (at least according to my wife and kiddos), so it's probably gonna be like this more often than not.

Polo: Express (thrifted)
                    Belt: BR
                    Chinos: BR
                    Shoes: Mercanti Fiorentini
                    Watch: Rotary
                    Scent: Creed
                    Bag: Jack Spade

*Auditioning* a new laptop bag. I think I'm diggin' it - we'll see. Just pretending (read: POSING) with it in the "home office" at this point, as I don't want to officially use it (and/or abuse it), in case I decide to opt for a return. Anyone have good or bad things to *personally* report about Jack Spade gear?

Oh yeah, one more thing... Happy Monday! Ugh.
                    Last edited by yoyorobbo; June 17, 2013, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Believe me, I understand. The phrase "dude. You have a problem" is heard rather frequently around my house. That said, my wife does like that I try to look good and will help where she can.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        LOL, Vicious! There's a whole UPS-themed thing going on at your place then, eh? I mean isn't the KJ character actually the delivery guy in that show? LOL Funny stuff, man. I can picture you speeding from the door to your office crystal clear. I wonder if it's because I've done something similar? Hmnnn... nawwww, not me. Never! Well... there's that one time...
                        Yes, on the show KJ is the delivery guy. She means I'm like him in that I'm always scheming in trying to get away with something. Which is generally true.
                        Speaking of the wife, she will be back to tomorrow. Which means I'll have my photographer back. It also means that I'll have to go back to finding creative ways to keep her from knowing about the packages.

Comment

I find the idea of hiding a purchase from your significant other to be distasteful and financially irresponsible. Perhaps that's an idea for a new thread: How to Deceive Your Spouse. Do we have a volunteer to start it?
                          Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          Speaking of the wife, she will be back to tomorrow. Which means I'll have my photographer back. It also means that I'll have to go back to finding creative ways to keep her from knowing about the packages.
                          Presumably, as your wife, she's already seen the packages.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                            Genius!
                            "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                              Is it Friday yet?

Sweater: J. Crew
                              Shirt: Lands End Canvas
                              Jeans: Naked & Famous
                              Boots: Cole Haan
                              Sunglasses: Tom Ford
                              Scent: Creed Aventus
                              Love the yellow sweater, especially paired with the denim shirt. This is a perfect example of how a bold color can be thoughtfully worn and isn't overwhelming.
                              "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                                I find the idea of hiding a purchase from your significant other to be distasteful and financially irresponsible. Perhaps that's an idea for a new thread: How to Deceive Your Spouse. Do we have a volunteer to start it?
                                Presumably, as your wife, she's already seen the packages.
                                Yes, she eventually finds out. The 1st time I put it on, she'll know it's new. It's more of a challenge to see if I can get it in the house without her knowing about it.

Also, I'm not trying to hide what I buy, it's just that she freaks out over the packages. Here's an example of what I mean. While she was away, I saw a good price on RE sunglasses at STP. I've never tried them on in person so I ended up ordering 6 pairs and figured I'd keep the one that fit and send the rest back. Or send all back if none of them looked good on me, so essentially I might keep 1 pair of glasses. She doesn't understand that though so I hide the packages and tell her about the stuff I actually kept.

The way I see it if I ordered 3 items and kept 1, I really bought 1 item since there won't be any charges for the other 2 in a week or so when the refund goes through. So rather than concerning her with the 2 items I sent back, I get the package, try on a few things and then tell her about what I kept. It's just easier that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X