X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dun
    replied
    Originally posted by TMann View Post
    Ah. Wow. I've been fortunate to have only attended a few funerals in the last several years. But I'm at the age when my parents and my friend's parents are getting into their 80's, so I suspect that I'll be attending more in the next several years.

Except for funerals, I have no need for a formal black tie, so I purchased this one a few years back:

https://www.thetiebar.com/product/33524

It's not fancy, but it looks nice and it was inexpensive.
    Oh I had to get a purple one of those for a wedding. Maybe I’ll just do that. Need to worry about other bills more. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Dun View Post
    Agreed. But this is the 4th funeral within the year of owning this suit and I’d like to have a nice tie before it’s a close relative

Ah. Wow. I've been fortunate to have only attended a few funerals in the last several years. But I'm at the age when my parents and my friend's parents are getting into their 80's, so I suspect that I'll be attending more in the next several years.

Except for funerals, I have no need for a formal black tie, so I purchased this one a few years back:

https://www.thetiebar.com/product/33524

It's not fancy, but it looks nice and it was inexpensive.

Leave a comment:

• Dun
    replied
    Originally posted by TMann View Post
    Wouldn't worry about the tie for today. At the last funeral I went to, most of the men were NOT in black and seemed to be in regular business attire. Nothing flashy, of course, but the practice of wearing a black/grey suit and a black/grey tie seems to have gone by the wayside.
    Agreed. But this is the 4th funeral within the year of owning this suit and I’d like to have a nice tie before it’s a close relative

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post

Levi's jacket
    INC shawl collar sweater (thin)
    Gap jeans
    Frye suede captoes
    Nandyn, you have a great collection of outerwear. Maybe it's a Seattle thing; we're never NOT wearing a jacket of some sort, so you it's worth it to splurge on some nice jackets.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Dun View Post
    The Black Lapel mtm for work related funeral. I still need to get a decent black neck tie. Thrifted AEs

Yay for pooping in bracers and shirt stays
    Wouldn't worry about the tie for today. At the last funeral I went to, most of the men were NOT in black and seemed to be in regular business attire. Nothing flashy, of course, but the practice of wearing a black/grey suit and a black/grey tie seems to have gone by the wayside.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X