Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIWT

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Casual Friday with highs hitting triple digits.




    Polo: Penguin
    Pants: JCP
    Shoes: AE Amok

    Comment


      Been awhile since I've posted here myself. Random day a couple weeks ago I think. It decided to be rather cold that day, despite being June (or late May..).



      Sweater: Zara
      Shirt: JCP OCBD



      Pants: LEC
      Socks: Express (I think)
      Shoes: eBayed cordovan longwings
      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

      Comment


        Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
        Casual Friday with highs hitting triple digits.

        Polo: Penguin
        Pants: JCP
        Shoes: AE Amok
        Looking good in a Mad Men sort of way.

        Comment


          It's been getting pretty casual around here. I think I may need to suit up next week.

          Comment


            Been awhile for me too. And yes, the casual train is about to continue.

            Hopefully this outfit works. I bought this shirt from JCF a few months back but realized I really don't know what to pair it with.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Mikey View Post
              If you look at my WIWTs (which are getting quite few and far between... SO busy), you'll note that I almost already roll up my sleeves (because I have slim arms and a very trim silhouette, it splits the silhouette, makes the biceps look bigger, and also hides the bagginess of the sleeves if they're not particularly slim.) I do it a lot like you're describing:

              http://stylegirlfriend.com/style-gir...-shirtsleeves/

              I can't stand below the elbow though; not comfortable, functional, or practical. Trying too hard to appear un-tryhard.
              I find I like to vary it a bit. It depends on the shirt and how I'm wearing it, what I'm doing. I find that if I'm going very casual with my shirt tails out, I like the sleeves a little below the elbow, for instance. Sometimes the roll above the elbow feels a little too "trying hard" contrived, especially if it is too neat. When I roll above the elbow, I do like to leave the cuff sticking out.

              Comment


                Originally posted by alan View Post
                Looking good in a Mad Men sort of way.
                Thanks, dude. That's the retro look I was going for when I found that polo. Not sure why, but I'm really drawn to the 60s/70s look with polos. I feel like it's making a bit of a resurgence too (see Uniqlo and Banana Republic).

                Comment


                  Did some church shopping this morning.



                  JCF jacket, Stafford shirt, BR tie, Macy's tie bar, Target PS, MT Silversmiths belt, Alpha khakis, Fratelli Rossetti wingtips, Hamilton watch.

                  Couldn't really get a knot I liked out of the tie, at least not one that fit well with the largeish collar. Double-wrapped four in hand (pictured) was too small but the Nicky knot I tried was too bulky.
                  Last edited by LesserBlackDog; June 16, 2013, 02:58 PM.
                  Ben

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                    Did some church shopping this morning.



                    JCF jacket, Stafford shirt, BR tie, Macy's tie bar, Target PS, MT Silversmiths belt, Alpha khakis, Fratelli Rossetti wingtips, Hamilton watch.

                    Couldn't really get a knot I liked out of the tie, at least not one that fit well with the largeish collar. Double-wrapped four in hand (pictured) was too small but the Nicky knot I tried was too bulky.
                    Looking good!

                    Comment




                      JCF soft wash shirt
                      JCP shorts

                      Comment


                        OK, I'm gonna throw myself to the wolves here. Been reading this and other sites for a long time but just now started to accumulate the money to start buying a new wardrobe. This is one of my first attempts (ever) at dressing well. BR shirt, Levi 501s, Clarks Bushacres.



                        Give me your criticisms. The jeans are a dark blue wash, not black like the picture might make it seem. Sorry, it's just the crappy iPhone camera.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by azsundevil View Post
                          OK, I'm gonna throw myself to the wolves here. Been reading this and other sites for a long time but just now started to accumulate the money to start buying a new wardrobe. This is one of my first attempts (ever) at dressing well. BR shirt, Levi 501s, Clarks Bushacres.



                          Give me your criticisms. The jeans are a dark blue wash, not black like the picture might make it seem. Sorry, it's just the crappy iPhone camera.
                          Great casual look. Clean and simple. I like it. Welcome to the forum. I feel your pain in the money side. I have to slowly build my wardrobe too because I don't have the money to get everything all at once. I think that can be a good thing though. It gives you time to think about your purchases and can help you make less mistakes.

                          Comment


                            Thanks for the encouraging words Teej. I took another picture after digging out my nice camera (Canon EOS 350) but I can't figure out how to edit it into my original post (I'm not seeing an "Edit" button), so here it is:



                            Shows a heck of a lot more detail than the iPhone camera.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by azsundevil View Post
                              Thanks for the encouraging words Teej. I took another picture after digging out my nice camera (Canon EOS 350) but I can't figure out how to edit it into my original post (I'm not seeing an "Edit" button), so here it is:



                              Shows a heck of a lot more detail than the iPhone camera.
                              Looks great! the shirt and jeans look like they fit well.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by NYCToon View Post
                                Looks great! the shirt and jeans look like they fit well.
                                I agree 100%.

                                This is me today:

                                Jacket: BR
                                Shirt: Uniqlo
                                Pants: J Crew Factory
                                Shoes: AE
                                Pocket square: Crate & Barrel (it was a napkin my wife trimmed into a PS for me)
                                Watch: Omega/J crew strap

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X