Jeans: Naked & Famous
    Boots: Cole Haan
    Sunglasses: Tom Ford
    Scent: Creed Aventus

Comment

Kept it basic today for work:

Merona Ultimate
      BR wool
      Steve Madden wingtips that are great beater work shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
        @ Shomas, that Pierrpont Hicks tie is nails. I really dig their stuff.
        Thanks! I agree. It's funny: it's probably my highest quality tie, but being gingham seersucker, it's pretty casual. Makes finding places to wear it a bit of a challenge (not a bad challenge to have, mind you).

Comment

They are always a part of a very cool men's pop up shop that goes around the country (Northern Grade -- check it out if it comes to your city, absolutely excellent). Really nice guys and made me want to drain my bank account on every single one of their ties.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
            They are always a part of a very cool men's pop up shop that goes around the country (Northern Grade -- check it out if it comes to your city, absolutely excellent). Really nice guys and made me want to drain my bank account on every single one of their ties.
            You're not kidding about draining the bank account. I picked this one up on sale from Gilt. I'll definitely keep an eye out for Northern Grade. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

A question about rolling up sleeves (bear with me): First, I commend all those who roll up to or past the elbow. As it should be! I have noticed that everyone does this very neatly--that is, the roll is very neat and clean. My question is, has anyone experimented with what I would call an artfully disheveled roll-up?

I never do the clean-looking rolls. Instead, I do sort of a half roll up and then push the sleeve up past my elbow. It leaves the sleeve ends exposed, jutting from the roll, and to me, it looks sort of nonchalant, not trying too hard--at least not trying too hard to look neat. You see this a lot in the J. Crew modeling, for example. Sort of like this: from current J. Crew catalog

I also find myself these days going for something just below the elbow.

Any thoughts?
              Last edited by Duvel; June 13, 2013, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                Thanks! I love the contrast stitching on them. Fit is awesome too. You might want to check the clearance or sale racks. Thats where I found mine. I got them for $22 I think(?)
                Stopped there yesterday - no luck on a markdown on those jeans, at least at my local JCP. The Claiborne slim-fit khaki suit was marked down to $50 ($30 for the jacket, $20 for the pants) - not bad - but I passed. Trying to draw the ol' purse strings a little tighter - must - resist - sales.

So why did I stop there then? Good question. Actually I need a new swimsuit. Was gonna check out that JCP retro-looking one - but it was nowhere to be found in-store. Ugh. Tried a similar Stafford one (white and blue bar-striped) - not a fan.

Anyway, more than you ever cared to know. Again, nice jeans - nice look all-around, bud.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post

Scent: Creed Aventus
                  Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! I can almost smell it. Almost. Good call. Top notch fragrance. My current #1.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                    Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! I can almost smell it. Almost. Good call. Top notch fragrance. My current #1.
                    Thanks! I like it a lot too. Although it gives me random cravings for Pina Coladas...

Bumming it today.

Jacket and shirt: Club Monaco
                    Jeans: Naked & Famous (wearing these as much as possible to break them in)
                    Boots: Clark's
                    Belt: Lacoste
                    Scent: Burberry London

Oh hey, no J. Crew today!

Comment

Thanks! I like it a lot too. Although it gives me random cravings for Pina Coladas...

Bumming it today.
                      LOl! If you really want to get all cocktail-y with your scents, check out Creed Virgin Island Water (VIW), with it's coconut, lime, and rum - a tad suntan-lotion-ish, but definitely Summer in a bottle. Also check out a cheapie ($20 max for a 3.4oz/100ml at Marshalls/TJMaxx) by Tommy Bahama: Set Sail St. Barts: more of a margarita kinda vibe - similar in some ways to VIW, but with a heavier lime, and a tequila note, in place of the rum.

You might think I'm joking (OK, I'm a couple Sazerac Ryes on the rocks in), but I'm serious. Another pricier option is Bond No.9's ... ohh.. what is it.... Coney Island. Yeah, that's the ticket! Similar (to me, at least) to TBSSSB (LOL) - that margarita mix kinda vibe - but supposedly with some additional caramel and maybe chocolate? notes. Dunno. It's nice, but a little too much for me (only have a bon-bon sample vial).

OK, I've babbled-on too long - this should have been in the "wutz dat stank" thread, right, LOL

Regardless, thanks so much for playing along with the "scent/fragrance" deet. I know a lot of fellas here couldn't care less, but I really dig it.
                      Last edited by yoyorobbo; June 13, 2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Bumming it today.
                        Oh crud, I forgot:

"Bumming it" - OK, Foodie. LOL

Re wearing the jeans multiple times in WIWT shots: I get ya. I *think* I did the same thing with my (still-)new Bonobos inky selvedge jeans. Gotsta get 'em to mold to your body, right?

Re London: Nice scent for sure. Although for me (and many other fragheads, online at least) it's "Christmas in a bottle." I had some and only wore it during the Thanksgiving/Christmas-time of year. I made the mistake (for me, at least) of wearing some on an early-Fall field trip for my son's school/class to an outdoor wilderness park sorta thing. It was still too early in the season and it got very warm - so that scent kinda overpowered me. It's a really nice scent, but IMO, ya gotta watch the application.

Again, nice to see the interest in scents. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          Going for the tie-sans-jacket look today, which I haven't done in a while. I tried to keep everything casual so it didn't look like I was missing my blazer.

Shirt: Target
                          Tie & clip: Tie bar
                          Pants: JCP
                          Shoes: AE Randolph
                          This look is nails. In the last couple of years, I've stayed away from the tie without jacket look, but with the knit tie here, I think it works. Love to loafers too. I swore I was finished buying shoes... maybe just one more...

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                            A question about rolling up sleeves (bear with me): First, I commend all those who roll up to or past the elbow. As it should be! I have noticed that everyone does this very neatly--that is, the roll is very neat and clean. My question is, has anyone experimented with what I would call an artfully disheveled roll-up?

I never do the clean-looking rolls. Instead, I do sort of a half roll up and then push the sleeve up past my elbow. It leaves the sleeve ends exposed, jutting from the roll, and to me, it looks sort of nonchalant, not trying too hard--at least not trying too hard to look neat. You see this a lot in the J. Crew modeling, for example. Sort of like this: from current J. Crew catalog

I also find myself these days going for something just below the elbow.

Any thoughts?
                            If you look at my WIWTs (which are getting quite few and far between... SO busy), you'll note that I almost already roll up my sleeves (because I have slim arms and a very trim silhouette, it splits the silhouette, makes the biceps look bigger, and also hides the bagginess of the sleeves if they're not particularly slim.) I do it a lot like you're describing:

http://stylegirlfriend.com/style-gir...-shirtsleeves/

I can't stand below the elbow though; not comfortable, functional, or practical. Trying too hard to appear un-tryhard.

Comment

LOl! If you really want to get all cocktail-y with your scents, check out Creed Virgin Island Water (VIW), with it's coconut, lime, and rum - a tad suntan-lotion-ish, but definitely Summer in a bottle. Also check out a cheapie ($20 max for a 3.4oz/100ml at Marshalls/TJMaxx) by Tommy Bahama: Set Sail St. Barts: more of a margarita kinda vibe - similar in some ways to VIW, but with a heavier lime, and a tequila note, in place of the rum.

You might think I'm joking (OK, I'm a couple Sazerac Ryes on the rocks in), but I'm serious. Another pricier option is Bond No.9's ... ohh.. what is it.... Coney Island. Yeah, that's the ticket! Similar (to me, at least) to TBSSSB (LOL) - that margarita mix kinda vibe - but supposedly with some additional caramel and maybe chocolate? notes. Dunno. It's nice, but a little too much for me (only have a bon-bon sample vial).

OK, I've babbled-on too long - this should have been in the "wutz dat stank" thread, right, LOL

Regardless, thanks so much for playing along with the "scent/fragrance" deet. I know a lot of fellas here couldn't care less, but I really dig it.
                              Thanks for the suggestions! VIW sounds really nice, I'll definitely try to get a sample of it when I'm by NM this weekend.

Oh crud, I forgot:

"Bumming it" - OK, Foodie. LOL

Re wearing the jeans multiple times in WIWT shots: I get ya. I *think* I did the same thing with my (still-)new Bonobos inky selvedge jeans. Gotsta get 'em to mold to your body, right?

Re London: Nice scent for sure. Although for me (and many other fragheads, online at least) it's "Christmas in a bottle." I had some and only wore it during the Thanksgiving/Christmas-time of year. I made the mistake (for me, at least) of wearing some on an early-Fall field trip for my son's school/class to an outdoor wilderness park sorta thing. It was still too early in the season and it got very warm - so that scent kinda overpowered me. It's a really nice scent, but IMO, ya gotta watch the application.

Again, nice to see the interest in scents. Well done!
                              Every time I wear them, they feel slightly softer and more contoured. Progress is slower that I would like though!

I totally agree that London is a wintery scent. I think I only grabbed it this morning because it matched my jacket lol. Most of my frags are cool weather ones I think. I have Bulgari Aqua and YSL L'homme, can those be worn in warm/hot weather?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff4 View Post
                                This look is nails. In the last couple of years, I've stayed away from the tie without jacket look, but with the knit tie here, I think it works. Love to loafers too. I swore I was finished buying shoes... maybe just one more...
                                Thanks! I liked it a lot too.

Gotta get some loafers! I bought those Randolphs last summer, but didn't really start feeling comfortable in them until a couple of months ago. They've become my go-to shoes in hot weather (so, the whole year here in TX).

Comment

Working...
                                X