This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alan View Post
    Happy Monday everybody... (And I mean that with as much sarcasm as I can muster.)

Jacket: HF - navy birdseye (thrifted)
    Shirt: Roundtree & Yorke - blue/white pinpoint
    Pants: BB - tan wool
    Shoes: Alden - shell cordovan tassel loafers (ebay)
    Belt: Daniel Cremieux - black/brown reversible croc print
    Sunglass: Persol
    Watch: Bulova (wedding gift)
    Daaaaamn. This is nice. Especially the shoes (and I'm not even usually a fan of tassel loafers). Are you wearing loafer socks with those? If so, do they show at all (I can tell if they are a little visible or not) and what brand?

Comment

Nice looks all. Especially loving this recent fit Alan. Boss.
      Pic from casual friday I delayed posting until today. Pretty basic. I am loving the Claiborne slim fit off white jeans I picked up at JCP when I was in Florida.

shirt-LEC
      pants-Claiborne slim fit
      shoes-LE suede desert boots

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
        Daaaaamn. This is nice. Especially the shoes (and I'm not even usually a fan of tassel loafers). Are you wearing loafer socks with those? If so, do they show at all (I can tell if they are a little visible or not) and what brand?
        Muchas gracias! I'm wearing the Journeys loafer socks. They show only very slightly in the cut-aways for the tongue, but they're black so they're not very noticeable. With enough tugging, I could probably make them dissappear entirely. I own black and white sets depending on the shoes I'm wearing.

Comment

Back home from Texas. This is a WIWT from a few days ago when I was still down there.

shirt - JCF
          pants - BR
          shoes - AE Neumoks in snuff suede
          watch - Omega PO2500

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            Back home from Texas. This is a WIWT from a few days ago when I was still down there.

shirt - JCF
            pants - BR
            shoes - AE Neumoks in snuff suede
            watch - Omega PO2500
            This is totally solid. I'm envious of the perfect color match between your belt and shoes.

Comment

This is me today:

Suit: JCF
              Shirt: Neiman Marcus
              Tie: Pierrpont Hicks
              Tie bar: the Tie Bar
              Shoes: AE
              Watch: Timex/J Crew strap

Comment

Thanks Shomas. I think the lighting makes it seem like a better match than it actually is.

Nice suit. Is that the Warby Parker glasses you were talking about in the other thread?

Is it just me or has this place been dead lately? Since I've gotten back from my vacation I haven't seen very many posts on the forum in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Focuspants View Post
                  I am loving the Claiborne slim fit off white jeans I picked up at JCP when I was in Florida.

shirt-LEC
                  pants-Claiborne slim fit
                  shoes-LE suede desert boots
                  Really like the look and fit of those jeans, Focus. I wonder if they're still available at my local JCPs. Hmmn...

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                    Muchas gracias! I'm wearing the Journeys loafer socks. They show only very slightly in the cut-aways for the tongue, but they're black so they're not very noticeable. With enough tugging, I could probably make them dissappear entirely. I own black and white sets depending on the shoes I'm wearing.
                    I bought some of those Journeys no-shows last year -and yes, they were the *least* "show" of any of my no-shows - but man, did mine shrink the eff up in the laundry. They're almost unwearable for me now. Did you notice that at all with your Journeys, Alan?

Comment

A simple polo & chinos kinda day:

Polo: Apt.9
                      Belt: BR (thrifted)
                      Chinos: Dockers
                      Socks: Esprit (I *think*)
                      Chukkas: J&M
                      Watch: Orient
                      Scent: CK

I fear my love affair with these particular suede J&M Runnells sadly may be short-lived; after one a few wearings too. I seem to have mis-sized them a tad. Ugh.

Same thing with the Dockers "modern khakis" chinos here (close to a D1 fit, I *think*). I have lost a little weight recently - not much, but just enough to make these a bit loose too. Double-ugh.

Heck, looking at the pic, I guess the polo is a little baggy too. Usable, I think, but certainly not very "slim-fitting."

It's time for a major closet clear-out.

Comment

It's the only non-rainy day for the entire week, so of course the strands have to come out today

Jcrew shirt, gap pants.

Went to lunch and noticed this guy looking at me weird but didn't think anything of it. Then I realized he was wearing strands too and felt less special

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                          Really like the look and fit of those jeans, Focus. I wonder if they're still available at my local JCPs. Hmmn...
                          Thanks! I love the contrast stitching on them. Fit is awesome too. You might want to check the clearance or sale racks. Thats where I found mine. I got them for $22 I think(?)

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                            This is me today:
                            Suit: JCF
                            Shirt: Neiman Marcus
                            Tie: Pierrpont Hicks
                            Tie bar: the Tie Bar
                            Shoes: AE
                            Watch: Timex/J Crew strap
                            @ Shomas, that Pierrpont Hicks tie is nails. I really dig their stuff.
                            "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Going for the tie-sans-jacket look today, which I haven't done in a while. I tried to keep everything casual so it didn't look like I was missing my blazer.

Shirt: Target
                              Tie & clip: Tie bar
                              Pants: JCP
                              Shoes: AE Randolph

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                Thanks Shomas. I think the lighting makes it seem like a better match than it actually is.

Nice suit. Is that the Warby Parker glasses you were talking about in the other thread?

Is it just me or has this place been dead lately? Since I've gotten back from my vacation I haven't seen very many posts on the forum in general.
                                Thanks. Those are actually my trusty everyday-wear Shuron Sidewinders. I love these things to an almost unreasonable degree. The Warby Parkers are sunglasses. I probably should have just gotten these same frames with tinted lenses, but I wanted to switch things up a bit.

Seems like the posting volume has picked up a bit today. I'm in the middle of nutso work mode so I know I've been around a bit less than usual lately. If others have been similarly absent, I hope it's because of fun things like vacation and such rather than 12 hour workdays.

Comment

Working...
                                X