This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roklobster View Post
    Thanks guys. Yes I did get them during that sale. I think AE made RL are of better quality and style than standard AEs. Let's hope they keep making shoes for RL and including them in the Shoebank sales haha.
    Burning jealousy!

Comment

@Acousticfoodie, thanks for the information! How are you liking the oil finish on that one? I read around online, and apparently some people complain that it actually feels wet to the touch, and leaves a residue on anything it touches, at least until broken in. Is that true? I like the look, but that puts me off, so I'm thinking of their Ranch Jacket instead. The design is very similar, except this is tin cloth and has a lining, and is supposedly pretty warm to boot. Anyone know anything about it, or tin cloth in general?

The good thing about not having money to waste is I can't impulse buy things I like, lol.

Comment

Very simple today... I pulled BARBRI double-duty yesterday so I could spend today at the lake.

Target v-neck tee, Chubbies shorts, Converse sneakers, Ball watch, Tilley hat (more functional than stylish).
        Ben

Comment

Shomas, you've been posting consistently good outfits as of late.

BenR, I never expected to see a picture of you in shorts with a Ball on display.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
            Very simple today... I pulled BARBRI double-duty yesterday so I could spend today at the lake.

Target v-neck tee, Chubbies shorts, Converse sneakers, Ball watch, Tilley hat (more functional than stylish).
            I dig the watch!

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Tell me about the shoes! Those look like Jack Purcells. What color? And where'd you get the laces?

Comment

They look like off white chucks with leather laces.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                  BenR, I never expected to see a picture of you in shorts with a Ball on display.
                  Well done sir, well done.
                  Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by dapperedcpa View Post
                    Tell me about the shoes! Those look like Jack Purcells. What color? And where'd you get the laces?
                    Originally posted by zmac View Post
                    They look like off white chucks with leather laces.
                    Zmac's got it... they're off white Chucks with leather laces from Target. Technically they were optic white Chucks at one point, but I dyed them with some leftover brown dye and then bleached the heck out of 'em to get them to off white. The "unbleached white" Chucks are surprisingly difficult to track down for less than full MSRP.
                    Ben

Comment

I scored some unbleached white chucks last weekend but I had to pay around $50 for them. They are hard to find, period, at least in real b&m stores. I grabbed them.

Comment

Not sure of the difference between unbleached white and off-white, but they have off-white (natural?) chucks at some local Marshalls for $25. Maybe not the hue guys are after, but possibly worth a look.

Comment

Happy Monday everybody... (And I mean that with as much sarcasm as I can muster.)

Jacket: HF - navy birdseye (thrifted)
                          Shirt: Roundtree & Yorke - blue/white pinpoint
                          Pants: BB - tan wool
                          Shoes: Alden - shell cordovan tassel loafers (ebay)
                          Belt: Daniel Cremieux - black/brown reversible croc print
                          Sunglass: Persol
                          Watch: Bulova (wedding gift)

Comment

Very loud today, figured I'd give it a go on a Monday. Threw my face in to try and top Alan, btw the pinpoint button, like that much better than the typical oxford fabric ones.

Last edited by shad0w4life; June 10, 2013, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Alan - Always loove a good pair of Tassel loafs and those Aldens are a great find. congrats!

Comment

@shad0w4life: I'm pretty sure your pecs top my face. :-P Nice square, BTW.

@NYCToon: Thanks. I plan to start wearing them more, but I'm considering sending them back to Alden for reconditioning.

Comment

Working...
                                X