Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirt: Brooks Brothers (thrifted - Made in 'merica - "... [email protected]#$ yeah!")
    Belt: BR
    Jeans: Bonobos
    Socks: Gold Toe Auro
    Shoes: Dexter (also thrifted - also Made in 'merica - also "... [email protected]#$ yeah!")
    Watch: Rotary
    Scent: Creed

Aside from the watch, the cologne (parfum), the socks and the underwear (not shown, sorry - I mean, you're welcome), sportin' USA-made goods today. Again, not leading a charge or anything. Just trying from time to time to be a little more thoughtful about it.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      LOL - Well, alllllllllright! Can't speak to that one, personally. My only Tom Ford is Tobacco Vanille, which is awesome; but I only wear it in the cooler (mostly *colder*) months. Enjoy your long weekend, doooooooode.
      I'm not a fragrance connoisseur or anything, but this is my favorite scent that I own. I also ordered some samples of Creed Aventus but they came in those glass vials without the spray head. Do you know of any travel sized atomizers that you would recommend? I looked on amazon and it seems like most of them have some problem with leaking or have difficulty filling them.

Great shoes, by the way. I am insanely jealous of all of you that can find nice stuff that thrift stores.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
        I'm not a fragrance connoisseur or anything, but this is my favorite scent that I own. I also ordered some samples of Creed Aventus but they came in those glass vials without the spray head.
        Yeah, I got an Aventus sample too. I got a bunch of Tom Ford samples as well but not Noir. Saving the discussion for Yoyo's new fragrance thread ...

Comment

That's a great mac, I could never find stuff like that. Every time I go, it's just rows and rows of smelly square toed rubber soled shoes, shirts with hideous patterns or weird stains, pleated pants, etc. I've given up on the idea of me finding anything decent at a thrift store.

Anyway, really like the pattern on the sport coat too. In fact the whole outfit looks great.
          I appreciate it. As for the raincoat, I had a small shop near my office for a while that got some interesting stuff. Then, one day, it just unceremoniously closed. I know what you mean about shoes and shirts, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
            Yeah, I got an Aventus sample too. I got a bunch of Tom Ford samples as well but not Noir. Saving the discussion for Yoyo's new fragrance thread ...
            Oh, it's *onnnn*...!

Comment

I'm not a fragrance connoisseur or anything, but this is my favorite scent that I own. I also ordered some samples of Creed Aventus but they came in those glass vials without the spray head. Do you know of any travel sized atomizers that you would recommend? I looked on amazon and it seems like most of them have some problem with leaking or have difficulty filling them.

Great shoes, by the way. I am insanely jealous of all of you that can find nice stuff that thrift stores.

I ordered from perfumed court and they had the option for the spray bottle 1.5ml samples which is what I ordered.

Comment

@yoyorobbo: I didn't even know BR made belts in the US. I like the look - simple, clean and casual.

@fauxshow: How do you like that shirt? I've gone back and forth about getting something like it.

@Shomas: How long have you had those BR shoes and how are they holding up? My brother is needing a new pair, but he's not into spending AE money and he doesn't have the patience for bargain hunting... And he already does about 80% of his shopping at BR, anyway.
                Last edited by alan; June 6, 2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                  @Shomas: How long have you had those BR shoes and how are they holding up? My brother is needing a new pair, but he's not into spending AE money and he doesn't have the patience for bargain hunting... And he already does about 80% of his shopping at BR, anyway.
                  I've had them for about a year and I've been really happy with them. They are a little the worse for wear, but not too bad, especially considering that I haven't exactly babied them. I wear them a couple of times a week at least, often ride my bike 9 miles to and from work in them, and have only cleaned them once. They were definitely worth the $80 I spent on them. At this point I feel like I got my money's worth and I'm in extra value time with them.

That said, I've had super crappy BR shoes, so I think it can be hit-or-miss.

Comment

This is me today:

Jacket: J Crew Factory
                    Shirt: Uniqlo
                    Pants: J Crew Factory
                    Shoes: AE
                    Pocket Square: LEC
                    Watch: Timex/J Crew strap

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                      This is me today:

Jacket: J Crew Factory
                      Shirt: Uniqlo
                      Pants: J Crew Factory
                      Shoes: AE
                      Pocket Square: LEC
                      Watch: Timex/J Crew strap
                      I hate those shoes. They disgust me. They should be burned. If you want, you can send them to me and I'll take care of it for you. I don't mind. That's what friends are for.

Comment

@fauxshow: How do you like that shirt? I've gone back and forth about getting something like it.
                        I love my blue chambray shirts. I have two - one in a work shirt style, another in a single pocket button down collar. They work with just about anything and I wear them all the time. I also have a red and gray one, but those don't get nearly as much play.

Comment

I hate those shoes. They disgust me. They should be burned. If you want, you can send them to me and I'll take care of it for you. I don't mind. That's what friends are for.
                          Really? You'd do that for me? Thanks, man! Just PM me your address and I'll get 'em shipped out to ... hey ... wait a minute ... I'm not so sure this is on the up and up...

Comment

It's a Made in America rainy day on my front porch in Montpelier, VT. vintage Stetson 3x, Salaam Shirt, Gustin Jeans, vintage pocket square, Vintage boots. Also, not made in America Lands end nailhead oxford cloth jacket.

Comment

Chance of rain, so I'm wearing the Kiowa's again. Close-up below.

Shirt: Eddie Bauer
                              Belt: Eddie Bauer
                              Pants: Bonobos
                              Shoes: AE Kiowa

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                                That said, I've had super crappy BR shoes, so I think it can be hit-or-miss.
                                Good to know. He works for a major consulting firm so I don't think "hit or miss" is going to cut it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X