This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
    Yup, the shirt is their "ging crosby" or some such play on words in the Slim fit.

I'm also looking at throwing some money at an OCBD from Bonobos.
    Cool deal, thanks for the info and personal feedback/input. And yeah, the OCBDs that I was checking out on their site were the "Rhodes Collar" or whatever. LOL I kinda like the extra effort put into the naming. Any idea where their shirts (at least these we're talking about) are actually made? I've seen a mix of origins with their pants, at Nordy Rack, so just curious. I guess I could google it, but hey, that's takes the fun outta the convo.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
      It was more baked goods smelling.
      I would wear this. Heck, I would rub cookies under arms every morning if it wouldn't ruin the cookies. :-P

Comment

Breakin' all the rules.
        http://imgur.com/og2ov9I

Shirt: JCrew
        Socks: Happy Socks!
        Oxford: Antonio Maurizi

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
          Is the Cologne thread up yet Yoyo? Finally made my way through all those Perfumed Court decants.
          I started to reply to shad0w's comment above, in way too much detail, so I'm gonna plop that over into a reply in the new thread, as soon as I start it. LOL - You wanna know if I'm procrastinating? Let me get back to you on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
            It's finally warm enough to start rolling the sleeves up. Which works out perfectly since the Calibrate trim fit shirts fit me flawlessly except the sleeves are about 1" too short.
            Feel ya there, man. I'm wearing a Brooks Bros shirt today with which I basically *have* to roll-up the sleeves. I thrifted it, knowing full well that they were too short, but the rest fit great, so I told myself I'd just accept wearing it that way - rolled-up.

Comment

Alan, diggin' those patterns there, man. And the mac is sweet too. Thrifted, you say, eh? Even better!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                Feel ya there, man. I'm wearing a Brooks Bros shirt today with which I basically *have* to roll-up the sleeves. I thrifted it, knowing full well that they were too short, but the rest fit great, so I told myself I'd just accept wearing it that way - rolled-up.
                I have a couple of shirts that way. They just shrank over time. One in french cuffs is getting donated. The other in barrel cuffs I'm on the fence about.

Comment

Hey guys (especially mods, if you're listening), *where* should I add the new cologne thread? In "Other?"

I mean, you do *wear* it - thus the reason I list and show it in (most of) my WIWT pics - so I guess it could fall under the "Etc." in the "Clothing, Shoes, Watches, Etc." - but then again, it's not really "attire."

Comment

I'm hunting for a good linen/blend jacket still, damn monkey arms! You should give me yours, I rather like the look of it
                    Thanks! I lucked into this one during a New Years Day sale (middle of winter) for something like 75% off. However, I popped the button off while trying to take off my rain coat not 5 minutes after this picture was taken. :-P

Comment

You should probably just cut the sleeves off altogether for that sweet Joey Lawrence circa 1993 look.

Comment

Only did this for Yoyo!
                        Wearing a lovely paint thinner base cologne today(had it for years and need to make room for the sampler I ordered)

And well didn't turn on the light and took a pick
                        SS Linen Brown
                        Herringbone Sport coat
                        CT red puppy tooth shirt
                        Slidebelt Brown belt
                        And not show AE Brown brown strawfut
                        Love the square/shirt/jacket combo. The pants look slightly out of place though. Could just be that you needed to iron it.

Originally posted by alan View Post
                        Haven't been pulling my weight around here so here y'all go.

Raincoat: Aquascutum macintosh (thrifted)
                        Sport coat: HSM - cotton/linen blend
                        Shirt: Roundtree & Yorke - poplin button down collar
                        Belt: Daniel Cremieux - alligator print black/brown reversible
                        Pants: Brooks Brothers - tan wool
                        Shoes: Bronx Dekimo
                        That's a great mac, I could never find stuff like that. Every time I go, it's just rows and rows of smelly square toed rubber soled shoes, shirts with hideous patterns or weird stains, pleated pants, etc. I've given up on the idea of me finding anything decent at a thrift store.

Anyway, really like the pattern on the sport coat too. In fact the whole outfit looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                          You should probably just cut the sleeves off altogether for that sweet Joey Lawrence circa 1993 look.
                          WJWT?

Comment

Today is my Friday! Going to spend a nice three days up at Lake Tahoe.

Going for the shoeless look. :P

sweater: J. Crew
                            shirt: Lands End Canvas
                            pants: J. Crew
                            belt: Lands End
                            socks: Calvin Klein
                            shoes: Clark's
                            scent (this is for Robbo): Tom Ford Noir

Comment

Hey guys (especially mods, if you're listening), *where* should I add the new cologne thread? In "Other?"

I mean, you do *wear* it - thus the reason I list and show it in (most of) my WIWT pics - so I guess it could fall under the "Etc." in the "Clothing, Shoes, Watches, Etc." - but then again, it's not really "attire."
                              It's part of the presentation so I say put it under "Clothing, Shoes, Watches, Etc.". If they don't agree, they can always move it.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                                scent (this is for Robbo): Tom Ford Noir
                                LOL - Well, alllllllllright! Can't speak to that one, personally. My only Tom Ford is Tobacco Vanille, which is awesome; but I only wear it in the cooler (mostly *colder*) months. Enjoy your long weekend, doooooooode.

Comment

Working...
                                X