Jacket: BR
    Shirt: J Crew Factory
    Pants: J Crew Factory
    Tie: Clapham
    Tie bar: The Tie Bar
    Shoes:BR
    Watch: Timex/ J Crew strap
    Love that pop of color! Very nice.
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Hump day!

Club Monaco black watch jacket
      J. Crew shirt
      H&M corduroys
      Knottery knit tie
      Lands End belt
      Miansai bracelet
      Cole Haan suede monk straps
      Last edited by fauxshow; June 5, 2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

@ fauxshow - I like that outfit, but cinch that tie up!
        @ Shomas - I'm trying to decide how I feel about those suede wingtips with that outfit... I'm not sure they quite fit.
        @ MarkB - That oxford fits you really well. I might have to check out the GAP store near me and see what they've got for OCBDs.

I picked up this cardigan on clearance from JCP the other day. Not sure if this is the ideal way to wear it, but I wanted a lightweight layer for today's bipolar weather.

JCP cardigan, GAP shirt, Chubbies shorts, Timberland suede mocs, Ball watch.
        Ben

Comment

@Shomas, friggin' love that green tie. Works great in that ensemble.

@Mark, that's a nice simple casual look. I like that shirt color.

@Faux, know that I am just trying to be helpful, not rude. I liked your first look. Simple and casual. Your 2nd one (with the blazer) just has a bit too much going on. I'd rethink the shirt choice, personally (particularly since it looks like it has french cuffs). Along with a bracelet, suede monks, and rolled pants it gets to be a lot. I'd say change the shirt, hem (and slim down) the pants and you're money. I love that jacket, btw.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Sigtweed and greg_s: Thanks. This is its maiden voyage and I'm pretty happy with it.

BenR: I think you're right re. the shoes. I tried on a darker brown leather pair and it worked a little better. As for your cardigan, in general I think light cardigans work nicely as a layer with an OCBD and shorts. Yours here is no exception.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
              @Shomas, friggin' love that green tie. Works great in that ensemble.

@Mark, that's a nice simple casual look. I like that shirt color.

@Faux, know that I am just trying to be helpful, not rude. I liked your first look. Simple and casual. Your 2nd one (with the blazer) just has a bit too much going on. I'd rethink the shirt choice, personally (particularly since it looks like it has french cuffs). Along with a bracelet, suede monks, and rolled pants it gets to be a lot. I'd say change the shirt, hem (and slim down) the pants and you're money. I love that jacket, btw.
              No worries, I don't think you're being rude at all. I was going to wear a white shirt but I didn't have time to iron them this morning. I think there's a bit too much texture as well - wool, knit, cords, suede. I love that jacket too, I just need to find more things to wear with it.

Comment

@LBD, my rule of thumb with that kind of cardigan: If you unbutton the second button of your shirt, then unbutton the top button of the cardigan. If you keep that shirt buttoned at the second button, then the cardigan should be buttoned up. However, I almost always leave at least the bottom button of the cardigan undone and sometimes the bottom two buttons.

Comment

Only did this for Yoyo!
                  Wearing a lovely paint thinner base cologne today(had it for years and need to make room for the sampler I ordered)

And well didn't turn on the light and took a pick
                  SS Linen Brown
                  Herringbone Sport coat
                  CT red puppy tooth shirt
                  Slidebelt Brown belt
                  And not show AE Brown brown strawfut

Last edited by shad0w4life; June 6, 2013, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                    Only did this for Yoyo!
                    Wearing a lovely paint thinner base cologne today(had it for years and need to make room for the sampler I ordered)

SS Linen Brown
                    Herringbone Sport coat
                    CT red puppy tooth shirt
                    Slidebelt Brown belt

LOL! Paint thinner?!?!? Yikes! So I take it you don't care much for it, eh? Still cool, and good to see a bottle there, shad0w. I have not worn Givenchy Blue Label before, but I know I've sniffed it in a shop at least once - can't specifically recall what it smelled like, aside from generally calling it a spicy/woody-aquatic. IIRC, the only Givenchy scent that I've ever had a full bottle of was Play (the regular/first one, not the intense version).

The note pyramid of the Blue Label *looks* to be very similar to D&G Light Blue PH, which I do own and wear occasionally. The strongest similarities are probably the fruit (grapefruit & bergamot) along with the spice (pepper notes). Others say it's similar to Acqua di Gio (AdG) - which could be legit, as the same dude made both AdG and Givenchy PH Blue.

I guess I should've saved this commentary for the (yet to be birthed) cologne thread, but when I saw your pic here, I simply *had* to reply. "It's a moral imperative!"

Oh, and although your hole look there is smoooove, I must specifically point out that pocket square is tha jam!

Comment

Ahhh, yep - *that* I've heard of. I guess I didn't get the acronym in your deets section. Cool, thanks!

Comment

Haven't been pulling my weight around here so here y'all go.

Raincoat: Aquascutum macintosh (thrifted)
                        Sport coat: HSM - cotton/linen blend
                        Shirt: Roundtree & Yorke - poplin button down collar
                        Belt: Daniel Cremieux - alligator print black/brown reversible
                        Pants: Brooks Brothers - tan wool
                        Shoes: Bronx Dekimo

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                          Cologne guy, I like everything about that outfit.
                          Thanks very much, bud. I wasn't sure if the black/white gingham was contrasting enough for the grey blazer, but figured I'd give it a whirl.

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
                          That is a sweet blazer. Really like the subtle herringbone pattern. I've been on the hunt for a nice light gray cotton one.
                          I like it quite a bit. It's the full-cotton one from BR. Kinda wish it was unlined - or maybe the linen-blend one - although not sure I like the lapels on that one - as I'd wear the heck outta it this Summer - but it is what it is. I prefer the birdseye blue one the best out of the three BR blazers I currently have. I think it might be the 3/2 (or is it 2/3?) roll on the birdseye that is making a little difference in the fit/stance for me - dunno. It could simply be the color, as I tend to favor blues.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                            Only did this for Yoyo!

SS Linen Brown
                            Herringbone Sport coat
                            CT red puppy tooth shirt
                            Slidebelt Brown belt
                            I'm really liking the jacket/shirt/square combo. I'm not 100% sold on pairing them with the linen pants, but I shouldn't be talking because I'm wearing a linen/cotton jacket with wool pants today. There's just something about pair the crinkled look with the structured look that feels a little off to me. Like I said, though, I'm just as guilty.

Comment

The Givenchy actually isn't bad at all you nailed the smell pretty much but I think most of them go for that smell. I don't think I've had a cologne that hasn't got numerous compliments but the Le Man hands down gets the most attention, I have A&F that's quite nice as well, probably called "No Fatties". I'm beyond excited for the sample pack now

I loved the Hugo Boss original from 1999 I think, been about 10 years since I've had it. It was more baked goods smelling.

@Alan

Yeah I need to iron/steam them a bit for sure now that I look at the bottom, what's awesome is I took the pants straight out of the box and wore them.

I'm hunting for a good linen/blend jacket still, damn monkey arms! You should give me yours, I rather like the look of it
                              Last edited by shad0w4life; June 6, 2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Is the Cologne thread up yet Yoyo? Finally made my way through all those Perfumed Court decants.

Comment

Working...
                                X