This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
    FWIW, the model wearing the cardigan has the bottom toggle undone too.
    I am a believer in closing all toggles on cardigans. Just looks weird with something dangling off.
    "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      Me today:

Jacket: J Crew
      Shirt: Uniqlo
      Pants: Bonobos
      Shoes: AE
      Watch: Omega/J Crew strap
      Is your blazer mainline J.Crew or factory? It looks the same as mine. Great clean look btw.

Comment

meeting up with some friends to watch the Kings/Blackhawks game. (Go Hawks!) I do love the way these Uniqlo x Michael Bastian polos fit.

Comment

Did you get yours hemmed, or are you just really tall? I have to cuff mine 4x and I still have a bit of bunching around the ankles. (I'm 5' 9")

I plan on getting them hemmed, so I will keep your advice in mind. Thanks!
          6' I normally wear about a 34 inseam in most brands, never hand them hemmed, but I'm guessing they lost about 1" - 1.5" in length so I'd wash and dry them before hemming for sure! They sit at the top of my shoes now.

Comment

Is your blazer mainline J.Crew or factory? It looks the same as mine. Great clean look btw.
            Thanks. I actually don't know the story with the jacket. I got it at a factory store, but I'm pretty sure I saw the same or a very similar jacket at a main store a couple of weeks ago. Do they even sell mainline stuff at the factory stores? I haven't seen this jacket on the factory website. All a long way of saying I don't know but probably factory...

Comment

I have yet to see anything mainline in a Factory store.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                Thanks. I actually don't know the story with the jacket. I got it at a factory store, but I'm pretty sure I saw the same or a very similar jacket at a main store a couple of weeks ago. Do they even sell mainline stuff at the factory stores? I haven't seen this jacket on the factory website. All a long way of saying I don't know but probably factory...
                Is there a style number on the tag? That'd be an easy way to tell.

Comment

Easiest way to tell from mainline and factory: check the label, if there are two small diamonds under J. Crew it's factory. Same with Banana factory, they have three diamonds.

I've seen a few mainline items at factory stores, they are rare and are always going to be in the clearance section.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn
                    C'mon Cologne Guy, don't make me start it for you. Don't be surprised if you see "Cologne Guy's cologne thread" show up.
                    Made it through about half those samples last night, including all the Creeds. I've come to the conclusion that not only my wife has a better vocabulary than I do, but also her nose works much, much better.
                    LOL! I really thought the concept had very little (to no) interest. But OK, I guess if even just a few of us chat in it, then it might be beneficial. Just remember: you guys asked for it. I've been known to get a little... uhm... *wordy* at times. You've been warned. Ha!

Comment

Easiest way to tell from mainline and factory: check the label, if there are two small diamonds under J. Crew it's factory. Same with Banana factory, they have three diamonds.

I've seen a few mainline items at factory stores, they are rare and are always going to be in the clearance section.
                      Good to know! In that case, the jacket is Factory - and highly recommended. The linen blend makes it deceptively light and breathable.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        LOL! I really thought the concept had very little (to no) interest. But OK, I guess if even just a few of us chat in it, then it might be beneficial. Just remember: you guys asked for it. I've been known to get a little... uhm... *wordy* at times. You've been warned. Ha!
                        Let's go!

Comment

Today:

Jacket: BR
                          Shirt: J Crew Factory
                          Pants: J Crew Factory
                          Tie: Clapham
                          Tie bar: The Tie Bar
                          Shoes:BR
                          Watch: Timex/ J Crew strap

Comment

http://imgur.com/Y7OpKti
                            http://imgur.com/dyDjZj1
                            Shirt: JCP
                            Pants: Dockers Alpha
                            Belt: JCF
                            Shoes: Eastland Falmouth made in USA (Rancourt)

Comment

Originally posted by roklobster View Post
                              http://imgur.com/Y7OpKti
                              http://imgur.com/dyDjZj1
                              Shirt: JCP
                              Pants: Dockers Alpha
                              Belt: JCF
                              Shoes: Eastland Falmouth made in USA (Rancourt)
                              This is awesome all the way around. Nice work!

Comment

Didn't post yesterday because I spent the day packing boxes. Here's Day 3 of my lean wardrobe experiment. I don't think I like this belt, but my other casual belt is navy/white striped and I don't really like it for this outfit either.

Shirt: Gap Modern Oxford (these things are awesome. Picked up 2 at
                                $15 each)
                                Shorts: Merona
                                Watch: Timex
                                Shoes: ProKeds
                                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Working...
                                X