Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@BenR: you are right the button stance is a bit high, I wish they were a bit lower. I got the whole suit for $110 shipped. got a couple of them (navy and dark gray).

Comment

Shirt: GAP

Tie: Thrifted

Jacket: J.Crew

Tie bar: KC

Pants: LEC

Shoes: Johnston & Murphy

I got these pants on sale for like $15 from LEC last week. Now that I have them I can tell why they were on clearance. They aren't quite in "go to hell" league, but it's a hard color to work with - kind of a deep orangey tobacco brown. Seems to pair best with blues and greys.

Ben

Comment

@BenR: It'll also be difficult to pull those pants off (no pun intended) once spring is here in full force and everyone else is donning their brighter colors. But for $15, there's always a way to make them work, right? And the fit looks good.

Comment

Interesting to note - the color is "brown umber" which according to the website photos should look like this:

Oh well.

Ben

Comment

@technojinn - Meant to say this yesterday, but I think you would stand to benefit from a large tie knot. You've got a pretty solid neck, so I bet a full Windsor knot would look pretty comfortable, especially with the wide spread on your shirt collar. If that seems over the time, you can try the Nicky or the Kelvin. They give you the width without the bulk.

Comment

@technojinn - What size blazer is that? I have the same Uniqlo suits in Medium and while the button stance is slightly high, they don't look that high.

Off topic, how do I post a picture directly to the post and not just the link? I'll post a pic for reference.

Comment

@bere09: You can use standard HTML img markup.

Comment

Comment

There we go. Thanks Alan. Camera angle is a little higher, but I think you get the gist.

Comment

@BenR, I actually like the color as it comes across in your photo better, though I'd probably prefer it as plain chinos vs cords (at least I think those are the LEC cords...I would have bought them if I knew the brown was really that shade). Might still be more of a fall color (then again so is brown) but I would think it would pair well with white/cream (button-down or even sneakers).

Comment

Just to show how rarely I wear that Isaia tie...

I was out the door after my wife this morning so she didn't see what I was going to wear. When I got home, she complimented me on the tie, and mentioned that she'd never seen it before. We're approaching our one-year anniversary and dated for nearly two more year prior to that. :-)

Comment

@bere09 mine is medium too. I bought the slim fit though. Is your regular or slim fit?

Comment

Slim fit as well. Got to be the camera angle because while the button stance is high, it's not too high and still is a great looking suit. Especially for the price.

Comment

This is WIWT.

Jacket: GAP Herrigbone blazer

Sweater/Shirt: CK/Macys Club Room bengal stripe shirt ($20)

Pants: Lands end Year rounder (got this for $42 around Christmas)

Shoes: Cole haan air colton

Watch: Orient Blue Mako (my favorite go to watch)

Socks: Naved/red stripe. saw this featured here a little bit ago.

Comment

technojinn, you stole my GAP sport coat!

... and damn you for being able to fit your feet into those Air Coltons. I had to return mine because of my fat duck feet. :-P

Seriously, though, is it constricting to have a full sweater on under that jacket?

Comment

Working...
                                X