This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alan View Post
    I think we need a new thread... WISLT (What I Smell Like Today)
    In the novel "Perfume," the main character has a superhuman sense of smell. The author describes many different smells by breaking their odors into their constituent parts. Humans are apparently a fine mix of cheese, vinegar and cat poop (so, y'know, we got that goin' for us...). Of course this is fiction and takes place in renaissance France, where folks probably smelled kinda gnarly under the best of circumstances, but nevertheless it illustrates an important point: I don't think I want to know what any of you smell like today.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      Really like this look, man. The shirt is a perfect fit. Mind telling me what "fit" that one is? I'm looking at the bonobos OCBDs (or at least CBDs) for some future spendage, so just curious. Slim? Looks like it; but I'm not that up on their cuts.

Also it's just short enough there, IMO, to leave untucked. I have one helluva time ever going that route, as my shirts all seem to be too long - getting into the GOS territory if I leave them untucked - so I don't.

Dig the color scheme - the jeans look great too. Just an all-around really-nice simple-casual getup. Coolness.
      Thanks man, appreciate it.

Yup, the shirt is their "ging crosby" or some such play on words in the Slim fit. I'm just shy of 6'3" and the length is just about perfect. Any shorter and it would be TOO short, but for now it hits just spot on for casual wear.

As far as how it fits, it's just right in the shoulders, tapers pretty well, a little bit extra material in the back so I would hesitate to tuck it in due to potential billowing in the back, but it's just right for a fitted casual look.

I'm also looking at throwing some money at an OCBD from Bonobos. I recently bought a pair of their Oxford cloth shorts, of all things, and it's the softest oxford cloth I have ever felt. if shirts are anything like that material (and it says its the same material), they'd be a great fit + great feel. Hard to beat that...

And this concludes my uncompensated advertisement of Bonobos. hahaha, whoops!

Comment

The one that's the male torso shape and makes me hide the bottle, Aye.

Beast as in strong? I do 1-2 sprays max

Or scent, it's nothing like sex panther.

I'm excited for my creed samples!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
          Scent: Creed
          Originally posted by alan View Post
          I think we need a new thread... WISLT (What I Smell Like Today)
          All those samples from Perfumed Court came today yoyo, including Creed GIT. Sensory overload. Why don't you start a cologne thread? I'm sure there are others that would be interested in it too.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxshow View Post
            http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/c...-selvedge.html

Got them a few weeks ago and they were like cardboard. I've been doing some squats and lunges after I put them on, they are now reasonably comfortable.

FYI they shrink quite a bit when washed and tossed in a dryer (oops), legs were short to start with and are now unwearable unless I manage to stretch them lengthwise.
            Last edited by shad0w4life; June 4, 2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
              All those samples from Perfumed Court came today yoyo, including Creed GIT. Sensory overload. Why don't you start a cologne thread? I'm sure there are others that would be interested in it too.
              I think he should. Someplace where we can ask him all our cologne questions.

Comment

First pic kinda makes it look like the cardigan is the same color as my pants. There's a bit more contrast IRL like in the second pic. Usually I would've gone with some khaki chinos but I need to break these jeans in. :P

Shirt and Cardigan: JCF
                Jeans: N&F Skinny Guy
                Shoes: Zara
                Watch: Timex
                Belt: H&M
                Sunglasses: Persol
                Something looks off there. I think that's one cardigan where the bottom toggle should be buttoned too. What does everyone else think?

Comment

It's finally warm enough to start rolling the sleeves up. Which works out perfectly since the Calibrate trim fit shirts fit me flawlessly except the sleeves are about 1" too short.

shirt -calibrate
                  pants - bonobos
                  shoes - AE mctavish

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                    Something looks off there. I think that's one cardigan where the bottom toggle should be buttoned too. What does everyone else think?
                    FWIW, the model wearing the cardigan has the bottom toggle undone too.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                      FYI they shrink quite a bit when washed and tossed in a dryer (oops), legs were short to start with and are now unwearable unless I manage to stretch them lengthwise.
                      Did you get yours hemmed, or are you just really tall? I have to cuff mine 4x and I still have a bit of bunching around the ankles. (I'm 5' 9")

I plan on getting them hemmed, so I will keep your advice in mind. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
                        I don't think I want to know what any of you smell like today.
                        Seconded.
                        Ben

Comment

Me today:

Jacket: J Crew
                          Shirt: Uniqlo
                          Pants: Bonobos
                          Shoes: AE
                          Watch: Omega/J Crew strap

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                            shirt -calibrate
                            pants - bonobos
                            shoes - AE mctavish
                            Cologne?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                              Cologne?
                              None. I actually only have 1 at the moment which my mother in law gave me as a gift. I usually forget to put it on though.

Comment

Originally posted by s_crane View Post
                                @lesserblackdog looks great, are those the straight fit of slim straight jeans? And it looks like your front left pocket for the knife?
                                Had to go back through my email to find this... they seem to be the slim-straight.

Originally posted by NewGuy View Post
                                Big fan of this look. Also, i'm spending my day with Barbri as well. Good luck with the bar. And, you know, with the whole "buffering...buffering...buffering" video load.
                                Mine doesn't even "buffer," it just freezes and I have to close out the window and open it again. Pretty irritating, though at least it seems to be able to remember where it left off.

Looks sharp. What kind of belt is that?
                                The buckle is from Montana Silversmiths and the belt itself is some random brown Ariat I picked up at a local ranch supply store. This belt has become something of a trademark of mine around here.

Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X