X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alan View Post
    So I know nothing about cologne.
    I don't really either. I have some Terre d'Hermes and some Rocabar. After reading the article on the main page about the decants from Perfumed Courta month ago, I ordered a bunch of stuff. Like way too much. Tracking says it should get here tomorrow. Aventus was one of them yoyorobbo so I'm curious to give it a try.

Comment

Man, Alan, that really sucks. Sorry to hear you have that issue. I get some seasonal allergies, very late Summer - and those just about lay me out - so I can't begin to imagine having to deal with potential sensory assaults every single day. Ugh. Hopefully my pics don't translate completely off the page and into your noseular-cavity. If so, my apologies... but that would be pretty cool. I mean, my apologies; that's it.

Fred, I'd be interested in what you sample and your takes on them. Aventus, as with a few other Creeds, can be VERY different depending on the batch/lot #. Sounds crazy, but it's true. There are a very select few batches of Aventus - actually only two to my knowledge, and one of them is commonly viewed as superior even in that small tier - that reign supreme; these batches are now of course very hard to find. I *just* ran out of my first 50 ml decant of batch X02, and had to bust out my second (and sadly, my last) one just two days ago.

Anyway, getting way ahead of the cart here. Just curious if they tell you the batch/lot number on your samples (probably not) - as I could help you out a bit deciphering which one you get. It could range from very strong on the apple/pineapple side with light ashy/smokiness, lasting damn near all day and then some - to very faint on the fruit and heavy on the ash - all with variances of longevity. Aventus also is know to cause olfactory fatigue - where you think it has faded, but others still smell it. It can then later in the day sneak back up and hit *you* with a little blast. A weird, yet very, very nice fragrance. My current personal favorite and one I highly recommend; to everyone save Alan.

Comment

The wife and I started packing for our 1500 mile move. I'm gonna be rocking the lean wardrobe for the next 10 days. I've got 6 shirts, 5 shorts, 3 pants, 1 watch/strap and 2 pair of shoes. We'll see how versatile the pieces that I picked are, I guess.
        Day 1:

Shirt: JCF
        Shorts: Mossimo
        Belt: JCF
        Shoes: ProKeds
        Watch: Timex
        Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Fred, where did you make your purchase through?
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Shirt - JCP ocbd
            Pants - h&M grey linen
            Shoes - j&M aldrich II

Comment

@ MarkB - I like that color palette, nice, cool, and simple. Good luck with the move!
              @ Teej - That's a very clean business casual outfit. I tend to roll up the sleeves of my shirt when I wear the shirt by itself, though. Dunno why... just feels weird not to do it.

A thrilling day spent with BARBRI:

GAP OCBD, JCP sweatshirt, Nantucket belt, Bonobos jeans, Ball watch on Hirsch rubber strap, self-made bracelet, Converse shoes. Bonus points if you can spot the knife (Benchmade).
              Ben

Comment

@lesserblackdog looks great, are those the straight fit of slim straight jeans? And it looks like your front left pocket for the knife?

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                  @ Teej - That's a very clean business casual outfit. I tend to roll up the sleeves of my shirt when I wear the shirt by itself, though. Dunno why... just feels weird not to do it.
                  Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog
                    Ditto.
                    This. Although personal preferance, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                      I got my Supergas back in Jan from Zappos and I can say that they are worth the $$ but Duval's right, they look really nice... but that's what led me to them since they were really nice for the low price- nicer than Jack or Chucks... I need to look at them to see where they are made, I assumed Italy but wouldn't be surprised if they are from Turkey or Egypt.

Welcome back Duval.
                      I prefer Jack Purcells myself. Got a pair in white and in navy. They're super comfy and cost me $44 each.

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                      I don't really either. I have some Terre d'Hermes and some Rocabar. After reading the article on the main page about the decants from Perfumed Courta month ago, I ordered a bunch of stuff. Like way too much. Tracking says it should get here tomorrow. Aventus was one of them yoyorobbo so I'm curious to give it a try.
                      I have a bad sense of smell so I just wear what the wife likes.

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                        Fred, where did you make your purchase through?
                        The one featured on the Dappered main page about a month ago, Perfumed Court: http://theperfumedcourt.com/

Comment

Ditto.
                          Ditto here as well. Long sleeves almost beg to be rolled up, but do it the right way, like an Italian waiter with attitude: up near the elbow, even over the elbow, and the way Joe demonstrates. None of this wishy-washy halfway up the forearm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
                            Ditto here as well. Long sleeves almost beg to be rolled up, but do it the right way, like an Italian waiter with attitude: up near the elbow, even over the elbow, and the way Joe demonstrates. None of this wishy-washy halfway up the forearm stuff.
                            Exactly, cut the sleeve in half, don't just uncover your watch.

Comment

Casual Sunday

Shirt - Bonobos
                              Pants -Travel jeans from Bonobos
                              Shoes - fresh, white Vans. First day out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                                @ MarkB - I like that color palette, nice, cool, and simple. Good luck with the move!

A thrilling day spent with BARBRI:

GAP OCBD, JCP sweatshirt, Nantucket belt, Bonobos jeans, Ball watch on Hirsch rubber strap, self-made bracelet, Converse shoes. Bonus points if you can spot the knife (Benchmade).
                                Big fan of this look. Also, i'm spending my day with Barbri as well. Good luck with the bar. And, you know, with the whole "buffering...buffering...buffering" video load.

Comment

Working...
                                X