This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
    I support an age don't-ask-don't-tell policy for the forums.

Geezer cologne guy (C.C.G.), Another winning outfit. You're back to the Creed. Is that the same scent that Paul has been reviewing on the main site?
    Thanks, bruschetta. That particular WIWT Creed is Aventus - my all-time favorite scent, and one which I have been nudging Paul to try next. He's been auditioning Green Irish Tweed (GIT), my second favorite.

"G.C.G.?" - Let's kill that one, please, before it grows any real legs, eh? Ha! - I mean, look, I'm totally at peace with my age - seeing how I feel (and often *act*) like a much younger twerp... err... kid - well, all except for my lower-back - that definitely says to me in it's best Roger Murtaugh voice "I'm too old for this sh#t" - but I'd really prefer just dialing it back to "Cologne Guy" for now. LOL - Good stuff though, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Doctor View Post
      Thanks, Yoyo. Sorry about the Tigers... But what's more American than some summer baseball? I'm surprised I don't see more of it on this site, but I suppose trying to looked dapper while rocking team apparel is pretty challenging.
      No worries. Win some, lose some. The Tigers are a pretty sweet team, but they sure know how to let ya down when they want to - ya'know like getting swept in the WS - stuff like that. LOL - And I hear ya, man: Summer. Baseball. Good stuff. Throw in a BBQ and some poolside drinks and we're talking some *real* good stuff.

And yeah, supporting your team(s) whilst attempting to maintain dapperdliness (probably not a real word, but wtf - I like it) can certainly be tricky. I think Joe had some good article(s) about it a while back, mostly talking football then, IIRC hitting some Saturday college football games, or more likely probably Super Bowl party related, dunno - maybe both. There might've been some of that same discussion here in our threads - seems like that might be right too. Best to either go team colors but in *your* typical, hopefully stylish, wardrobe choices. Throwing on a team baseball cap is totally fair game in my book, though. Especially is it's a cool retro one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
        These (*Kent Wang*) polos are slim, made of a nice soft pique and have the only collars I've ever seen that avoid getting curled and misshapen without assistance from polo stays or something. They're a little pricey but it's not hard to see where that money goes.
        Good to know. I'll have to keep those in mind. Quite a few of my polos, especially the pointier-collared ones like my Original Penguin jobbies, tend to do the inward/under-curl on the ends. Not a good look. Any good source for the KW polos? Or should I just get my google-fu on?

Comment

Originally posted by Duvel View Post
          Recently rediscovered Chucks myself. I picked up some white Superga's this spring but they almost felt too "nice," not street enough. Then this weekend I happened to spy some Converse low-top Chucks in natural (with the red and navy piping), and I had to have them. I don't think there's anything more classic for summer than either black or white (or off-white) Chucks with chinos and a polo.
          I checked out some Supergas last week at a local Brooks Brothers shop - loving the toe shape/design - only to find that they were not Made in Italy. The Italian-made ones are the real deals - the ones to get, right? Or do they just simply no longer make them there? If not, that's sad - very much like our present-day Chucks - not made in the USA any more. Ugh.

BTW, welcome back, Duvel. You've been out of action here for a little while, no?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
            Good to know. I'll have to keep those in mind. Quite a few of my polos, especially the pointier-collared ones like my Original Penguin jobbies, tend to do the inward/under-curl on the ends. Not a good look. Any good source for the KW polos? Or should I just get my google-fu on?
            The only place I know of to get them is from the man himself: www.kentwang.com/polos

I think there was a livingsocial or groupon or somesuch deal for Kent Wang credit a while back, but I think he's a pretty small operation so I wouldn't count on that coming back soon. I will say that shipping has always been very quick when I've ordered stuff from him.

Comment

Today:

Jacket: BR
              Shirt: J Crew Factory
              Pants: J Crew
              Shoes: AE
              Watch: Timex/J Crew Strap

Comment

A BenR-style picture.

When I went to upload this image to Dropbox I noticed that I wore a navy gingham shirt and navy trousers from a different brand almost exactly a month ago. Strange. Maybe it's time to retire my other navy gingham shirt.

Cologne guy, as far as I'm concerned, I stopped aging after I turned 25. You're welcome to join me on the eternally-young ship.
                Last edited by bruschetta; June 3, 2013, 02:03 PM.

Comment

I checked out some Supergas last week at a local Brooks Brothers shop - loving the toe shape/design - only to find that they were not Made in Italy. The Italian-made ones are the real deals - the ones to get, right? Or do they just simply no longer make them there? If not, that's sad - very much like our present-day Chucks - not made in the USA any more. Ugh.

BTW, welcome back, Duvel. You've been out of action here for a little while, no?
                  I got my Supergas back in Jan from Zappos and I can say that they are worth the $$ but Duval's right, they look really nice... but that's what led me to them since they were really nice for the low price- nicer than Jack or Chucks... I need to look at them to see where they are made, I assumed Italy but wouldn't be surprised if they are from Turkey or Egypt.

Welcome back Duval.

Comment

Cologne guy, as far as I'm concerned, I stopped aging after I turned 25. You're welcome to join me on the eternally-young ship.
                    Aye, Cap'n!

So then, WIWT - as a fellow 25 y.o. eternal:

Blazer: BR
                    Shirt: Merona
                    Pocket square: Nicole Miller
                    Belt: BR (thrifted)
                    Pants: BR
                    Socks: BRF
                    Watch: Orient
                    Scent: D&G

I typically go with a cleaner flat-edge-up fold for my pockies, but decided today to try what I feel is a little more casual in the reverse-end-up (WODER!) multi-edge look - kinda loosens-up the look a tad - good or bad - dunno - but it felt right today. Which way do you guys prefer to wear your pockies? I know a few of your styles, from some of your WIWT pics, but not all of them. Care to share your particular personal pocky plicature preparation preference(s)? Eh, pardners?

Comment

Aye, Cap'n!

So then, WIWT - as a fellow 25 y.o. eternal:

Blazer: BR
                      Shirt: Merona
                      Pocket square: Nicole Miller
                      Belt: BR (thrifted)
                      Pants: BR
                      Socks: BRF
                      Watch: Orient
                      Scent: D&G

I typically go with a cleaner flat-edge-up fold for my pockies, but decided today to try what I feel is a little more casual in the reverse-end-up (WODER!) multi-edge look - kinda loosens-up the look a tad - good or bad - dunno - but it felt right today. Which way do you guys prefer to wear your pockies? I know a few of your styles, from some of your WIWT pics, but not all of them. Care to share your particular personal pocky plicature preparation preference(s)? Eh, pardners?
                      This is how I like to wear my pockets squares too. A little bit ruffled and makes it look like you're not trying very hard.

Comment

I've been gone for a while. Honeymoon coupled with a cross-country move. It's great to thumb through 50 pages or so and find all these great looks--you guys really pull it off very well.

One thing I find very refreshing to see is a relative absence of the untucked button-up shirt. It's great to see people tucking in their shirts, even with jeans. Tucked-in is my preference on almost everything except t-shirts and polos, and the like. And I'm not trying to stir up debate--just observing that this look does work well, even with very casual attire, as you guys prove.

Comment

Ah-ha! I couldn't see the pic when I first read through the recent replies here - must be the firewall at work. Finally saw it via my phone's browser.

Great look for sure. No wonder you have a couple of combinations of it. I have black/white and a red(maroon)/white gingham shirts, but no blue/white. This is odd, seeing how I love wearing blue, especially navy. And now seeing your WIWT pic here bruschetta, I think a blue/white gingham just moved a few spots up on my want list.

Comment

I've realize that I have a very predictable way of examining these WIWT pics. I go immediately to the shoes. If I like them, I check the jacket (if there is one). Then I'm basically done. Those two things pretty much make or break a pic for me.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                              I've realize that I have a very predictable way of examining these WIWT pics. I go immediately to the shoes. If I like them, I check the jacket (if there is one). Then I'm basically done. Those two things pretty much make or break a pic for me.
                              You mean after you check the cologne bottle, right?

Comment

You mean after you check the cologne bottle, right?
                                I'm actually quite allergic to most artificial scents. My eyes get itchy and I start to get congested. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I once nearly passed out when I tried to walk into a Yankee Candle Company store. I started feeling light-headed and my legs got shaky. I had to leave immediately. So I know nothing about cologne. I wouldn't be able to identify one from the next since I have to stay away from all of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X