Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robbo, it's very nice fabric and perfect for hot days, but yes, sizing down is a necessity. I've got a 44-inch chest and I fit a medium. That's obscene. They do have a slim and extra-slim option, I think, but those aren't on ebay so often. But if you size down, they're fantastic. At least I think so.

Comment

Giving some recently-thrifted goods a run this week. I hit it pretty hard over the weekend. Big 50% off everything sale at local Salvation Army shops. Good times!

Blazer: BR
      Shirt: Chaps-RL [the good ol' Made in USA ones] (thrifted)
      Pocket square: Nicole Miller
      Belt: BR
      Chinos: BR
      Shoes: Mercanti Fiorentini (thrifted)
      Watch: Rotary
      Scent: CK

Not totally sure if I'm hip to the longer, pointier, chiseled(?) European toe of these MFs (LOL - *MF*ers) on me. I kinda have long(ish) feet - nothing nutty, really (measure 11.5, wear 11 in most dress shoes), but the look of these types of shoes seems like maybe it overemphasizes my feet length. Dunno. I figured at $5 (half-off the $10 tag - yay!), it's a good way to try out the concept. They needed some TLC - which I willingly gave to them Sunday morning (WODER!) - but seriously that's actually kinda fun for me. I like seeing if I can shine turds. Figuratively, of course. Sorta.

Comment

Yoyo- that's a good looking ensemble and the shoes are different but look good in the pic. The real test is how comfortable you feel in them. I don't much like the sock less look but in that pic it looks good- I think it's the Italian look that works well in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
          @Xeones: Dude, how tall are you? Maybe it's the photo, dunno. If not, tough to find clothes that fit? Just curious. Nice color palette there. Brave move with the red socks. Not sure I could do that in that outfit, but to each his own. Shoes are niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.
          6'2"
          I think the cut-off head exaggerates my height a bit.
          Pants can be annoying. 32x34 can be hard to find at times (regular dept stores, normally I don't have a problem in stores like BR or JC) and I swear that Dockers doesn't even make some of their styles with a 34" inseam. Thankfully I just make it under the "normal person" cut-off. I've never seen 36" inseam pants before.
          Shirts can be troublesome keeping tucked in (the last button is above my belt line).
          Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Doing a Foodie-style "bum" fit today. Haven't been posting much lately as I've been a bit of a homebody for bar review purposes.

GAP jacket, Target t-shirt, Target cargos, Florsheim wingtips, Orient watch.
            Ben

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
              Giving some recently-thrifted goods a run this week. I hit it pretty hard over the weekend. Big 50% off everything sale at local Salvation Army shops. Good times!
              Cologne guy, this is a great look.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                Yep. Also, it may just be a size big. Look at the shoulder. Did you try a size down?
                Def agree on this, the over hang makes it look like a size big...
                "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                  KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Since I'm sure I've been responsible for plenty of occular pain around here, lately. ;-) I'm putting back on my conservative hat for a day. The colors and patterns in the second pic are much more representative of what I'm wearing today, but the tie still seems a little brighter in the pic than IRL. The pic shoes a dark blue gingham on a light blue field, but it's really more of an aqua gingham on a white field.

Suit: HSM
                  Tie: Brook Brothers (100% cotton)
                  Shirt: LEC
                  Belt: Nautica (braided brown leather)
                  Shoes: Daniel Cremieux (chilli split toe bluchers)
                  Watch: Fossil
                  Definitely an awesomely aggressive pose. I love it.
                  "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
                    Yoyo- that's a good looking ensemble and the shoes are different but look good in the pic. The real test is how comfortable you feel in them. I don't much like the sock less look but in that pic it looks good- I think it's the Italian look that works well in this case.
                    Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    Cologne guy, this is a great look.
                    Hey, thanks fellas! Appreciate the comments very much.

The shoes themselves are comfortable as Hell... which really shouldn't be very comfortable at all, but it's a saying I guess. Anyway, they are very comfortable, even sockless - which can be a good test with some shoes. *I* am feeling *pretty* comfortable wearing them, but I gotta get used to that toe. When I look down, I get a little bit of an elf/genie shoe vibe. LOL - but true. Hopefully they don't start to curl up. Doh! I'm sure they'll grown on me, and if not, anyone here wear a size 11? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post

Doing a Foodie-style "bum" fit today. Haven't been posting much lately as I've been a bit of a homebody for bar review purposes.

GAP jacket, Target t-shirt, Target cargos, Florsheim wingtips, Orient watch.
                      I really like that jacket. I mean I reeeeeally like that jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                        I really like that jacket. I mean I reeeeeally like that jacket.
                        I've got the same jacket and I quite like it too.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=351207002

Comment

@cologneguy: Another pair of great thrifted shoes!
                          @Alan: that pose says "here are my balls. They are mighty. Be ready" BTW, did you lose weight?
                          @BenR: Truckers of the world unite! BTW, how's the ftt on that? Slim?

Comment

I see cologne guy is doing the white pants thing today too.

Comment

@Xeones25: Ahh, cool. Well you sure look like a 7-footer in that pic. Must be an optical illllluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusion; a headless one, at that. My bro-in-law is 6'5" and his best friend is 6'7", so I have a little understanding on fit issues. I just saw some size 16 [email protected]$$ loafers in the thrift shop the other day, and thought them. LOL - I think they are just size 13 and 14 though. Ah well.

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                              And doing a fine job of it! Good stuff, LBD; per usual. Dig that trucker and still diggin' those Florsheims (Havilands, right?). Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Comment

@cologneguy: I forgot to answer your bonobos questions. The shirt material feels nice, but the cut is still rather boxy on my frame. As far as the bonbos chinos go (which you asked a month ago but I forgot to answer) they are tough and durable. I like them. But the waist is a little larger than most chinos and the length as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X