Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Alan, thanks for the quick hit-back. You are no doubt absolutely spot-on with that advice. I really should have opted for some lighter, more Summery footwear; and probably would have even gone sockless too. However I've been itching to get these RWs broken in, plus it's so damn tough to NOT wear new goods, right? LOL - They've been staring me down ever since I got them last week. So, although it may not be the wisest move, climate-wise, I was weak and fell victim to their charm.

Seriously, good call on your part, though. Would've been the smarter choice for sure. Thanks again for the feedback, bud!

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
      Lots of awesome lately fellers.
      In no particular order (and leaving out a lot): Alan, I like the seersucker action, even with that tie. It's loud, but F it.
      BB, you're the linen master. I'm a big fan of that Ingram shirt, especially.
      Lance F, I like that Henley layering on you. I don't know that it would work for me, but it does quite well for you.
      BJ, that Thompson suit fits you amazingly well. Whatever you paid for it was a steal. And I agree with you re. the navy pants, khaki jacket move.
      ZacharyR, the Kensington jacket had never looked better.

And my contribution today:

Jacket: J Crew
      Shirt: J Crew
      Tie: Lumina
      Tie bar: The Tie Bar
      Pants: Uniqlo
      Shoes: Hanover
      I like the tie! And you don't see Hanovers everyday. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
        @Alan, thanks for the quick hit-back. You are no doubt absolutely spot-on with that advice. I really should have opted for some lighter, more Summery footwear; and probably would have even gone sockless too. However I've been itching to get these RWs broken in, plus it's so damn tough to NOT wear new goods, right? LOL - They've been staring me down ever since I got them last week. So, although it may not be the wisest move, climate-wise, I was weak and fell victim to their charm.

Seriously, good call on your part, though. Would've been the smarter choice for sure. Thanks again for the feedback, bud!
        Hey, I understand. I'm just as guilty when it comes to new stuff. :-) And with the Red Wings, I don't blame you!

Comment

Robbo, good work. You hit the "smart casual" bullseye. Good luck on your trip today -- I hope it works out for you. If you find one that fits well, be sure to look for the identical jacket on eBay before you pull the trigger...

Comment

Alan - Here's a pic of non see through white pants you were asking about in another thread.

shirt, pants, and shoes - BR
            belt - llbean
            watch - orient with a new C&B nato strap
            Last edited by Vicious49; May 29, 2013, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
              Lance - what brand/model of sunglasses are those? Thanks.
              They are Tortoise Ray-Ban New Wayfayer RB2132 I believe. Same sun glasses that are in the previous red pants picture.

Comment

@BB: I have a pair of chocolate brown suede driving loafers, and sometimes I feel like they might be too dark for Summer too. I guess it depends on the outfit, and I think in your case there your DBs looks fine. Love that bag too, BTW, but man you're gonna have some neck/back issues if you're not careful. Might be time for a lesson in the *Lean Briefcase* concept, eh?

Also, thanks for the comment on my getup - I like that term "smart casual" - and also for the well wishes on my shopping trip - which actually sadly I couldn't take during lunch as I had hoped. Looking to stop in after work, so maybe there's still a shot today. Good advice on the ebay tip, but I get a little freaky not being able to try on the exact item. Sometimes clothes just fit whack - even the same cuts/fits from the same brand. Ya'know? Weird. Maybe it's just me. LOL

Comment

@Vicious, the Mako looks sweet on that *nautical* strap. I have that color scheme on a canvas strap too, but it's a cheapie from American Eagle or something. Bought a handful of them when, at like $3 a pop or something. Mine are 18mm, so I only can really use them correctly (fit-wise) on my old Swiss Army field watch. I'd like to get something nicer, in 20mm and 22mm, for colorful options on a few of my other watches. C&B, eh? Might have to check 'em out.

Also, the look in general today there is smooooooth. How do you like that BR shirt? I might snag a couple replacement short-sleeve sport-shirts for this Summer. I have far too many older, ill-fitting ones that are going in my "get-rid-off" pile. Trying to keep that EG leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean wardrobe concept in mind these days. Sometimes it's tough to let go of the old. Ugh. LOL

Comment

I got this shirt last year. I have another one of their short sleeve shirts and well and that one fits much looser so I'd say try them on before buying.

I got 2 straps from C&B for about $23-$24 shipped. The other strap is my favorite with this watch. I'll try to wear it later this week.

Comment

Is your fave the Bond NATO? That's a classic one for sure, even though IIRC Connery wore one a size or two too narrow on his Sub in *Goldfinger*.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        Is your fave the Bond NATO? That's a classic one for sure, even though IIRC Connery wore one a size or two too narrow on his Sub in *Goldfinger*.
                        No, it's another new one I got. The Bond NATO is a bit boring for the summer. It's classic but the colors are all very dark/subdued. It works well in the fall and winter but I wanted something brighter for the summer time.

Comment

Figure I'll give this a shot.

Shirt: Nattyshirts
                          Pants: JCF chambray Bedford
                          Shoes: AE Strand
                          Socks: J. Crew
                          Belt: Hollister (only walnut belt I've stumbled across at TJ Maxx/Marshalls so far. Now I need to find a gray belt)
                          Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

Gonna try this one more time

Originally posted by dardyle View Post
                            Took my son to Mystic, CT this weekend...this was yesterday at Mystic Seaport

http://imgur.com/jOGbesJ

Shirt: LEC
                            Belt: Vineyard Vines
                            Chinos: JCP
                            Shoes: LEC

The angle I held the phone to snap the pic makes my legs look a lot smaller than my torso...not really that disproportionate

Comment

@dardyle--Is that shirt a mini gingham? It's kinda hard to tell (I do most of my browsing on my phone, so it may just be me). Personally, I would have either gone with a lighter or darker shirt (probably lighter, since it's spring/summer), for more contrast, but I like everything else. I like the navy shoes/belt with the teal (turquoise?) pants.
                              Last edited by MarkB; May 29, 2013, 08:40 PM.
                              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                Alan - Here's a pic of non see through white pants you were asking about in another thread.
                                Nice! Cuánto cuesta?

Comment

Working...
                                X