Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alan, I could never wear that outfit, but I really like it.

Lance, I voted for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
      Alan, I could never wear that outfit, but I really like it.
      Thanks. FWIW, it's not quite as crazy-looking from a few feet away once the stripes start to resolve to a lighter blue. But yeah... I know what you mean. I nearly chickened out and thought about taking if off when I got to the office, but I decided to stick it out. I've gotten some double takes, a couple compliments and a, "Good morning, sunshine!"... Whatever the hell that means. :-P

I would lie and say it looks different in person, but the truth is that the picture above is actually pretty representative of the real thing.

... and if I recall, you're in Scotland, right? Yeah, I can't picture seersucker working there. For that matter, I can't picture it working north of the Mason Dixon line.
      Last edited by alan; May 28, 2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
        Voted. I can't see why that #1 guy has so many votes, though. He's about to bust right out of those pants, and the whole tie/sock/bag thing is very matchy matchy. :-P

I've never noticed this contest before, but I may have just enough crazy stuff in my closet to pull together a look and enter next month.
        I don't think he is number 1 in votes. The post at the top says they are listed in no particular order, supposedly.

Edit: after voting for Lance, it also appears the number one guy on the list is also number one in votes. So ignore my post. Footinmouth.
        Last edited by Zilch; May 28, 2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks again fellas. Looks like votes are starting to even out a bit more. Hopefully I can pull back up.

Comment

People must be drumming up the friend vote, because there are a number of those guys that are rising through the rankings, and they're agreeably not the best dressed.

Comment

I'm really finding that I enjoy the inversion of the classic navy jacket/khaki pants combination.

Jacket: J Crew Factory - just got this jacket (part of the chino suit) and I love it already; really lightweight, crisp cotton
              Shirt: CT
              Pants: JCP
              Shoes: AE Player's Shoe - I know some don't like the navy pants/walnut shoe combo; if it's you, avert your eyes

Comment

Taking my own pics sucks . . . especially since we don't have a full length mirror.

I took the pic at the end of the day so it's coming untucked so it's looking like it's too big in the body.

Comment

@lance - looks good, voted for ya.
                  @vicious. Only one thing to be done. You must get a full length!

Comment

@Acoustic: Thanks, bud. I know it was a pretty blah outfit for WIWt pic posting, but it literally was WIWT (well, yesterday), so there it is. I give credit for the belt notion from y'all here in the WIWT thread. I'm slowly coming out of my matchy-matchy shell... slowly. LOL Anyway, I needed a little *red* in my patriotic casual getup, and it just so happens that I thrifted that LE one a couple days earlier, so BUH-BAM!

@Vicious: Thanks too, bud! You're one of those who inspired me to try a little pizzazz in the belt region. Errr.... ahem. You know what I meant. And yeah, I recall your forbidden-love for Invictas. LOL - Thanks for not ripping on me about it. But yeah, I can't lie - I have felt a little apprehension posting any WIWT pics while wearing it. I know a few of you guys really don't dig them at all. That's cool. I get it. I just responded to the "whad'ya think about homages" thread - hopefully a little better this time around. LOL - Like I said there: To. Each. His. Own. Thanks again for the comment, man; and for the virtual nudge both towards Orient (love my Vintage) and towards non-matchy-matchy belt options. Coolness!

@JGL: Re the belt: I got lucky and saw this one at a thrift shop the other day. I would have probably preferred it to be navy, as that's a more useful, yet still colorful, belt choice for me, in my mind. Alas, a thrift is a thrift. And for $2, I couldn't really argue much with managment. LOL This one is marked "Made in England." Are all of LE's similar belts made there? I have some LE stuff (made in varying locations), but this is my only belt (or accessory) from them, as I recall. I sure wish it said "Made in the USA" but I'm still pretty cool with England. There aren't sweatshops in Britain, are there? Maybe. Dunno. I sure hope not. Been trying to slowly move away from garments made in countries with questionable conditions. Ya'know?

@BB: First off, thanks! It was a nice weekend with the fam, even though the weather kinda sucked here. Ah well. Quality time still wins over a nice climate. It's just a bonus when they overlap. - Secondly, nice look there, bud! Cool color palette. Dig the shirt coloring. What about that blazer/SC? Material? Lining? I ask, because I'm kinda hunting for a good Summer option, and always open to ideas/input.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                      Taking my own pics sucks . . . especially since we don't have a full length mirror.

I took the pic at the end of the day so it's coming untucked so it's looking like it's too big in the body.

Nice PO. Is that the 55 or 52mm?

Comment

@Lance: Got my vote! Cool look, for sure. And pretty natural too, aside from the FU pants. LOL - But you are wearing them well, regardless. BTW, have you been to Shomas' barber? That's a compliment, BTW.

@Alan: Please, for the love of Mike, no duck-face! But maybe that *is* the secret. Still. Please. No. - You sir are rockin' that seersucker. I too (bruschetta) don't think I could pull that one off, but I'd say you did just fine, Sunshine.... err... bud.

@bj: Once again, fit: nailed. Great job! I also like that inversion, although I don't play it very often. I still need a good Summer tan/khaki-colored blazer/SC. I've bought and returned the Kensington tan one twice now. Doh!

@Vicious: Classic colors, cool socks, cooler shoes (the new bourbons, right?) and that [email protected]$$ watch (I'll keep saying that as long as you keep posting it) - But now you see *just* how much you need your wife, eh? LOL - I'm sure beheading you with her photography skills isn't necessarily one of her favorite things to do for you... but that's the thing: she does it for you. Mine just might - dunno - but I'm too damn afraid to ask her to take pictures of me in my daily outfits for other dudes to check out and comment on. (I'm stealing that - paraphrasing somewhat - from a fellow Dapperdite here in the threads - forget who ATM). Oh man, it's a cray-cray thang we do here innit? Regardless, looking solid, dude. Nice getup, once again.

Comment

Originally posted by roklobster View Post
                          Nice PO. Is that the 55 or 52mm?
                          It's the 42mm version. The bigger one is 45.5mm but would look huge on my 6.5" wrists.

Thanks yoyo. She even suggested we go buy a full length mirror before she left on vacation for my what is weather today pics.

Comment

On the left:
                            Jacket: Express
                            Shirt: Ratio
                            Pants: Gap

On the right:
                            Jacket: Kensington
                            Shirt: Express
                            Pants: 501s
                            Watch: Orient

Comment

@Rootin for ya Lance!
                              @Alan, nice seersucker bomb!
                              @BJ: great otr fit. Sleeve could be moved up a bit to show some cuff no?
                              @viious: how come you have to take your own pics now?
                              @zachary: Great color in your photography. It's rare to see a gray kensington around here. very nice!

Being a bum per usual:

Target henley
                              Filson Jacket
                              514s
                              Wolverine 1Ks

Comment

Foodie - those shoes look fantastic. As for the pics, the wife took a 1 month vacation to visit here family in TX. I'm going down next week to visit her for a few days. Can't wait to visit Austin while I'm there.

Comment

Working...
                                X