Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now *this* is what I call bumming around, Foodie. LOL - Total full-on casual, while still consciously trying to mix in a little of the ol' red, white & blue. Happy Memorial Day!

WIWT - a day involving: (1) playing outside with my kiddos (a recent thread all on it's own, IIRC - here's some of those older, looser chinos that I mentioned in my replies there), (2) working outside, getting the backyard pool/patio/deck stuff ready for Summer, (3) playing catch/fetch about 30 krazillion times with our pooch (Goldendoodles *really* like to play catch/fetch), and (4) relaxing and enjoying freedom, thanks to all of the brave men and women who have given their lives so that we Americans can do just that.

Shirt: BR
    Belt: LE (thrifted a couple days ago)
    Chinos: Dockers
    Shoes: Sperry
    Watch: Invicta
    Scent: Bond No.9 (free sample *bons-bons* are a beautiful thang)
    Shades: RE

Comment

@yoyo: that's a real nice casual fit. That Belt really completes the look and adds a nice subtle detail to the simplicity.

Comment

Looking good. Y'all.

Comment

Yoyo - I like that belt but you know how I feel about Invicta watches.

Comment

@yoyo: I've been looking for a belt like that. Good find.

Comment

Sliding into summer.

Comment

This was WIW(for Mother's day brunch) ha.

Decided to enter in a contest on TSBmen.com, and made top ten.

http://tsbmen.com/28663/may-giveaway-top-10-vote/

Go and vote my fellow Dappered readers, I need more clothes!

Comment

Yoyo: nice weekend attire. Sounds like a nice one.

Lance: looks great, and sure I'll vote. The "FU" pants with the subdued colors elsewhere is a nice look.

Comment

I like Akil M.'s getup, but I think Philip A.'s bright green suit is too out there, and the same with Adrian B.'s color scheme -- lots of slightly different shades of green. But both have highwater pants and skin tight suits, and that's the zeitgeist at the moment, so they may pull it out. I hope you win, Lance!

Comment

Thanks BB, and yeah top few guys have some nice, put together looks. I could always use more Suit Supply Coats and Allen Edmonds, ha.

Comment

As I said in the "Recent Purchases" thread, it's not my fault that I now own a seersucker jacket. It's JCP's fault for clearing them out at $13.50. Ignore the crooked sunglasses. :-P

How do teenagers take these pics! It's such a difficult angle. Maybe it'll work better if I use "duck face".

Sunglasses: Persol
                        Jacket: JCP
                        Shirt: Lands End
                        Tie: Roundtree & Yorke
                        Pants: LEC khakis (not pictured)
                        Shoes: Dunhill British tan wingtip balmorals (not pictured)
                        Last edited by alan; May 28, 2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance F. View Post
                          Thanks BB, and yeah top few guys have some nice, put together looks. I could always use more Suit Supply Coats and Allen Edmonds, ha.
                          What's the run down on what you've got on? I think you're killing all those other dudes, btw, because it actually looks like something you'd wear rather than something you put on to enter the contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance F. View Post

Decided to enter in a contest on TSBmen.com, and made top ten.

http://tsbmen.com/28663/may-giveaway-top-10-vote/

Go and vote my fellow Dappered readers, I need more clothes!
                            Voted. I can't see why that #1 guy has so many votes, though. He's about to bust right out of those pants, and the whole tie/sock/bag thing is very matchy matchy. :-P

I've never noticed this contest before, but I may have just enough crazy stuff in my closet to pull together a look and enter next month.
                            Last edited by alan; May 28, 2013, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekH View Post
                              What's the run down on what you've got on? I think you're killing all those other dudes, btw, because it actually looks like something you'd wear rather than something you put on to enter the contest.
                              Let's see:
                              OCDB: LEC, tailored to fit
                              Henley: Massimo from Target
                              FU Pants: American Eagle Slim Fit
                              Watch: Timex w/American Eagle Strap
                              Shoes: Johnston & Murphy Vauter Penny

Thanks for the votes guys!

Comment

@BB: I like the shirt/jacket/pants combo.

Comment

Working...
                                X