Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I'm always very afraid of coming off as a dandy, I wasn't sure if the pocket square put me over the line, so I'm wavering a little bit, but it definitely looks good enough for this thread.
    Last edited by Jake101; May 22, 2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      Thanks! I'm always very afraid of coming off as a dandy, I wasn't sure if the pocket square put me over the line, so I'm wavering a little bit, but it definitely looks good enough for this thread.
      I may not be the best authority on the question, but to my eyes, you're pretty far from dandy territory here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shomas View Post
        I may not be the best authority on the question, but to my eyes, you're pretty far from dandy territory here.
        Agreed.

Comment

Alright! But in truth , the word dandy may not fully represent what I'm saying. I kinda mean - dressing well within social circles is ok - but doing something unheard of or never seen, I.e - pocket squares, toes the line.

Comment

This is me today. Court in the morning and a cocktail reception tonight with a workday in between. This is my best attempt at an outfit that works in all three settings:

Suit: JCF Thompson
            Shirt: Blank Label
            Shoes: Hanover
            Tie and pocket square: Lands End (I left out the PS at court)
            Tie bar: The Tie Bar
            Watch: Omega on a J Crew strap.
            Cuff links: Kent Wang

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
              Alright! But in truth , the word dandy may not fully represent what I'm saying. I kinda mean - dressing well within social circles is ok - but doing something unheard of or never seen, I.e - pocket squares, toes the line.
              I hear you and I'm pretty damned self-conscious myself, so I definitely know the feeling. However, there's a first time for everything, so if you look good with it (and you do), you may as well be the first one to wear a pocket square among your group of acquaintances. If anyone asks why you're wearing it, just say "because it looks good."

Comment

Robbo - I love those shoes.

These BenR angle photos are tougher than they look. The wife has gone off to 'deep in the heart of Texas' for a month so I have to take my own pics again. I half-tucked the shirt in so I could get the belt and shoes in the pic. I actually went with my Orient Mako earlier but switched to the Ball to make sure I had the bracelet adjusted properly.

polo, belt, and pants - J Crew Factory
                shoes - Jack Purcell
                watch - Ball Victory

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                  Jacket: BR
                  Shirt: BR
                  Belt: BR
                  Jeans: 501
                  Socks: JCF
                  Shoes: Alden (thrifted)
                  Watch: Orient
                  Scent: Creed
                  Umbrella: Totes
                  What a thrift find. Nice shoes!

Comment

This khaki J Crew jacket is quickly becoming a favorite.

Jacket: J Crew
                    Shirt: CT
                    Pants: JCF Thompson
                    Shoes: AE Player's Shoe in walnut (sans socks, sorry bruschetta; the high is 93┬║ today)

Comment

Shomas, looking great, as Tate you, BJ. Robbo, excellent shoes, looks nice too with the getup. And Alan, I'd burn my clothes and dance naked if it meant I could be mentioned in your sartorial company.

LE linen cotton jacket
                      Zegna linen cotton shirt (eBay)
                      BR linen pants (eBay)
                      Stafford wingtips

Comment

Not sure who Tate is...

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
                          @yoyorobbo: Nice shoes! (Not an invitation.)
                          Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          Robbo - I love those shoes.
                          Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                          What a thrift find. Nice shoes!
                          LOL, Alan! WSHEW! - Thanks, fellas. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon them. They really filled a void in my rotation; a role that I *thought* was going to be played by some Merlot AE McAllisters, with the combo tap sole. I originally bought those during their anniversary sale, but had to return them do to poor fit on my sucky feet. These Aldens look VERY similar to those, but fit me MUCH better. Rubber sole, so a tad more casual - but still Goodyear welted, so hopefully recraftable if/when needed. Again, thanks for the comments!

Comment

@Alan: I too am digging that Fossil. The shirt is a little cray-cray, but I like it on you. Looks super comfortable and why not bust out some seasonl colors? Looks good, man!

@Jake: Not dandy-ish at all, bud. Looking slick, actually... for a peacock. - (no really, looking solid man - nice touch with the p-sqaure)

@Shomas: I know I've commented before, and I hope you don't take it wrong, but you *especially* have a cool '60s, (early season) *Mad Men*-ish look in that court day pic. It may not translate like that in person, and it's not a bad thing at all - VERY slick and smooth looking. Just reminds me of that a bit. And I won't mention "Harry Crane" this time. Err... *next* time.

@Vicious: LOL @ the "BenR" labeling of the self-photo angle. Has he embraced the incorrect credit yet? LOL - It's truly Sig's sig, right? Ha! I think BenR has claim to the "booty shot" - as it were. - Kidding aside, awesome new watch! I'm not at all familiar with the brand, but if you and LBD are into it, it's gotta be good. Wear it in good health! - Also, the JPs are looking "so fresh and so clean!"

@bj: That khaki blazer looks GREAT on you! Awesome fit! Looks kinda like how I wish the Kensington looked on me. Also dig that pocket square. Nice contrast, and way to tie in the pants color, along with the shade of the shirt (I think).

@BB: Please, no nude-dancing, clothes-burning pics. Pretty sure that's a forum rule. Otherwise looking solid, once again. How do you like those linen BR pants? Oh, and thanks for the comment on my shoes. I think they'll work pretty good with a lot of outfits; especially those bordering on the business-casual tip. The color (Merlot/cordovan/etc) is one of my faves in footwear (super versatile, IMO and not really given its due), and the rubber sole can be good or bad. Bad, maybe in some more dressy getups, but certainly good for not worrying about the weather. Right? Again, thanks!
                            Last edited by yoyorobbo; May 23, 2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

@Shomas - Great getup, as usual. I especially love the shirt.

@BB and @robbo - Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                                @Shomas: I know I've commented before, and I hope you don't take it wrong, but you *especially* have a cool '60s, (early season) *Mad Men*-ish look in that court day pic. It may not translate like that in person, and it's not a bad thing at all - VERY slick and smooth looking. Just reminds me of that a bit. And I won't mention "Harry Crane" this time. Err... *next* time.
                                Works for me (and you didn't even see me at the cocktail party...). Thanks! Also, thanks BB and BJ (and Tate). BJ, I like the print of the shirt, but I'm not in love with it otherwise. The fit is a little big (this was my first Blank Label shirt - the next one they did fits much better) and the collar is oddly enormous, without being soft enough to roll nicely. I usually wind up feeling self-concious and in my head I imagine that I look like Joe Pesci from Good Fellas .
                                Obviously that's overwrought, but what can I say, I'm vain and paranoid.

Vicious, I'm a sucker for Jack Purcells, so I totally approve of this look.
                                BJ, this is basically how I aspire to dress, so yeah. I can see why that jacket would be a favorite.
                                BB, nice as usual. Seems like you kinda matched the texture of the belt and shoes, which is pretty great, really.

Comment

Working...
                                X